Chris Martin - Signed for Fulham

Animal is a Ram

4 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

Make it £8 million and he can go. Been found out. Need something different. 

I can't see what he's been found out about. Other than the fact that he can score goals at this level and provide assists.

I would like something different as well as Matin, not instead of.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not heard anything. Only that a CB and ST are the first two priorities, and then a RB. Not heard anything in terms of names. It seems Derby have done a good job in keeping info inside the club this time around.

Backup CB or replacement for the Shack? Can't imagine after making him captain, saying many nice things in the media about him and giving him a new contract we'll be getting rid of Keogh?

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Backup CB or replacement for the Shack? Can't imagine after making him captain, saying many nice things in the media about him and giving him a new contract we'll be getting rid of Keogh?

Yes, interesting. I'm surprised with Keogh, Shacks, Pearce (who played well pre season and on Tues) and Rawson, who looks very capable, we'd be looking for another back up unless someone was on their way.

2 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

Been found out? In what way has he been found out? The same way any player has been found out after it became blindingly obvious what their strengths and weaknesses are?

Or are you saying the opposition now know how to deal with Martin?

He scored 22 and assisted 8 in McClaren's first season (47 starts), and scored 15 and assisted 10 last season (44 starts).

Considering McClaren's team was an ayttacking, freescoring side whereas for the most part last season we played a defensive 433 which often limited Martin, I'd say the whopping 5 goal difference suggests he hasn't been found out at all.

If anything last season the opposition did a poor job in stopping a player who for large spells was the only within 30 metres of the opposing goal. 

Mccormack went for 12m and be was the most prolific striker in the league in the last 3 years

Rhodes was the next most prolific abd he went for 9m

Martin was 3rd in the list and would therefore be worth 8m-ish considering age and assists this could push towards 9-10m to the right buyer in this crazy market

I like Martin,  but id sell for 9m (no less than 8m anyway)

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Been found out? In what way has he been found out? The same way any player has been found out after it became blindingly obvious what their strengths and weaknesses are?

Don't engage this guy... It's for the best...

2 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Yes, interesting. I'm surprised with Keogh, Shacks, Pearce (who played well pre season and on Tues) and Rawson, who looks very capable, we'd be looking for another back up unless someone was on their way.

Shacks back to burnley. Hes been dipping johnsons missus (hence the poor form, his new baby popped out and giving it the post rotherham verbal) and its him who burnley are smashing their transfer record for. 

I made that up. Its entiy untrue. Or, as we like to say #ITK def happenig at 13.14 on Wednesday. 

18 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

You were such an utter prat over Keogh, so is this 'double or quits'?

17 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

I don't get how people can say stuff like this. He was used totally incorrectly last season and still directly contributed to 27 goals… and if you were going to replace him, rather than singing somebody totally different, why not somebody better? Martin but taller or Martin but who can go in behind. That's how you improve… not by changing, by signing better. 

2 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

We must be the only fans in the world that would happily move on their most prolific striker for the past god knows how many years! 

He at least deserves a proper go at 4-4-2!

Baffled :blink:

Gone are the days of wanting a 20 goal a season striker, these days we just seem to want someone who can run fast. 

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

I don't get how people can say stuff like this. He was used totally incorrectly last season and still directly contributed to 27 goals… and if you were going to replace him, rather than singing somebody totally different, why not somebody better? Martin but taller or Martin but who can go in behind. That's how you improve… not by changing, by signing better. 

Cannable. don't go for a trip down No Hope Valley, it's a dead end. 

433 is NOT going to be our system..........................end of.......................move on.

Coldplay will prefer to move than sit on the bench.

Club have turned down the first offer. Wolves will return. Its called negotiating,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If we're left with bent as either 1st or second choice striker this season il be very disappointed, the header he missed on Tuesday was one of the worst misses I've seen in a long time and it's exactly the type of chance you'd expect him to put away. Past it IMO

Oh and we shouldn't sell Martin at all, we're going to need 3 or 4 quality strikers to get out of this league, we've currently got 1.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Gone are the days of wanting a 20 goal a season striker, these days we just seem to want someone who can run fast. 

Theo's available

1 hour ago, Derbyram1 said:

Bent's Premier league record from 3-4 years ago means nothing now, he is nothing like at that level anymore.

Fine. Look at his goals per starts ratio in last 2 years then. Same point stands

Gobsmacked that people want Martin sold, where can you get a proven 20 goal a season striker who plays in our goal scoring midfielders as well as one of the best defensive headers we have, well wolves know where one is he is currently at Derby County! Now if it was a Premiership club offering him the chance for 10 million good luck to him if he wanted to leave.

i hope we keep him as I believe many types of forwards can play with him and I say again he is proven quality.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Martin doesn't start one game (one game!) and apparently is now out of favour. Wait a few games and he'll definitely be back as our main striker and goal threat. The cream normally rises to the top and he's proven himself three seasons running in the Championship. In the current market should be worth at least £12m. He practically guarantees you 20 goals a season plus myriad assists.

I love my strikers skillful and brave and Martin is both of those. Would be disappointed if he leaves as all our best forward play has revolved around him for many years. Any other Championship club would be lucky to have him. If the management genuinely don't think he's the man, sell for £12m but make sure you replace with higher quality than the names that are being tossed about. Which almost certainly means good scouting overseas.

He's a goner CS. £12m is silly. 8 + would easily do the trick. Didn't play much in pre season didn't start  v Brighton and offered nothing when he came on; made some nice passes v grimsby, but failed completely to link with Bent. He missed one good chance, but he's slow and not exactly a hard worker of Pearson ilk. He's not in competition with bent he's in competition with Ince. 

Plus, the wolves offer is not out of the blue. It's no doubt us dangling him out there. We obviously want more money for him but we may not see him play for us again.  Like Mel, id like to see Zanzala given a chance but looks like Pearson has other ideas.

Archived