January Transfer Suggestion Thread

CastletonRam

8 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Jordan Rhodes in on loan would be a no brainier for me, failing that stick a cheeky bid in for Jackson Irvine at Burton 

Jordan Rhodes is a good option if available. If Martin won't or can't come back during the transfer window I hope derby can exercise their option to sell and use the money to strengthen. 

4 hours ago, Harrowram said:

The transfer window will be important. I think McLaren has to bring in at least 1 in form striker and decide whether to keep Blackman or put him out on loan.

We did that last January. Now we have to decide whether to keep him or put him out on loan.

Prepare yourself!!

Through my excellent scouting network..

The answer to our left back troubles! (Sorry Lowe :D, you can be first choice backup)

If possible we should sign Matěj Hanousek - promising Czech left back 23 years old, knows how to defend, can get forward and put a cross in. currently on loan at FK Jablonec from his home club FK Dukla Prague.

Strong on the ball, young with plenty of time to improve, possibility of signing on loan with a view to permenant. would have Vydra for support in case of language issues....overall I think would be a great signing, I can't think our scouting network is going to pick him up though :lol:

(FYI, I have just watched him play live yesterday vs FC Viktoria Plzeň in the Czech Republic, no FM2017 involved ;) )

Another one, this time a perfect replacement for Martin and exactly what we are looking for...

Štěpán Kacafírek from FK Příbram, out of form right now, but looks like a great player, big strong ST who is good with his feet, his way of play reminds me of a younger Stevie Howard...could he be our next one?

Pros: can play with his back to goal, links up play well, strong and stands at a promising 6ft 4.7. used to playing as a lone striker, only 27 years old. good shot and good with his head. 

With him out of form right now, we could potentially get him on the cheap, perfect January signing.

27 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Another one, this time a perfect replacement for Martin and exactly what we are looking for...

Štěpán Kacafírek from FK Příbram, out of form right now, but looks like a great player, big strong ST who is good with his feet, his way of play reminds me of a younger Stevie Howard...could he be our next one?

Pros: can play with his back to goal, links up play well, strong and stands at a promising 6ft 4.7. used to playing as a lone striker, only 27 years old. good shot and good with his head. 

With him out of form right now, we could potentially get him on the cheap, perfect January signing.

If we can get him for under £1m then It's worth the gamble.

22 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Nice to see the Czech Agents have found the forum... ;-)

Much rather see Lowe continue his development ( Plus we have Olsson / Fozzy / Stabana waiting in the wings)

And ill pass on the 27 year old Czech lower league, well travelled, journeyman as well

Ahoj ;)

I do understand your concern on the "journeyman" but if he will not cost much, and he can do the job we require of him then why not get him? we don't have to pay 10m for Rhodes or any stupid fee for them to be exactly what we need...

If we can somehow spend 2.5m on Nick Blackman then why the hell not take a chance on this guy.....

This is how we may just find our own Vardy ;)....

As for the leftback position, I just don't rate Olsson...he doesn't excel at anything in particular and I think he is a liability. Fozzy, I like him but I am worried he will never be as good as he was, now he has had a second injury in quick succession. Fair point with Lowe, I would also like to see him continue his development, he looks promising and I wouldn't want to stop his development, he will only get better.

The next game I go to I will try to find us an effective CDM to be Thorne's backup/replacement ;), but this may be a while ;)....

10 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

agree 50% mate..

Drop barton, and change wells for assombalonga... just one man's thoughts :whistle:

In my defence, I only put Wells in there because people always bang on about how Assombalonga has just signed a new contract so I don't bother putting him in there anymore.

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

In my defence, I only put Wells in there because people always bang on about how Assombalonga has just signed a new contract so I don't bother putting him in there anymore.

i dont think he signed it did he?? He was offered but i dont think he signed it

40 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

i dont think he signed it did he?? He was offered but i dont think he signed it

33 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

He definitely signed it. 99% confident with that. 

He signed it according to Nottingham Post.

http://m.nottinghampost.com/britt-assombalonga-signs-new-five-year-deal-at-nottingham-forest/story-29679923-detail/story.html