Cat C Seat - Home v Villa. Sky Game - £39

rammieib

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Hull home tie - 3,000 away fans and 23,000 (?) holders. 

So just over three thousand Derby fans brought a match ticket for the game. Hardly impressive is it?  Didn't you see how empty it was in north and west stands? The club should be doing their upmost to sell out these games.

You could just as easily said "27k home fans" - after all, the difference is around 8%, which is double the difference between "Remain voter" and "Imbecile voter" in the Brexit vote.

;)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, eddie said:

You could just as easily said "27k home fans" - after all, the difference is around 8%, which is double the difference between "Remain voter" and "Imbecile voter" in the Brexit vote.

;)

yeah love it eddie, when do you retire again?

2 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

yeah love it eddie, when do you retire again?

See the emoticon?

Understand what it means?

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I said this last season.

What we were on before was a fun adventure and I believe a lot of teams looked at DCFC as a team that did things the right way and believe we deserved promotion.

Now we would be looked upon as a club that bought promotion and rips off fans.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the offer a free season ticket if we got promoted?

I'm 99% sure that it was £100 back if we were promoted!

Because I seem to remember a fair few people whacking £100 on QPR to win so that if we lost they got money to soften to blow and if we won they'd not really lost anything.

27 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

no can you explain it for me please, I am not party to these evil decepticons?

I doubt anyone could explain anything to you.

I would have thought that they would have wanted a full house for the first game of the season at least..I know it's a more attractive fixture as they say but it's the first game..

i cannot see that happening now with the way they have priced the tickets..would be interesting to see how many they have sold so far..

2 minutes ago, Makedoh said:

I would have thought that they would have wanted a full house for the first game of the season at least..I know it's a more attractive fixture as they say but it's the first game..

i cannot see that happening now with the way they have priced the tickets..would be interesting to see how many they have sold so far..

I kind of mentioned that in my response to them:-

"Many thanks for taking the time to respond at, what I hope, is a very busy time for you!

Although I take on board what you are saying regarding the quality of the early matches I am a firm believer that families should not be priced out of going to any game, regardless of the quality of the opposition. Once you lose one adult fan through over the top pricing, it is very likely that you have lost them and their kids for good. Also surely making the prices so high early on in the season, when many families will have holidays to pay for, and pricing people out of being able to go is only going to have a detrimental effect on the number of paying customers as the season progresses...just a thought.

I also take on board what you say about season ticket prices but looking at the online forums even the season ticket holders seem very unhappy with the prices, after all many of us would rather sit in a ground full of people that had paid £30 than with 5000 empty seats because the prices were closer to £40.

We all know that revenue optimisation is important for the club but I  hope that the club will take on board the fans reaction to what can only be classed as this vastly over priced ticketing structure...I guess the early season attendances will show what the fans really think!"

Possibly a sweeping generalisation there? 22,000 season ticket holders and only a small number posting on fourms.. smaller number venting their spleen about matchday prices (I imagine most don't care and those that do would be royally pee'd off if people could stroll up on the day and get in for the same price or cheaper than their ticket).  

8 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Possibly a sweeping generalisation there? 22,000 season ticket holders and only a small number posting on fourms.. smaller number venting their spleen about matchday prices (I imagine most don't care and those that do would be royally pee'd off if people could stroll up on the day and get in for the same price or cheaper than their ticket).  

You've took it out of context the bold bit you're referring to..... G STAR is referencing season ticket holders on the forums etc. Not 22000 season ticket holders. 

Every point G STAR makes is valid. 

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Obviously I can only go off what I have seen posted on the forums, hence why I said that as opposed to saying season ticket holders in general, but I think the general consensus is that DCFC have got this horribly wrong.

My season ticket is category B I think and I pay £500. For someone to be getting their ticket cheaper than me for a match it is going to have to be under £21. There is a huge difference between £21 and £38.

I really don't get the need for categorising matches and having different prices. At the end of the day you are getting the same seat and should be there to watch the same team.

