• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The Championship is dark dark place.

No, not the Championship. I meant Birmingham

Oi

EDIT:

Anyone surprised that RACIST Alpha, who was against Tom Ince from the start, has a problem with Birmingham being a "DARK, DARK" place?

Cant believe we still have these attitudes in current year.

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Mccormack went for 12m and be was the most prolific striker in the league in the last 3 years

Rhodes was the next most prolific abd he went for 9m

Martin was 3rd in the list and would therefore be worth 8m-ish considering age and assists this could push towards 9-10m to the right buyer in this crazy market

I like Martin,  but id sell for 9m (no less than 8m anyway)

I think if MccOrmack at his age is worth £12 million then so is Martin.

It seems to me that you play the system that best suits your players, not play the best players that suit your system. All I'm going to say is that if we are left with Bent as first choice striker we'll be lucky to reach midtable, let alone the playoffs. Playing with Bent is like playing with ten men and frankly his finishing these days isn't good enough to justify his selection, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

It seems to me that you play the system that best suits your players, not play the best players that suit your system. All I'm going to say is that if we are left with Bent as first choice striker we'll be lucky to reach midtable, let alone the playoffs. Playing with Bent is like playing with ten men and frankly his finishing these days isn't good enough to justify his selection, in my opinion.

Agree. It's like we're picking Bent for some kind of testimonial year. He has all the instincts and positioning but none of the pace or agility.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Agree. It's like we're picking Bent for some kind of testimonial year. He has all the instincts and positioning but none of the pace or agility.

The same as Martin ?....except Martin has a resale value that could be re-invested in somebody who doesn't fall over as much.

Just now, Bound 2 tease said:

The same as Martin ?....except Martin has a resale value that could be re-invested in somebody who doesn't fall over as much.

Difference is Martin actually offers things in open play like passing and hold-up play. Bent doesn't.

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Difference is Martin actually offers things in open play like passing and hold-up play. Bent doesn't.

Used to hold up play , now falls over...Foul given against him, .....opposition regain possession .... repeat time and time again.

I love Crissie to bit's, but imo he is one dimensional...and easy to defend against 

Just now, Bound 2 tease said:

Used to hold up play , now falls over...Foul given against him, .....opposition regain possession .... repeat time and time again.

I love Crissie to bit's, but imo he is one dimensional...and easy to defend against 

What are you basing that on? Chris Martin has been one of the most fouled players in the league over the past 3 seasons and thats without all of the free kicks he should have had.

I bet that if you were to ask every championship defender that they would all say that Bent is easier to defend against. Martin drops deep meaning defenders get caught in two minds about whether to follow him or pass him on.

Bent meanwhile is caught offside time and time again, having realised that he isn't quick enough to time his runs later. Plus the some total of Bent's contribution to play is to jump under the ball time and time again. I think man must have shrunk during the last couple of seasons because nothing else explains his insistance of jumping under the ball.

I love Martin for what he has done for Derby over the years but unfortuantly i think his time is up as i dont think he will fit Pearsons plans. I would like to see a good replacement in the door before we even consider selling him & when we do sell him we should be asking 10+ million. 

2 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

So many new members appeared on this thread down as rams.... are you yam yams in disguise? :ph34r:

How very dare you accuse me of being a yam yam :blink: i can assure you i do not have any sexual relations with any family memebers. Hope that proves i am no yam yam :D

Martin has been excellent for us over the years! I remember the 13/14 season and us finally having a striker who netted 20! 

intensity is key in modern football and there is no way we can play high tempo with a striker who drops deep into midfield. I think Pearson wants away from the possession, slow build up style we have evolved over the years.

A few tweaks are needed and I would suggest selling Martin and Hendrick and getting in wells and foristieri if possible! 

16 minutes ago, CreweRam said:

How very dare you accuse me of being a yam yam :blink: i can assure you i do not have any sexual relations with any family memebers. Hope that proves i am no yam yam :D

Ouch! Yes u qualify.... welcome on board to the pun infested.... everyone is a tactical genius.... all should be derby manager juggernaut creweRam

6 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Ouch! Yes u qualify.... welcome on board to the pun infested.... everyone is a tactical genius.... all should be derby manager juggernaut creweRam

Hahaha i have spent hours just going through everyones opinions/jokes & its great! Seems to be alot of knowledgeable people on here to be fair rather than the muppets you usualy see on twitter/facebook. Good to be here mate :D

Archived