International Rams

Carl Sagan

53 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Every bloody thread.

You're boring. It's a joke that stopped being funny back when you thought Luc Castaignos was the next Steve Bloomer. 

Any chance of clicking on a thread and not read about you obsess with Chris Martin. Did he nail your missus?

Martin's got a massive c*** hurrah hurrah

He wraps his c*** around his leg

He sh*gs Nino’s Mrs 'til she's dead

Chrissie Martin, Derby's number 9

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Oh dear oh dear. Is the level the forum has descended to?

4 hours ago, philmycock said:

Careful, that’s racist, apparently. 

Meanwhile, back on topic...

As most will know by now, Ledley and Lawrence played the full game for Wales at home to Ireland who had Keogh on the bench (with Christie and Hendrick playing the full game). Jeff set up the only goal meaning it's the Republic who go through to a two-legged World Cup playoff and Wales miss out. With Scotland also having finished third in their group and failed to reach the playoffs, there aren't going to be many Rams off to Russia next summer.

At least a we'll be able to take vicarious pleasure in a veritable flock of recent Rams (Lingard, Keane, Butland and maybe yet Hughes and Ince) representing us, albeit failing to get out of their qualifying group.

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

As most will know by now, Ledley and Lawrence played the full game for Wales at home to Ireland who had Keogh on the bench (with Christie and Hendrick playing the full game). Jeff set up the only goal meaning it's the Republic who go through to a two-legged World Cup playoff and Wales miss out. With Scotland also having finished third in their group and failed to reach the playoffs, there aren't going to be many Rams off to Russia next summer.

At least a we'll be able to take vicarious pleasure in a veritable flock of recent Rams (Lingard, Keane, Butland and maybe yet Hughes and Ince) representing us, albeit failing to get out of their qualifying group.

Please take note Mr Sagan, Sir, that I have never been one to have  recourse to taking vicarious* pleasure. I only ever take proper pleasure. So please excuse me from the "we" in your last sentence. Thank you. :mellow:

vicarious*

vɪˈkɛːrɪəs,vʌɪˈkɛːrɪəs/

adjective

1.experienced in the imagination through the feelings or actions of another person.

"this catalogue brings vicarious pleasure in luxury living"

synonyms:indirect, second-hand, secondary, derivative, derived, at one remove, surrogate, substitute, substituted, by proxy; More

2.acting or done for another.

"a vicarious atonement"

25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I have never taken my pleasure with a vicar.  :blink:

On 8/29/2016 at 02:20, Carl Sagan said:

It's the international break and in many ways we could do with everyone on the training ground at Moor Farm for the next fortnight, sorting things out. But we should also celebrate just how many international Rams there are in the squad and hope that trips away with their respective countries will bring them back with smiles on their faces. Chris Baird may have retired from international fooball to focus on his Derby career, but off on international duty we have:

Republic of Ireland Oman (friendly, 31/08); Serbia (World Cup Qualifier, 05/09)

• Cyrus Christie
  • Jeff Hendrick
  • Richard Keogh
  • Alex Pearce

Scotland Malta (WCQ, 04/09)

• Chris Martin

Czech Republic Armenia (friendly, 31/08); Northern Ireland (WCQ, 04/09)

• Matej Vydra

England U21 Norway (UEFA European U21 Championship, 06/09)

• Will Hughes

England U20 Brazil (friendly, 04/09)

• Max Lowe

That's eight from the squad. No Scottish call-ups this time for Bryson or Russell (nor sadly Fozzy). James Wilson will hopefully soon play himself back into the England U21s but wasn't selected this time. I think the Slovenian U21s are playing the Republic of Ireland in a Euro Qualifier on 02/09 but I can't find anything that says Timi Max Elsnick has made the step up from the Slovenian U19 team. And, sadly, the new England manger has failed to reccall Scott Carson or Darren Bent :)

Have I missed anyone?

Jeff's been the best of the bunch, but no surprise there. Shame he had to leave DCFC, but pleased to see him establishing himself as at PL and international level. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived