Derby v Ipswich

Mafiabob

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jono said:

Talk about headless chickens and want it now .. Good grief .. So much Ill considered bile. 

We played well for the majority of the match. We created chances, there was some good football. We lost to their one decent shot, a lot of our own fluffed chances that on any other day would have given us at least one goal. Ipswich were very physical and a long way from clean. We did lack a little aggression off the ball and had about zero in the luck of the bounce stakes. 

I am miserable because I want to see some goals but we really were robbed. 

Christie .. Worked hard but crossing practice needed urgently

Olson .. Eager, full of effort

Keogh .. Another solid performance

Pearce .. Excellent game especially as he has been out of the picture for so long. Won headers all night and passed the ball to a man in a white shirt moving in a forward direction 

Bryson .. Some good moments but not sure he's the ideal partner for Hughes

Hughes .. Best player on the pitch .. Easy 

Anya .. A good signing. More to come another ok night. Massively hungry and a better touch than JR

Wilson .. Humm some flashes but needs to do better 

Vydra .. He's got it I am sure but tonight the ball didn't run for him and I think he needs more ball on the floor

Butterfield .. Started slowly and grew strongly in to the game 

I suppose overall it ought to be a 6.5 / 10 performance but it can't be because we lost. It hurts to say it but Ipswich were gritty .. Crude, coarse but gritty and determined. And blooming lucky to boot ! 

keep the faith, don't panic, don't turn on each other. 

That is how it sounded on the radio.

Carson: 4 - big mistake for the goal, can't afford to do that in games like that 

Christie: 5 - couple of okay crosses but unbelievably frustrating end product

Keogh: 6 - did nothing wrong, maybe could've done more to drive us forward but that's quite critical

Pearce: 7 - braver, sharper and just generally better than Shackell

Olsson: 4 - can't really get my head around him, everything looks so awkward, struggles with his passing

Anya: 6 - I like him, he's got a good touch and can go either side, was gone towards the end but he'll do well here

Hughes: 8 - poor sod must wonder why he hasn't made more of a fuss to leave

Bryson: 6 - the roundest of pegs being made to play in the squarest of holes but doing it quite well generally

Butterfield: 5 - saw a lot of the ball and played some nice balls but we need his long range shooting back

Wilson: 6 - I like him a lot, don't think he's quite there fitness wise but he carries the ball well and signs are there of link up with Vydra

Vydra: 5 - he's not sharp enough at the minute but it'll come, balls being fired at his head won't help him 

5 minutes ago, jono said:

Talk about headless chickens and want it now .. Good grief .. So much Ill considered bile. 

We played well for the majority of the match. We created chances, there was some good football. We lost to their one decent shot, a lot of our own fluffed chances that on any other day would have given us at least one goal. Ipswich were very physical and a long way from clean. We did lack a little aggression off the ball and had about zero in the luck of the bounce stakes. 

I am miserable because I want to see some goals but we really were robbed. 

Christie .. Worked hard but crossing practice needed urgently

Olson .. Eager, full of effort

Keogh .. Another solid performance

Pearce .. Excellent game especially as he has been out of the picture for so long. Won headers all night and passed the ball to a man in a white shirt moving in a forward direction 

Bryson .. Some good moments but not sure he's the ideal partner for Hughes

Hughes .. Best player on the pitch .. Easy 

Anya .. A good signing. More to come another ok night. Massively hungry and a better touch than JR

Wilson .. Humm some flashes but needs to do better 

Vydra .. He's got it I am sure but tonight the ball didn't run for him and I think he needs more ball on the floor

Butterfield .. Started slowly and grew strongly in to the game 

I suppose overall it ought to be a 6.5 / 10 performance but it can't be because we lost. It hurts to say it but Ipswich were gritty .. Crude, coarse but gritty and determined. And blooming lucky to boot ! 

keep the faith, don't panic, don't turn on each other. 

A mic Mccarthy team all over effective that's about it. They got lucky tonight no doubts about it. We will play worse this season and win comfortably. Just one of those games against a team (like newcastle) you don't really want to play when we are playing like this. 

I agree wig your positive message though this is a transition season nothing more. It took NP 3 years to sort out leicester i suspect it will take about the same here. Very early days yet. 

23 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Can't say I'm surprised by the 1-0 defeat, seen it coming a mile off. 

Can't blame the effort for tonight, thought every player tried, but they just don't know how to move the ball quickly in the final third. Way, way, way too slow, especially against a team of cloggers in Ipswich. Needs to be quicker. 

Why he subbed Bent on I don't know, basically giving up on the match at that point.

Can't go on like this for much longer. Never seen so many people leave on 80 mins. 

75 minutes on the clock when people were leaving around me in the east stand, I know we can't score but there was about 20 more minutes to play!

51 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I think Carson could go the wAy of shackell... His distribution is so poor that he really needs to play a blinder defensively or else his place is at risk. Carsons shots to goals conceded use be about 50%... Our forwArds shots to goals ratio is precisely 0% this season.

We just loaned out one of the best footballing 'keepers in the country.

Grant was outrageously underrated just because of that dodgy spell when he was injured towards the end of 2014/15.

