Lee Grant - Signed for Stoke

t'oldu

Don't see the cricism of Granty. A good keeper who, if/when made mistakes, is no different to every other keeper out there. Part of the job. People have got to stop thinking we are an elite side with elite players. In the championship you get championship level players and anybody who thinks Grant isn't a good keeper at this level is delusional.

If he goes in Jan, then good luck to him. A good servant of the club. 

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was always happy with him between the sticks. Good keeper. In many ways I wish we could keep him but you cant blame him. sit on the bench in the Championship or the Prem ... not much of a choice especially at 33. Good luck Lee .. you'll get a cheer from me if you come back on a visit.

13 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Mitchell looks a huge prospect and it's much better to have him shadowing Carson than grant who's not getting any younger, too error prone to be our number one but a good backup for stoke I'm sure- good luck to him

How many errors did he really make? Those two corners conceded in the run in, Wolves away (all of which he was injured and couldn't jump) and Leeds when his punch went askew. 

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Any more? The only other I can think of is against Chelsea in 13/14 and even that's a 'meh, could he have done better?'

Can't think off the top of my head. There was some horrendous kick he did that led to a goal if I remember but I'm not sure if that's one of the mistakes you've already referred  to.

5 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Can't think off the top of my head. There was some horrendous kick he did that led to a goal if I remember but I'm not sure if that's one of the mistakes you've already referred  to.

You mean Millwall away?

Just now, StringerBell said:

I honestly can't remember who it was against without looking it up pal. It might not even have happened :unsure:

It definitely Millwall away when he did miskick the ball which led Millwall took the lead.. I was there madness game lol. 

2 hours ago, cannable said:

How many errors did he really make? Those two corners conceded in the run in, Wolves away (all of which he was injured and couldn't jump) and Leeds when his punch went askew. 

being able to jump doesn't affect being able to catch or punch. Watch the goal again.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29 October 2016 at 00:57, B4ev6is said:

I would be sad to lee grant go but if he goes pearmnealy i hope we hold out for 5m plus for him and put it towards getting new players in.

@KBB this is what Cam is on about in other thread. £5m though lol ?

Archived