Return of the Mac

toddy

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I love it here. I don't want to let people down. Like it or lump it I'm staying here!" - Steve McClaren, 06/01/15

"I hear the speculation, I see it, but I'm 100% committed to Derby County at this point. I've been saying it for months, that my total focus, my total commitment, is on Derby County. For three-quarters of the season we were one of the best teams in the league. I really felt when we went top of the league we could get in to the Premier League. In the last two months injuries have come thick and fast to important, experienced players and we lost momentum. It derailed us and we failed to get back on track. There is still a lot more to come from this team." - Steve McClaren, 06/05/15

"I'm very disappointed with the decision. The club means a huge amount to me, and I was not looking to leave. While we were all unhappy with the way the season ended, I still believe real progress was being made. I do not believe or accept that rumours linking me to the Newcastle United job were a factor in the team's performances this year, as had been alleged. I wanted to remain with the club and was confident in leading the side to a successful season next year." - Steve McClaren, 26/05/15

McClaren rejected Newcastle's approach in January in the wake of Alan Pardew's exit and again said 'no' with three matches of the season remaining, on both occasions deciding to remain at Derby County, where he was eventually sacked last month after missing out on the Championship play-offs. - The Daily Mail, 11/06/15

I'm not really sure what more fans could ask for?

2 hours ago, KernowRam said:

I was going to put a picture of Homer crawling through the small 'sublicants' door to get his job back at the Nuclear Plant in The Simpsons. But I don't know how. I even found a picture and saved image, but then my know how ran out. Probably wasn't worth it anyway. It made me smile though.

One way of doing it:

Go to google images, find a pic you want, click on view image, highlight address line and right click mouse and then click copy.  On this page click on "insert other media" and then click on "insert image" Right click on the URL bar and choose paste.

287.jpg

14 hours ago, cannable said:

"I love it here. I don't want to let people down. Like it or lump it I'm staying here!" - Steve McClaren, 06/01/15

"I hear the speculation, I see it, but I'm 100% committed to Derby County at this point. I've been saying it for months, that my total focus, my total commitment, is on Derby County. For three-quarters of the season we were one of the best teams in the league. I really felt when we went top of the league we could get in to the Premier League. In the last two months injuries have come thick and fast to important, experienced players and we lost momentum. It derailed us and we failed to get back on track. There is still a lot more to come from this team." - Steve McClaren, 06/05/15

"I'm very disappointed with the decision. The club means a huge amount to me, and I was not looking to leave. While we were all unhappy with the way the season ended, I still believe real progress was being made. I do not believe or accept that rumours linking me to the Newcastle United job were a factor in the team's performances this year, as had been alleged. I wanted to remain with the club and was confident in leading the side to a successful season next year." - Steve McClaren, 26/05/15

McClaren rejected Newcastle's approach in January in the wake of Alan Pardew's exit and again said 'no' with three matches of the season remaining, on both occasions deciding to remain at Derby County, where he was eventually sacked last month after missing out on the Championship play-offs. - The Daily Mail, 11/06/15

I'm not really sure what more fans could ask for?

I remember the video from January where he dismissed his wishes to join Newcastle. It was classic example how words and body tells different things. Cringeworthy to watch.

38 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Morris has earmarked Steve McClaren as Pearson’s replacement.

But the former England coach, who was sacked by Derby in May 2015 after lining up a move to become Newcastle boss, will have to apologise to Morris first if he wants the job.

Mirror..

Please Mel, I'm so sorry, can I have the job? :lol:

You think there's any truth in any of that ? 

I actually think Mel needs to apologise to Steve McClaren. 

McClaren knew Mel wanted to get rid of him, but still remained. The fact that McClaren, WISELY refused to burn any bridges with Newcastle is neither here nor there for me, as McClaren alluded to, he could get the sack any time so it's silly to rule things out definitively.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I actually think Mel needs to apologise to Steve McClaren. 

McClaren knew Mel wanted to get rid of him, but still remained. The fact that McClaren, WISELY refused to burn any bridges with Newcastle is neither here nor there for me, as McClaren alluded to, he could get the sack any time so it's silly to rule things out definitively.

Mel looked him in the eye, and although Mac assured him he wanted to stay and 'put things right', in his own words, Mel still sacked him because his heart wasn't truly in the job, in Mel's opinion.

He sacked a Manager who wanted to stay, who had been so good for us, because Mel knew best.

20 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Mel looked him in the eye, and although Mac assured him he wanted to stay and 'put things right', in his own words, Mel still sacked him because his heart wasn't truly in the job, in Mel's opinion.

He sacked a Manager who wanted to stay, who had been so good for us, because Mel knew best.

Hmmm.

8 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

FARCE

I agree. Funny though. Last week when all this kicked off, I said we must look like a joke and got lambasted by a few on here. I still stand by that. There has been one constant throughout the last couple of years. Enough said

I personally don't think we should go back to Maclaren, that time has come and gone. Last time he came in he walked into a dressing room full of hard working, down to earth, fully committed to the cause talented players. I can't necessarily say that about this crop. The squad and the expectation about the place has changed so much, we'd have to overhaul the squad either way and Maclarens recruitment (or players brought in during his tenure, God knows who was actually picking them) wasn't exactly great was it, we bought a lot of players that didn't improve the squad at all baring King George. 

I I also think that while the first 6 months of his reign was probably the best football I've ever witnessed at Derby (didn't start going till after the TBE days of the prem) his las 6 months and "the great bottling" was nearly on par with the 11 points debacle IMO, we need to move forward not sideways or backwards a bit like the majority of our football over the last 18 months.

Archived