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Carson: 4 - big mistake for the goal, can't afford to do that in games like that 

Christie: 5 - couple of okay crosses but unbelievably frustrating end product

Keogh: 6 - did nothing wrong, maybe could've done more to drive us forward but that's quite critical

Pearce: 7 - braver, sharper and just generally better than Shackell

Olsson: 4 - can't really get my head around him, everything looks so awkward, struggles with his passing

Anya: 6 - I like him, he's got a good touch and can go either side, was gone towards the end but he'll do well here

Hughes: 8 - poor sod must wonder why he hasn't made more of a fuss to leave

Bryson: 6 - the roundest of pegs being made to play in the squarest of holes but doing it quite well generally

Butterfield: 5 - saw a lot of the ball and played some nice balls but we need his long range shooting back

Wilson: 6 - I like him a lot, don't think he's quite there fitness wise but he carries the ball well and signs are there of link up with Vydra

Vydra: 5 - he's not sharp enough at the minute but it'll come, balls being fired at his head won't help him 

Agree with most but thought Bryson was the best player, never stopped running and tackling, him, Hughes and keogh stood out

vydra needs to get up to match practice level and anya was a shade of a player he was vs Newcastle.

I thought we were better coming out from the back with Pearce instead of shackell, and with three in midfield who all did well. But oh dear our forwards really aren't up to scratch. Anya was not as lively as against Newcastle. Blackman and bent are deadbeats. Wilson not ready yet. Vydra not a centre forward. 

Last two games have been better than burton game but that ain't saying much is it? Can't tell whether we were better tonight than against necastle ... We certainly had more chances but Ipswich are nowhere near as good as newcastle. 

Carson no use I'm afraid . Still so much deadwood. Why didn't we get busy throughout the transfer window? 

Lots of effort. 

Zero quality.

Crossing, final ball, incisive passing - all dreadful.

After messing up that ball which would have ended a really good move (or taking it on himself), Anya ran as far away from the ball as he could possibly get for the rest of the game.

Bryson as a third centre half receiving the ball doesn't work, a bit better from Hughes but looks a shadow of the player we know he can be. Nothing much from Wilson, willing full backs but crossing all over the place. Butterfield anonymous. Couldn't see from my angle whether Carson dropped a ******* or not, but it looked like he should have saved it.

On the positive front, Keogh played well, Pearce looked good and I like Vydra's movement. 

Most worrying is the way we just fell away after conceding, just like Saturday. No rolling up of sleeves or positive reaction at all. And you can't blame the fans, they remained supportive.

The boys did well tonight. Apart from Carson, that's the problem as keeper if you make a mistake it often results in a goal. I think Pearson will turn it round.

Carson 4 shocking distribution, countless times he could of set off a fast counter, kicking the ball out on more than 1 occasion, costly error

Christie 7 defended well and attacked well, crossing needs working on drastically 

Keogh 7 steady

Pearce 8 my MOM won everything. Our only true leader. Score also based on the fact that's his first league start 

Olson 6 maybe a bit harsh but too much side ways and backward passing. Can't beat a man

Hughes 8 very good, ran the show

Bryson 7 solid enough, great work rate huffed and puffed. Heart on the sleeve stuff 

Butterfield 6 I like Butters but he's no winger

Anya 7 tried hard, would look better if he played on Christies side. Crossing needs work and shooting also

Wilson 6 A few decent touches, looks unfit, should get better

Vydra 7 on another day would of scored, the ball just won't drop at the minute, will be a good signing though 

What the hell is with our crossing, it's abysmal! We do not have a target man. What's wrong with the hard and low crosses. Even a chance of an OG if it doesn't find one of our players. Same with goal kicks. Against Newcastle Carson lumped it to Russell most of the time. Same with our corners beeing floated in, dreadful, whip it in with a bit of pace FGS. Also throwings, these are TERRIBLE. It's been touched on elsewhere but even if we do flick one on there's nobody gambling in behind its so frustrating. But after all this moaning I have faith he will turn it round. COYR 

6 minutes ago, cannable said:

We just loaned out one of the best footballing 'keepers in the country.

Grant was outrageously underrated just because of that dodgy spell when he was injured towards the end of 2014/15.

And the dodgy spell he had when he stood in for Carson in 2015/16. 

Another disappointing performance tonight. We looked alright on the ball, but we just can't do anything with it. So many balls pumped into the box and not one of our attackers can head a ball, god knows why we sold Martin as our attack is so lightweight right now. Only positives was how good Hughesy was and how comfortable Pearce looked on the ball. 

Pearson really needs to get this team playing soon. 

I agree we were much, much better, but without really testing their keeper until a few scrambles in the last 5 minutes.

I know we're all looking for positives, but Saturday starts to look like a big game to me. Lose that, get tanked by what will be a strong Liverpool side and the Blackburn game will start to look like a relegation 6 pointer we daren't lose.

I could seriously see a position where Pearson is clearing his desk before the end of the month. 

It would be madness...but...if we really were bottom 3 with 1 or 2 goals in 9 games? (A fifth of a season).

Wouldn't Mel be getting an itchy trigger finger?

7 minutes ago, needles said:

I agree we were much, much better, but without really testing their keeper until a few scrambles in the last 5 minutes.

I know we're all looking for positives, but Saturday starts to look like a big game to me. Lose that, get tanked by what will be a strong Liverpool side and the Blackburn game will start to look like a relegation 6 pointer we daren't lose.

I could seriously see a position where Pearson is clearing his desk before the end of the month. 

It would be madness...but...if we really were bottom 3 with 1 or 2 goals in 9 games? (A fifth of a season).

Wouldn't Mel be getting an itchy trigger finger?

I think no other manager would survive that but I think ours will unless the fans stop attending

There's definitely unrest. 3 people at the top of the South Stand sat down tonight. One of them is that old he had to (although when challenged he offered to meet any fooker at the bottom of Bateman Street by the toilets) but the other two were trying to get a sit down protest going.

I can only imagine what its like in the West Stand.

Archived