Lee Grant - Signed for Stoke

t'oldu

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statistical analysis in The Times today of the contribution of this year's signings.  Grant has 300 points - just 35 behind Pogba (£89 million) and twice the points of either Ibe (£15 million) or Slimani (£29 million). I'm not suggesting he's worth anything like these fees, but I am glad we appear to be holding out for a decent fee. He's a valuable player for Stoke, and what's more Derby hold all the cards and both clubs know it.

BTW... Bamford has 1 point.

1 hour ago, Bessie1 said:

Statistical analysis in The Times today of the contribution of this year's signings.  Grant has 300 points - just 35 behind Pogba (£89 million) and twice the points of either Ibe (£15 million) or Slimani (£29 million). I'm not suggesting he's worth anything like these fees, but I am glad we appear to be holding out for a decent fee. He's a valuable player for Stoke, and what's more Derby hold all the cards and both clubs know it.

BTW... Bamford has 1 point.

1.2 mill I have read. Not sure we hold all the cards when he is out of contract in the summer and could warm the bench and we continue paying his full wage until he leaves for nothing. A sensible compromise seems to have been reached. I thought we would get around 500k for him so fee seems pretty decent to me.....

35 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Fanstatic? Is that a follower who makes hissing noises?  :lol:

Fanstatic

fanˈstatɪk/

adjective

a follower who makes hissing noises.

"fanstatic supporters in the East stand at Pride Park"

synonyms: malcontent; whiner; wimp; bellyacher; complainer; critic; faultfinder; grumbler; sissy; softy; wuss; griper.

a follower who makes no or little movement and is often silent.

"fanstatic supporters in the West stand at Pride Park"

synonyms: calm; equable; serene; composed; {cool, calm, and collected}; placid; untroubled; peaceful; peaceable; tranquil; gentle; mild; phlegmatic; imperturbable; unexcitable.

2 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I overtried, didn't I?

You left two stands out!

For instance -

"fanstatic supporters in the south stand"

Synonyms: cheapskates, non bouncers,non-singing, calling out other stands to give it some, while being quiet as church mice themselves, hostility to the home team etc.

Sounds to me like win-win-win! £1.2m is reasonable for a player not getting a game and is out of contract in 6 months / owes us nothing; Stoke get a decent keeper and Lee has the opportunity to keep playing in the Premier League for a few more months before in all probability warming the bench again

Good luck to Granty. He's been a good keeper for us in his two spells here and i wish him all the best.

He'll more than likely finish the season as Stoke's No1 as Butland is not expected to be ready anytime soon. In fact, Granty will give Stoke time to sort him out rather than rush him back.

I always want Stoke to get relegated but it dunt look feasible so i hope Granty has a great season with them.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Good luck to Granty. He's been a good keeper for us in his two spells here and i wish him all the best.

He'll more than likely finish the season as Stoke's No1 as Butland is not expected to be ready anytime soon. In fact, Granty will give Stoke time to sort him out rather than rush him back.

I always want Stoke to get relegated but it dunt look feasible so i hope Granty has a great season with them.

I agree with all of this except the bit about relegation - I am looking forward to playing them next season. :D

Lot of respect for Lee Grant, did well for us, I always thought he should have been given the shirt and not Camp when they started. A good keeper but Carson is on fire and he will just sit on the bench, better to do that in the Prem for more money.

good move for all, good luck Lee you will always be welcome here,  

They reckon £1.5m plus £750k in add ons on the stoke forum 

good deal for us we'd have been happy to just get him off the wage bill

good luck to grant, seems a nice bloke & at times looks like a world beater then at other times is a complete liability  

tell you what though with butland injured & the form he is in he might stand a chance of getting a call up as third choice england keeper 

Archived