• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, eddie said:

Mel: "Who do you want as Derby Manager?"

Eddie: "Steve McClaren"

Breakfast Club, 2016

:)

Don't underplay it Eddie. You were quite defiant and I think your answer not only shocked Mel, he appeared quite uncomfortable with the notion that he'd got rid of the guy some people wanted.

I was about to say thanks, and I will when he's confirmed. 

1 minute ago, lee_derby said:

for how long ? till xmas and the circus carries on with sm walking away again with a payoff ,some fans deserve what they get .a snake is a snake no matter how you look at it.

He turned them down twice and only decided to join them once it was clear that he was to be sacked 

He repeatedly stated that he wanted to stay here

He didn't cause the circus. The fans did and to some extent the local media for listening to the ****** on Twitter begging OB and SN to ask him again and again and again about the Newcastle link.

2 minutes ago, lee_derby said:

for how long ? till xmas and the circus carries on with sm walking away again with a payoff ,some fans deserve what they get .a snake is a snake no matter how you look at it.

I think everyone has learned a few lessons from that debacle - and let's remember that Mel wasn't in charge back then either..

2 minutes ago, lee_derby said:

He didn't walk last time. Time after time he pledged his loyalty to Derby County, only a faction of our support, the 'no smoke without fire' merchants, the conspiracy theorists, wouldn't have it.

Then, after he was sacked and he ended up at Newcastle, these same 'supporters' said "I told you so". Probably the same 'supporters' who clamoured for the appointment of Pearson, then two months later, clamoured for his dismissal.

Whereas McClaren's stock is not very high at the moment, the stock of some Derby fans has never been lower in my lifetime.

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

So if it all goes tits up the buck stops with you. ?

Pretty much, but seeing as I'm a middle-class liberal leftie who was accused earlier today of working on behalf of the Three Amigos by one poster on here, bite me.

Archived