Cat C Seat - Home v Villa. Sky Game - £39

rammieib

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm a bit confused on the catering side.

On 1 July 2008 DCFC enetered into a 10 year catering contract with Delaware North, so this should expire on 30 June 2018.

However, the other week it was reported that DCFC and Delaware North had formed a strategic alliance (named Club DCFC) to run all of the catering including Starbucks.

Not sure what the financial implications are of this. At the time the deal was rumoured to have been £60m.

Also not sure what changes to expect on matchday catering.

Does anybody have any knowledge of this?

I sincerely doubt it was £60m. That would assume a £6m profit a season, £250k profit a game. Based on 100% margins (cheap food at ridiculous prices) that assumes a turnover per game of £500k which means each punter spending £17-£18. Unlikely.

I actually heard £4 million was the fee but I have no idea on the duration. I know at a fans forum last year, one of the six figure clan suggested they wanted control back of it.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I sincerely doubt it was £60m. That would assume a £6m profit a season, £250k profit a game. Based on 100% margins (cheap food at ridiculous prices) that assumes a turnover per game of £500k which means each punter spending £17-£18. Unlikely.

I actually heard £4 million was the fee but I have no idea on the duration. I know at a fans forum last year, one of the six figure clan suggested they wanted control back of it.

https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/321939/delaware-north-signs-60m-derby-county-fc-dea

It's not just matchday, it is all corporate side of the business too.

4 hours ago, eddie said:

I wouldn't be surprised.

I was 54 when they put the seniors bracket up from 55 to 60, then a couple of years later it went up to 65. As I get closer to retirement age, the seniors threshold seems to be accelerating away from me.

Zenos paradox Eddie. 

Actually,  you will never die according to Zeno.

Take care :thumbsup:

In one fell swoop, we've turned into the kind of club I've always hated.

Maximise the here and now, **** the future.

Saying that, the last walk up ticket I bought was for Wolves at home, £35 for an adult and that was in Clough's final full year in charge.

Still, I did get to sit on the bench, and pick the last substitution.

I've emailed the club about the prices - and I think a lot of you should follow suit, perhaps those at the top might start listening it enough get in personal contact. I had a lengthy conversation with them but seemed to be going round in circles just saying they had to make the prices seem much more attractive for season ticket holders. I understand that completely, but if tickets were at £25, it would still make season tickets around £7 cheaper a game, yet much more affordable than the £36,£38 it looks like I'll have to pay when I can make it to a game. I live over 2 hours away from Derby so can't get to many matches, but prices like that means I probably won't be getting to any at all! 

I know it annoying, but it's one of those things. 

I couldn't warrant getting a season ticket this season as I would miss a lot of the games, therefore I said I would go to games when I'm available. Saying that, if it's going to be 40-odd pound a ticket then I'll just give it a wide berth especially if it's on sky. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I know it annoying, but it's one of those things. 

I couldn't warrant getting a season ticket this season as I would miss a lot of the games, therefore I said I would go to games when I'm available. Saying that, if it's going to be 40-odd pound a ticket then I'll just give it a wide berth especially if it's on sky. 

I'm afraid it's that sort of attitude that has let football get into this state.

Yes we knows it's completely wrong...but we will go ahead with it anyway!

As a season ticket holder I can't really do anything about the home matches but just for example I have point blank refused to watch Derby at the City Ground for at least the last 5 seasons based on the price.

31 minutes ago, Boss said:

I've emailed the club about the prices - and I think a lot of you should follow suit, perhaps those at the top might start listening it enough get in personal contact. I had a lengthy conversation with them but seemed to be going round in circles just saying they had to make the prices seem much more attractive for season ticket holders. I understand that completely, but if tickets were at £25, it would still make season tickets around £7 cheaper a game, yet much more affordable than the £36,£38 it looks like I'll have to pay when I can make it to a game. I live over 2 hours away from Derby so can't get to many matches, but prices like that means I probably won't be getting to any at all! 

Who did you e-mail out of interest.

I am more than happy to follow suit.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

In one fell swoop, we've turned into the kind of club I've always hated.

Maximise the here and now, **** the future.

We've gone from trying to do things the right way, trying to have tickets as cheap as possible (remember that £100 back had we won at Wembley?), trying to find gems that fitted the culture of the club and our philosophy and instead we're turning into QPR MK II.

Our entire Wembley squad cost £4,450,000. That's less than 2/3 of last summers signings. 

