Chris Martin - Signed for Fulham

Animal is a Ram

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

That's weird, I found this video of Martin scoring 63 goals and assisting others. There's headers, beating his man for pace, close control, pulling defenders out of position, through balls to others to create chances, out muscling defenders, and 63 goals for Derby County! I mean defenders must look at this video and go 'easy', right? It must be inaccurate in some way

Warning: Minimal dropping off a centre half and just passing back. Be prepared for corking goals.

Fantastic. Best bit is the last few minutes, where it really shows how good his linkup play is, no other striker in the league and very few midfielders link up and hold up play like him. Also an amazing stat that our win rate drops from 50 to 20 percent without him.

amazing to think also that if he does leave (and I hope to god he doesn't) that he'll never have won a player of the year award at derby. Still adamant he should have won it in 13/14.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

That's weird, I found this video of Martin scoring 63 goals and assisting others. There's headers, beating his man for pace, close control, pulling defenders out of position, through balls to others to create chances, out muscling defenders, and 63 goals for Derby County! I mean defenders must look at this video and go 'easy', right? It must be inaccurate in some way

Warning: Minimal dropping off a centre half and just passing back. Be prepared for corking goals.

I'm trying to brace myself for the possibility of him leaving. Making sure I'll be OK if it happens, letting out relief when the window closes if he's still here.

This video did not help.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Just saw a stat on twitter that he has only scored 7 goals in his last 38 games. I know he had a dry spell but I never knew his scoring record recently was that bad.

He has 6 in last 19 games (including cup and playoffs) - he scored those 6 within the space of 9 games.

So he's currently on 10 appearances without a goal. 

Before those 9 games, he went 12 appearances without a goal. 

Had to just go and watch a video of Ince and Bent's link-up play when they were on-loan with us, to counter all the reminders of how good Martin is.

14 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Regular poster on COYR seems to think that Wolves have come back with an offer of around 8.5 M and we will accept.

Someone in the know? Doubt we would accept that... stupid if we do.... add 2-3m and its all upfront and we talking then MAYBE

Ridiculous headline in the DET saying Rams fans want to sell Martin to Wolves, not realizing it's the Wolves fans who have manipulated their online poll!

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/chris-martin-poll-result-derby-county-fans-would-consider-selling-wolves-target/story-29613500-detail/story.html

Just as the Scottish fans got the White Horse Bridge thing through at Wembley and everyone voted for someone to have a pink away kit a couple of years ago.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ridiculous headline in the DET saying Rams fans want to sell Martin to Wolves, not realizing it's the Wolves fans who have manipulated their online poll!

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/chris-martin-poll-result-derby-county-fans-would-consider-selling-wolves-target/story-29613500-detail/story.html

Just as the Scottish fans got the White Horse Bridge thing through at Wembley and everyone voted for someone to have a pink away kit a couple of years ago.

I voted for the pink kit - Millwall being daft and not restricting the voting to their own fans - nearly as daft as Derby city council (or more specifically Lucy Care) inviting web votes to name part of the inner-ring road - hence Lara Croft Way....

40 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The poll in its self is bull ****, "Do you think Derby should sell for the right price?" Every player should be sold for the right price ffs

I like Pearson.

I was very happy for all of you when he got the managers job 'cos I was convinced HE'D be the man to take Derby up. The squad is plenty good enough, just the last manager was a clown.

If Nigel Pearson sanctions the selling of Chris Martin, I'll change my mind about him. It'll show he's not the judge of quality, impact and importance of a player to a team that I thought he was.

Martin has shown for the last 3 years that he was good enough to have the team and style of play built around him, he still is.

This ******** about him being a luxury player is exactly that. ********, The lad is pure class.

You simply cannot sell him. Why would you?

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Had to just go and watch a video of Ince and Bent's link-up play when they were on-loan with us, to counter all the reminders of how good Martin is.

I suggest you look at the results. 

2 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I like Pearson.

I was very happy for all of you when he got the managers job 'cos I was convinced HE'D be the man to take Derby up. The squad is plenty good enough, just the last manager was a clown.

If Nigel Pearson sanctions the selling of Chris Martin, I'll change my mind about him. It'll show he's not the judge of quality, impact and importance of a player to a team that I thought he was.

Martin has shown for the last 3 years that he was good enough to have the team and style of play built around him, he still is.

This ******** about him being a luxury player is exactly that. ********, The lad is pure class.

You simply cannot sell him. Why would you?

I assume you mean 2nd to last manager!

Archived