Chris Martin - Signed for Fulham

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because the style of play's not worked

Sorry   -  been out.  This relates to something pages back  ie,   why would you sell a player who was good enough to build a style of play round

I'll get my coat..........................

I think Martin is capable of playing in a front 2 but would benefit more with someone fasr running off him like Weimann/Russell/Blackman or Wells/Kodjia. He has said before his ideal strike partner would be Wells. 

At present the 442 / 4411 doesnt suit him because in the 442 like Tuesday, Bent doesnt have the pace any more to play off him and in the 4411 he likes to drop deep into the space that Ince is already in plus nobody runs beyond him, Bryson used to but cant as much in a 2 man midfield.

Pearsons 442 normally consist of someone as a target man and some one fast. His target men have been Okazaki, Ulloa, Wood, Taylor-Fletcher, Kane, Stevie Howard ...fast players have been Vardy, Phillips, Waghorn, Dickov, Fryatt, DJ Campbell - probably some ive missed off but my point is that Martin can easily fill the big man/target man role in Pearsons 442 with the right player alongside him

1 hour ago, Lord_Ram said:

It's ironic that people want us to sell Martin with one of the reasons being he spends too much time on the floor but would like to see us sign foristieri, who spends even more time on the floor 

your view is flawed....

2 hours ago, t'oldu said:

Because the style of play's not worked

Sorry   -  been out.  This relates to something pages back  ie,   why would you sell a player who was good enough to build a style of play round

I'll get my coat..........................

The style of play has worked when we've had the personnel available to make it work.

Can we sell our fake  plastic trees fans and fake plastic trees DET people instead coz Chris Martin is the real deal and I for one was not surprised last season when he scored a very good goal and he celebrated by telling all you fake plastic trees fans to #### off!

One day you might all wake up and realise why you are not playing up front for the wonderful Derby County Football Club.....then again!

2cd3qw.jpg

17 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

I will be amazed if Chris Martin does not start today. Bent has not done anything in 1st 2 games and mis-kicked the ball more times than controlled it against Grimsby.

As well as trying to set a world record for how may times one player can be offside in a game

Will always remember being sat at wembley when england played switzerland and someone had a shot that was parried and fell to bents feet.... open goal 6 yards out.... side footed it over the bar and 10 rows back in the stand.... wondered why anyone would pay stupid money for him.... and he ends up here 

11 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Will always remember being sat at wembley when england played switzerland and someone had a shot that was parried and fell to bents feet.... open goal 6 yards out.... side footed it over the bar and 10 rows back in the stand.... wondered why anyone would pay stupid money for him.... and he ends up here 

I'm going to hazard a guess that a 1 in 3 strike ratio over a 14 year period may be a factor?

1 hour ago, satty atwal said:

yes thats why he has scored over 200 league goals mainly in the top flight and hasnt had a run in any team in the last 4 years at least face the facts and give the man the respect he deserves i am also a martin admirer but at present time bent has the edge for me but i dont like people disrespecting a man who has such a proven record and probably has best record goals scored against hours played for our beloved derby county no oe in our present side will ever come close to matching his achievements so face the fcts and give the man the credit he deserves

Just now, barnsley ram said:

yes thats why he has scored over 200 league goals mainly in the top flight and hasnt had a run in any team in the last 4 years at least face the facts and give the man the respect he deserves i am also a martin admirer but at present time bent has the edge for me but i dont like people disrespecting a man who has such a proven record and probably has best record goals scored against hours played for our beloved derby county no oe in our present side will ever come close to matching his achievements so face the fcts and give the man the credit he deserves

I find this post very strange. So he has scored so many goals in his career yes granted.... but do you think he wilp surpass what martin has done for us now at his age?

Archived