23 hours ago, HantsRam said:

It's the price you pay for living far enough away to make travelling for all games  (and hence a season ticket ) is less likely to be feasible. 

Most of my matches are away games in the south and that will continue :thumbsup:

I believe that the season tickets themselves are good value. If current trends continue then I can foresee a point at which it's in my interest to have a season ticket just for the one third of games I expect to attend. So then I'm potentially taking a place someone could make much better use of for two thirds of the season.

Difficult. ....

You could always do a ticket-share with someone, that would make it even cheaper for both of you.

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Obviously I can only go off what I have seen posted on the forums, hence why I said that as opposed to saying season ticket holders in general, but I think the general consensus is that DCFC have got this horribly wrong.

My season ticket is category B I think and I pay £500. For someone to be getting their ticket cheaper than me for a match it is going to have to be under £21. There is a huge difference between £21 and £38.

I really don't get the need for categorising matches and having different prices. At the end of the day you are getting the same seat and should be there to watch the same team.

Season tickets holders deserve the cheapest tickets for their loyalty, but how much do they expect to save?

It's a tricky balance attracting non-season ticket holders but not de-valuing season tickets. 18 quid is hugh difference, but is say 5 enough? Still 100 quid saving.

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

Season tickets holders deserve the cheapest tickets for their loyalty, but how much do they expect to save?

It's a tricky balance attracting non-season ticket holders but not de-valuing season tickets. 18 quid is hugh difference, but is say 5 enough? Still 100 quid saving.

I'll be honest I couldn't give a flying **** about saving money, I am happy knowing that I have got my seat guaranteed for every match, the fact that I have paid up front for that privilege is my own choice.

As long as on the day customers are not getting in any cheaper than the equivalent that I have paid then I really don't care.

It's time to look at recatagorising tickets ,, four categories ,, upper class ,,middle class ,working class. , Jeremy Kyle class,,

cost on a sliding scale and purchasing verified by means testing,,,

That email back...

Wtf are they telling you the pattern of the fixture list for?

It doesn't matter if we play Villa in September or May. £38 is £38 and that's a fooking joke for 2nd division football.

Attractive fixture my arse. At £38? Anyone finding the mighty Villa attractive at that price. I saw them play last season and it reminded me of Barcelona.... no wait, not Barcelona I meant Derby in 2007.

I'm a season ticket holder so i'll be there regardless. But I'll never buy something I feel I'm not getting value for. And £38 for this fixture? lol.

The play off final was worth the money because it's a more than the match. It's a party. Derby v Villa? Ha! 

Same as you @G STAR RAM. I'm not arsed how much others are paying. I pay what I'm happy to pay and it's my seat for a season. That's it. I don't expect anything else but my seat. I appreciate the little discounts but I expect nothing. I'm not going to cry if it turns out the same price to go match by match. I'll either start going match by match or I'll stay as I am. 

**** like this was always going to happen. Because people pay it. Norwich away. People paid the money and then protested. Wtf?!?! You paid money that was optional and then when Norwich have your money and you've seen the game you complain?! Oh I bet Norwich took a major blow that day... 

And it's at games like Norwich where you began telling clubs that £38 was a fair price. Maybe it is for some people and that's cool. Everyone's definition of value is different. 

But those that said "the players need us but the price is high so we're going to pay it and protest.." 

That's the attitude that will have you paying £38. Then 40. Then 42. Then 45. etc etc. 

We all wanted to support Derby at Norwich. But we also want to support Derby at Rotherham, Leeds, Burton, Blackburn... and if these priced tickets sell well then obviously it's going to become more common and then supporting Derby will be out of touch for more people.

Well played G STAR. But the reply is garbage. Total rubbish. Politician answers to questions you didn't ask.

Personally I will not pay above £35 for any regular Champ game. I won't pay above £30 for any regular game that isn't Forest away (because again it's fun besides the 90 mins)

My season ticket is a fair price tbh. Low 20's for each home game. 

Aston Villa. Aston fooking Villa!! Who gives a ****?

Archived