Chris Martin - Signed for Fulham

Animal is a Ram

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

Almost Everything is inaccurate here. First Martin can't run and he can't jump so how is he hard to defend? He can drop off the centre half and drop a pass back. Hard to defend like that ? He has zero intimidation factor even though Owen Bradley once saw fit to compare him to Diego Costa! Second if you haven't been paying attention (and I'm not a Bent fan) but bent is lightning fast ... I would actually venture a guess that he's the fastest player on the team. Ask the coaching staff how fast he is. He's also the best leaper after Keogh. So he beats defenders with both pace and jumping, and can lay the ball off with head or feet. Problem there is that Ince is half asleep most of the time. 

The only truth contained herein is the fact that he's offside so much and it's because he saunters back far too much after we lose possession, and he mistimes runs a lot where he's level with their back line. 

That's weird, I found this video of Martin scoring 63 goals and assisting others. There's headers, beating his man for pace, close control, pulling defenders out of position, through balls to others to create chances, out muscling defenders, and 63 goals for Derby County! I mean defenders must look at this video and go 'easy', right? It must be inaccurate in some way

Warning: Minimal dropping off a centre half and just passing back. Be prepared for corking goals.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

That's weird, I found this video of Martin scoring 63 goals and assisting others. There's headers, beating his man for pace, close control, pulling defenders out of position, through balls to others to create chances, out muscling defenders, and 63 goals for Derby County! I mean defenders must look at this video and go 'easy', right? It must be inaccurate in some way

Warning: Minimal dropping off a centre half and just passing back. Be prepared for corking goals.

Good point well made. 

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

Almost Everything is inaccurate here. First Martin can't run and he can't jump so how is he hard to defend? He can drop off the centre half and drop a pass back. Hard to defend like that ? He has zero intimidation factor even though Owen Bradley once saw fit to compare him to Diego Costa! Second if you haven't been paying attention (and I'm not a Bent fan) but bent is lightning fast ... I would actually venture a guess that he's the fastest player on the team. Ask the coaching staff how fast he is. He's also the best leaper after Keogh. So he beats defenders with both pace and jumping, and can lay the ball off with head or feet. Problem there is that Ince is half asleep most of the time. 

The only truth contained herein is the fact that he's offside so much and it's because he saunters back far too much after we lose possession, and he mistimes runs a lot where he's level with their back line. 

YES! Ninos and his irrational hatred of Martin is back! :D

So you don't like Ince, Bent or Martin... Are you SURE you're a Derby fan?

He's worth 10m imo and wouldn't sell for a penny less. I find it amazing that Derby fans boo him... Oh hang on.. It's not amazing it's the norm for us to boo 20 goal a season strikers, he didn't chase down that no hope on Tuesday night so boo the lazy c...

3 hours ago, Dava75 said:

Hi, first time posting although read this forum for years. So what better place to start than with a first post on what seems to be an opinion splitting thread (am I brave or stupid!!).

IMO, Chris Martin has a very good football brain, great ability in his feet and can finish well, but as we all know, is not blessed with pace. Considering he is our most prolific striker for years, why doesn’t he get the same level of adoration as some of our former front men (my own favourites in this department are Bobby Davison and Dean Saunders)? Is it because he is slow? If so, why was Steve Howard so popular. For me, it’s because of the disproportional amount of time he spends going to ground and also the outward frustration he shows with his team mates in games. That’s not to say I don’t like CM, it’s  just that as much as I get a buzz from his flicks, free kicks and goals – I get frustrated by that other side to his game. 

I’ve loved watching the beautiful passing game these last few years but it seems we’ve become a bit like the Arsenal of the Championship, easy on the eye but ultimately falling short. As a poster has already said, NP’s Leicester team weren’t dull to watch and ruthlessly destroyed our beautiful game. If he believes that he can progress Derby towards a more successful and ruthless era without the attributes CM offers, then so be it. One book closes, another opens!!

Apologies for the book like length of my first post…….COYR

You have no place here with this level of understanding and intellect. Be away with you.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You have no place here with this level of understanding and intellect. Be away with you.

It's alright, like anyone else who had it they'll do away with it soon enough. 

8 minutes ago, randombc said:

Rumours making the rounds on Twitter that Wolves are set to submit a second bid. Derby willing to sell for £8 million.

It's like Pearson is going out of his way to make me hate him as soon as possible... At least the poison dwarf did it over time...

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

thank you very much. I mean it. You've created the spark that has just reignited my love for Chris Martin and more importantly, my excitement for Derby County. I'm looking forward to tomorrow now.

Whatever happened to @DerbyGoals ?

They dried up last Christmas

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Just saw a stat on twitter that he has only scored 7 goals in his last 38 games. I know he had a dry spell but I never knew his scoring record recently was that bad.

in a perverse way, that just means his scoring record before that spell was even more amazing! We should strive to reigniting his form of then.

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

in a perverse way, that just means his scoring record before that spell was even more amazing! We should strive to reigniting his form of then.

I think the issue with Martin and this also applies to a number of other Derby players, especially Russell, is that they play very well for a 6 or 7 game spell then their form drops and by quite a bit. The play offs summed up our last season for me, crap in one game then very good in another game,Pearson needs to make the team and individuals play consistently well. Rather than players having an 8/10 for 6 games running then dropping to a 3 for the next 6 games , Pearson needs to get them playing consistently at least a 6/10. That's the key to get promotion in this league,more consistency.

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Just saw a stat on twitter that he has only scored 7 goals in his last 38 games. I know he had a dry spell but I never knew his scoring record recently was that bad.

Probably because the ball was only passed to him about 7 times last season

Archived