International Rams

Carl Sagan

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
22 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Chris Martin, on as an 82nd minute sub (to Scottish boos to make him feel right at home) scores a vital 88th minute winner against Slovenia to keep the Scots' World Cup hopes alive. One-nil win.

Why do Scottish fans boo chris Martin? Maybe it's because he's English. Or because he hasn't scored many goals for Scotland... Hardly surprising given how **** the service to him is. 

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Why do Scottish fans boo chris Martin? Maybe it's because he's English. Or because he hasn't scored many goals for Scotland... Hardly surprising given how **** the service to him is. 

its to prepare him for when he comes back to derby

26 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

He's half Scottish, half English, with his dad from Glasgow. He doesn't play for them under a grandparent rule. But until last night his goals had come against football giants Malta (who Gareth Southgate's England somehow beat 2-0 at home to raise the clamour for Southgate to be appointed) and Gibralter. His latest goal did matter (even) more. Hope it's a great springboard for him.

48 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Itz a combo of Chris' poor showings for them and Strachan ... 

Plus they do support Scotland too :D

14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

He's half Scottish, half English, with his dad from Glasgow. He doesn't play for them under a grandparent rule. But until last night his goals had come against football giants Malta (who Gareth Southgate's England somehow beat 2-0 at home to raise the clamour for Southgate to be appointed) and Gibralter. His latest goal did matter (even) more. Hope it's a great springboard for him.

He's more Scottish than Kris Commons......

I could play for Scotland (birth) or England (parents, accent) but neither called on my services, and I announced my international retirement in 2002 after not being called up for England's Japan/Korea world cup squad. Which means I'm the same as Andy Cole really. 

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He's more Scottish than Kris Commons......

I could play for Scotland (birth) or England (parents, accent) but neither called on my services, and I announced my international retirement in 2002 after not being called up for England's Japan/Korea world cup squad. Which means I'm the same as Andy Cole really. 

I'm eligible for England or Wales and, until quite recently (2014), had scored as many goals in World Cup Finals as Wayne Rooney, though after Brazil he inched ahead of me by one. Still hoping to catch up and overtake him.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Well it's still 3 goals in 12 games...often  as sub. Not a bad strike rate in a struggling team. 

23 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Great to see jamie ward scoring the winner for n Ireland too.....honorary ram forever.

(And we still miss him i.m.o!)

I really liked Wardy. He had nuisance written all over him and in just about every game that is what he was to the oposition.

not a great player but a good one more often than not. There were some grey days under Nigel but Wardy was always a bright spark. 

PistoldPete2
8 hours ago, jono said:

I really liked Wardy. He had nuisance written all over him and in just about every game that is what he was to the oposition.

not a great player but a good one more often than not. There were some grey days under Nigel but Wardy was always a bright spark. 

But he's a Red Dog now.

Christie and Pearce played the full 90 as ROI lost 1-0 to Iceland. Looks like the 2 almost combined to get a late equaliser.

CHANCE! Christie launches a long throw into the box which is won by Pearce, but it's flicked straight at Kristinsson - his first save.

Archived