Derby v Ipswich

Mafiabob

3 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

Not nice to lose but a step in the right direction because we actually created chances. Next step will be actually putting it in the net but it will come. 

Take a breath, early days yet. No need hit the panic button just yet.

Who are these players who we have who can put the ball in the net? Early days yet when we've lost four frigging games and only scored one goal all effing season? 

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be perfectly honest, the comments would be largely positive about tonight if Blackman's 3 yard tap in didn't hit the keeper and land on the line in his arms, and Carson could push the ball away from the goal instead of towards the goal.

It's clear what the problem is - confidence. As a squad we're mentally weak. I personally believe that footballers should be able to handle conceding a goal without collapsing like a house of cards, but ours don't. When we're confident and on a roll we can be brilliant, and I don't doubt that we'll see some brilliance this season, we just need something to go our way to get the momentum going.

I think a result is absolutely essential now. Just get 3 points anyway we can and let the players believe again. We were warned by Leicester fans after hiring Pearson that it's going to worse before it gets better. How close are we to the bottom of this ditch?

12 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

It's still under the radar. Decent Indian ocean swell down south. ;)

Nice, everyone there is properly chilled out, really friendly and I love the hardcore restaurants with wall to wall boiled goats heads. It's always my wildcard holiday recommendation. 

I'm as disappointed as anyone but we simply can't sack the manager again or we will just be like that rabble down the road. All of mel's  interventions so far haven't been the best and I think Mel, Pearson, the coaching staff, players, local media and the fans have got to suck this up. Get Angry, get motivated and get back to being the club we should be. I know that's hard but it's the only real way foward without us turning into a tin pot club.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

To be perfectly honest, the comments would be largely positive about tonight if Blackman's 3 yard tap in didn't hit the keeper and land on the line in his arms, and Carson could push the ball away from the goal instead of towards the goal.

It's clear what the problem is - confidence. As a squad we're mentally weak. I personally believe that footballers should be able to handle conceding a goal without collapsing like a house of cards, but ours don't. When we're confident and on a roll we can be brilliant, and I don't doubt that we'll see some brilliance this season, we just need something to go our way to get the momentum going.

I think a result is absolutely essential now. Just get 3 points anyway we can and let the players believe again. We were warned by Leicester fans after hiring Pearson that it's going to worse before it gets better. How close are we to the bottom of this ditch?

I wonder what is going through Morris's mind at this moment....

9 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Whilst everyone seems to be calling for Pearsons head right now Mel is not going to sack him this season.

He will be given time to rebuild the squad. The only reason he did not move earlier in the window was Mel's insistence we had the right players already and that they should be given another chance. I believe Pearson knew pretty much from day 1 where our weaknesses lay and he can only be criticised for not fighting his corner harder and starting the rebuilding job much earlier in the summer.

A long hard season lies ahead but Pearson will be the man to oversee the change. The goals are an issue right now but it will only take us to get the first goal in a game for confidence to return. We just need a bit of luck to go our way - we won't be relegated and we won't be promoted this season. Everyone needs to stay calm and like tonight stay behind the team - COYR!

Are you close to the action @Cool As Custard?

You write very knowledgeably and I must say that the scenario you paint is plausible. 

Must be really galling for Mel to have someone come in and rubbish the assets his millions have funded for the club.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

How can we be mentally week, 6 weeks pre season, Chris Powell, our manager is a winner - the players are not good enough and haven't been for 3 years. 

Lets be positive. 

This team as is + confidence will be fine. They looked like they knew what they were doing first half, wasnt as good second, but I think its getting there. 

Crowd did ok tonight, I dont think it merited the boos at the end, but they were short lived and I think most appreciate we tried and tge better side lost. 

How the f c u k did Carson let that in though......

8 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Whilst everyone seems to be calling for Pearsons head right now Mel is not going to sack him this season.

He will be given time to rebuild the squad. The only reason he did not move earlier in the window was Mel's insistence we had the right players already and that they should be given another chance. I believe Pearson knew pretty much from day 1 where our weaknesses lay and he can only be criticised for not fighting his corner harder and starting the rebuilding job much earlier in the summer.

A long hard season lies ahead but Pearson will be the man to oversee the change. The goals are an issue right now but it will only take us to get the first goal in a game for confidence to return. We just need a bit of luck to go our way - we won't be relegated and we won't be promoted this season. Everyone needs to stay calm and like tonight stay behind the team - COYR!

Plausable, but expect 5k off season tickets and it is going to be impossible to move Blackman, Johnson on as no-one is stupid enough to sign them,

8 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

He wasn't going to sack Clement either!

You know Mel insisted we had the right players? You what? How do you know that/why would Mel butt in like that!?!!!???

12 minutes ago, nottingram said:

In fairness he's probably better than Shackell.

Pearce was brilliant tonight I thought, if he can carry it on then hopefully we won't be seeing Jason chipping the ball in to Row E for a little while 

Hate it when people exaggerate on this forum just to make a point.

Row E? Shackell is nowhere near that accurate. 

Archived