James Wilson

Cam the Ram

some people's reaction to this news shows just how little they appreciate real talent, it beggars belief that somebody threw out a "Connor Sammon/effort" comparison. Jesus. 

He's a top, top player and was excellent for Brighton last season. I'd have him ahead of Bent every day of the week.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's got potential, but he wasn't outstanding last year in any way. If we sign him, I'll get behind the lad, but I won't cry if we don't.

beggars belief mike93rh that you read it wrong. I was saying it might be a good thing getting wilson but would like to see a permanent addition to maybe nakhi wells but we will more than likely get wilson on loan and connor sammon back nothing against wilson he might turn out to be what we need .

3 minutes ago, cymru said:

if this is the best we can get god help us

That really is the type of silly comment that people made when we picked up Ibe and Lingard on loan a couple of seasons back.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Quantity > Quality again it seems 

5 goals for a striker in a top six side is hardly impressive, wasn't he on the bench for the tail end of last season too? 

Funny how people are happy to manipulate stats to try and validate their opinion. To score those 5 goals he played the equivalent in minutes of 13 matches - not brilliant but a long way from being as poor as some are suggesting

37 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

some people's reaction to this news shows just how little they appreciate real talent, it beggars belief that somebody threw out a "Connor Sammon/effort" comparison. Jesus. 

He's a top, top player and was excellent for Brighton last season. I'd have him ahead of Bent every day of the week.

Top player? Excellent for Brighton? Think the jury is still out on that one.....

28 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Funny how people are happy to manipulate stats to try and validate their opinion. To score those 5 goals he played the equivalent in minutes of 13 matches - not brilliant but a long way from being as poor as some are suggesting

Ask yourself why he didn't get more minutes then perhaps ? 

Funny how 'he only scored 5 goals', he 'was on the bench for the final end of the season'.

I am sure he scored 2 of those goals against us and I remember he was the one who scored the last second equaliser.

He reminded me of a raw version of Bamford, you can tell he has got it, he just needs to apply it consistently.

Id have him.

7 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Ask yourself why he didn't get more minutes then perhaps ? 

Injury was a major factor. He's not a player I necessarily want to come to Derby but there's too many posters quick to criticise without having a sound basis for that criticism.

So using your argument you must reckon Razza's crap since 2 Derby managers hardly played him last season?

Didn't brighton play with 1 striker for the majority of the season - Hemed? A very different style of striker to Wilson.

Either way the general consensus is this lad will score goals hence his new 4 year deal at United. I believe he broke all goal scoring records at youth level for them,  hardly a bad notch to have on your belt considering the talent they have had available to them over the years. 

My only concern would be the need to play 2 up front, which would mean a change to the formation and probably losing ince to the left in order to accommodate him.  I wouldn't be too convinced about ince on the left of a 4 in midfield but id gladly be proved wrong. I suppose with 2 central players willing to 'sit in' a little more it would work though.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

That really is the type of silly comment that people made when we picked up Ibe and Lingard on loan a couple of seasons back.

Yes Eddie .. 100% agree. .. I wouldn't want a team built on loan players but youngsters from top clubs who have had the right grounding and more importantly have a sense of expectation and belief. I really loved it when Jordan Ibe was here. Yeah he ran in to traffic and didn't always do the final,pass but he scared the bllx off the opposition and that opened other doors 

9 minutes ago, mike93rh said:

Last September Man Utd tied him down for another 4 years, I think they'll know better than yourself. 

He wasn't prolific at Brighton and signing a 4 year deal with Manure proves nothing in terms of what he might do for us..as I said, the jury's out.

Archived