Lee Grant - Signed for Stoke

t'oldu

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the benefit to DCFC of a short-term loan? It suggests we are being careful with the pennies (as of course we should be) but it seems an odd one. If Carson's back goes next week then we have Mitchell and teenage Slovakian Ravas battling it out for several months.

Strange one but this is because Butland is injured and had a setback other day that's why. Fair enough. I will miss Granty he's great pro. That save against Brighton in the playoffs was something else ?

On 31 August 2016 at 12:58, B4ev6is said:

I am guessing there is a recall in place in case we need him back.

No such thing as a recall clause any more as I understand it. He's backing Mitchell, and fair play.

41 minutes ago, needles said:

No such thing as a recall clause any more as I understand it. He's backing Mitchell, and fair play.

Needles is right:

Looked it up at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx (It's rule 53)

Generally, the only way any loan can now be recalled is if it's a season-long loan and the recall happens during the transfer window (in January).

Goalkeepers are an exception but only if the club wanting their keeper back has only one professional keeper on their books and the league agrees in writing to the loan due to extenuating circumstances. This could not be true for us.

Granty is due back in January. Roos could be recalled in January. Neither can now play for us before then so we're relying on Carson, Mitchell, Weale and Ravas.

Archived