Return of the Mac

toddy

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

We throw a street party in his name ?

joking aside, I'm just still shocked by today's news And quite honestly genuinely not sure what to think atm

Exactly the same NottsRam. Beginning to question everything I thought I understood about football. 

I was a Pearson fan when we brought him in and didn't like TBE when he was first appointed as well as Schteve's return wasn't happy there either. Was wrong on all 3 occasions it appears :blink:

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RobboRam said:

Mcclaren's permanent signings were pretty horrendous on the whole. His loans worked fantastically well which was the main reason for his success. As much as I liked the football. He was severely lacking in the signings department. How many of his players are in the current side v Clough and Clement? Any?

I always thought it was Chris Evans identifying targets and giving McClaren the final say, to be honest. There was this big thing about how Evans literally stopped the Eibar team bus to speak to Albentosa wasn't there? 

Alarm bells rang though when Shotton was unveiled and McClaren stated that he was comfortable on the ball!

1 minute ago, cannable said:

I always thought it was Chris Evans identifying targets and giving McClaren the final say, to be honest. There was this big thing about how Evans literally stopped the Eibar team bus to speak to Albentosa wasn't there? 

Alarm bells rang though when Shotton was unveiled and McClaren stated that he was comfortable on the ball!

I'm not a mclaren fan in the slightest. Supreme choke artist. But Have you seen Shotton play for Birmingham. I have. Twice. Silky smooth on the ball and lethal with his head on corners. He's Rio esque. A headed goal tonight. Rowett obviously saw the potential.

1 minute ago, Ninos said:

I'm not a mclaren fan in the slightest. Supreme choke artist. But Have you seen Shotton play for Birmingham. I have. Twice. Silky smooth on the ball and lethal with his head on corners. He's Rio esque. A headed goal tonight. Rowett obviously saw the potential.

Perhaps I've just been spoiled by Keogh, Keane and Bucko. 70-yard left foot ping from Lord Jake tonight to set up Will Grigg.

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

Just can't defend bless him 

I got told by a mate when we signed him who's a stoke city fan that he's a mid table championship centre half, I think he nailed it to be fair 

hes quite quick, he's strong, and gets stuck in but like many an average championship centre half he has the concentration span of a absent minded goldfish 

9 hours ago, Ramos said:

And who said students can't get good jobs?!

My daughter  was at uni for three years  and has a got a good job. I wouldn't  want mcclaren  back. We had a brilliant  run with him. But when he flerted with Newcastle  he deserved what he got. 

1 minute ago, oldtimeram said:

Brian was a far better manager than McClaren though

but people aren't saying no because of management skills, they are saying no cos he 'flirted' and 'treated us..' etc.

Brian Clough was a backstabbing egotistical oaf on a bad day, and much worse than McClaren.

I was going to put a picture of Homer crawling through the small 'sublicants' door to get his job back at the Nuclear Plant in The Simpsons. But I don't know how. I even found a picture and saved image, but then my know how ran out. Probably wasn't worth it anyway. It made me smile though.

Archived