We could have been watching one of the best footballing sides in the country, in the Premier League, for about a tenner a game. For whatever reason we've gone the other way and it's £38 for some fans to watch a Championship game that's on SKY.

I was proud of what we were. I'm not proud of this.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm afraid it's that sort of attitude that has let football get into this state.

Yes we knows it's completely wrong...but we will go ahead with it anyway!

As a season ticket holder I can't really do anything about the home matches but just for example I have point blank refused to watch Derby at the City Ground for at least the last 5 seasons based on the price.

I agree, but I'm not going to pay it. If no one else paid it and the ground was empty the prices would soon change. 

It's those that moan and then pay it that are shooting themselves in the foot. 

The demand allows the supply to name their price, unfortunately. Once the demand falls, the prices will fall.

If we were charging £40 a ticket under Clough, we'd have been lucky to get over 20k!  

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I agree, but I'm not going to pay it. If no one else paid it and the ground was empty the prices would soon change. 

It's those that moan and then pay it that are shooting themselves in the foot. 

The demand allows the supply to name their price, unfortunately. Once the demand falls, the prices will fall.

If we were charging £40 a ticket under Clough, we'd have been lucky to get over 20k!  

Totally correct. The problem is the club can charge what they want when we have a fan base that will gladly go on Twitter spouting "20 is plenty", organise a protest because Norwich are charging 36 a ticket....and then go to the game...!??!?.!?? The only way to stop this pricing is to just not go, it's so so simple. 

Dont go. 

And

Cancel your sky subscription.

if enough people do it then we would make a difference  otherwise suck up the prices and get used to them because that's what you have got to look forward to  

9 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Isn't this a jovial, pleasant thread just before the season starts :whistle:

This is the most depressing thing about these prices...the timing. We should have all been getting excited about the new season, but there is this cloud hanging over us.  We know our home crowd aren't exactly great at transmitting positive vibes to the players-this isn't going to make things any better.

Maybe prices should change depending on how good the support is? If everyone gets behind the team vs Villa, it's a tenner off the next match. Although, that's still £29!

Remember when we didn't sell out playoff match vs Hull when tickets were all about 27 quid? Attendence vs Villa will hopefully be poor and prices will be slashed.

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Totally correct. The problem is the club can charge what they want when we have a fan base that will gladly go on Twitter spouting "20 is plenty", organise a protest because Norwich are charging 36 a ticket....and then go to the game...!??!?.!?? The only way to stop this pricing is to just not go, it's so so simple. 

Dont go. 

And

Cancel your sky subscription.

if enough people do it then we would make a difference  otherwise suck up the prices and get used to them because that's what you have got to look forward to  

Interesting reference to Sky.

What do you do when your Sky subscriptions get too high?

Threaten to cancel and move elsewhere.

Lets all tell the ticket office we're off to Forest! ?

7 hours ago, cannable said:

We've gone from trying to do things the right way, trying to have tickets as cheap as possible (remember that £100 back had we won at Wembley?), trying to find gems that fitted the culture of the club and our philosophy and instead we're turning into QPR MK II.

Our entire Wembley squad cost £4,450,000. That's less than 2/3 of last summers signings. 

We could have been watching one of the best footballing sides in the country, in the Premier League, for about a tenner a game. For whatever reason we've gone the other way and it's £38 for some fans to watch a Championship game that's on SKY.

I was proud of what we were. I'm not proud of this.

I said this last season.

What we were on before was a fun adventure and I believe a lot of teams looked at DCFC as a team that did things the right way and believe we deserved promotion.

Now we would be looked upon as a club that bought promotion and rips off fans.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the offer a free season ticket if we got promoted?

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I said this last season.

What we were on before was a fun adventure and I believe a lot of teams looked at DCFC as a team that did things the right way and believe we deserved promotion.

Now we would be looked upon as a club that bought promotion and rips off fans.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the offer a free season ticket if we got promoted?

Think it was 50% of the cost, returned to you. 

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Who did you e-mail out of interest.

I am more than happy to follow suit.

slo@dcfc.co.uk   It is the email for the supporters liasion. Maybe you could send a link of this thread in your email as well to show how many are unhappy mate 

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just so I have my facts right before e-mailing the club, is this the cheapest, most expensive, or average ticket price?

Also am I correct that away supporter ticket prices have to be in line with home supporters?

Cheapest adult ticket for Brighton game is £33 with average of £36. Cheapest for Villa is £36 with average of £38. Away supporters tickets have to match the home ticket prices yes

Archived