Cat C Seat - Home v Villa. Sky Game - £39

rammieib

Sky and BT have corrupted football.

Premier League clubs are getting richer.

The rest try and keep up.

The average fan gets priced out of attending matches.

More and more fans stick to watching games on Sky,the circle is complete.

I obviously want Derby to be successful but if/when they go up you will see the business side to Mel more than the fan as he will want the club to stay up.... at least we would play at 15pm on Saturdays mostly.

I personally find it harder and harder to stay in love with the 'beautiful game'.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Seth's left foot said:

Sky and BT have corrupted football.

Premier League clubs are getting richer.

The rest try and keep up.

The average fan gets priced out of attending matches.

More and more fans stick to watching games on Sky,the circle is complete.

I obviously want Derby to be successful but if/when they go up you will see the business side to Mel more than the fan as he will want the club to stay up.... at least we would play at 15pm on Saturdays mostly.

I personally find it harder and harder to stay in love with the 'beautiful game'.

15pm? Even Sky would have trouble moving it to that kick off time. Though don't put it past them.

For once I'm happy the game is on Sky. As per other comments the prices for this match are just ridiculous. The Brighton tickets aren't much better. I appreciate with extra season tickets sold there are fewer seats available, but there's no need to fleece fans who can't make it to every match, so don't buy season tickets. Think I'll be going to the Grimsby game for a tenner and that'll be it till September. 

I think this is the "reward" for us being so well supported over the last few years. People have turned up in ever increasing numbers with the expectation of promotion. I feel the club have read this season completely wrong. I think expectations of promotion this year are diminished and as a result so will be the demand. Add into the equation these vulgar price increases and I feel 27000 at best will be closer to the average gate at home. ( unless we are top 2) late on. Then add into the equation the extras these punters spend whilst at games and revenue will drop further. I have read on this thread many posts saying I go to 10 games a year etc. All I can suggest is either pick away games Barnsley for instance. Close, great turn out and usually win. Or get together with like minded people and " share" a season ticket. 2 or 3 club together and take turns picking your games. I can remember the fury over the Norwich game away, we need to get used to the abuse we will rightly get over this. I just hope the football is better this season, 40 quid is wrong but I would rather pay 40 quid for a cracking 2 hours than pay 30 for some of the ***** entertainment served up last season. 

4 hours ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

I'm a season ticket holder and sympathise greatly with those that aren't looking at those prices. 

I don't have any great depth of knowledge regarding FFP, and would be happy for others to correct me, but it seems you guys may (literally) be paying the price for our huge (by Championship standards) outlay last season. At least to some extent.

Maybe the club gambled we'd be up, it didn't come off, and are now seeking to at least partially redress the balance through higher ticket prices. That's before we get to the inflated transfer fees and wages caused by the new TV deal and the pressure to compete in the current market. A potent mix.

As others have said, unfortunately, it seems to be the way the game has gone.

I feel for all of you!

It's the price you pay for living far enough away to make travelling for all games  (and hence a season ticket ) is less likely to be feasible. 

Most of my matches are away games in the south and that will continue :thumbsup:

I believe that the season tickets themselves are good value. If current trends continue then I can foresee a point at which it's in my interest to have a season ticket just for the one third of games I expect to attend. So then I'm potentially taking a place someone could make much better use of for two thirds of the season.

Difficult. ....

I fall into the unfortunate category of being a few years to young to qualify for pensioner reduction. Im not a student and i have a part time job at the nhs. So of course it is full whack...40 notes for second division football no matter how they pretty it up with the " championship" label etc. A season ticket is no good to me because i work shifts and cannot guarantee making any game especially as sky are always changing the dates. So im afraid its radio derby for me even though i can see the ipro lights from my bedroom window lol

It's making season tickets look good value for money. If you can make 10 games it's probably the best option. Or sharing, as @Doodle suggests. Can you imagine the argument over which one of you goes to Forest?!

Although I am a season ticket holder it impacts on us too as clubs will reciprocate by making our away prices dearer too.

I'm most disappointed though that the club haven't said anything about this - they did say they wanted to be more open with the fans and that should include the bad stuff as well as the good stuff. 

6 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

I remember when my Morning paper round wages bought me a match ticket and some scran and my Sunday round wages got me a train fare to a local away match.

C stand Paddocks seem such a long time ago.

1.50 a week for an evening round in Belper in 1977 and a match ticket was less than a pound  (90p rings a bell).

Trent bus fare took up the rest. 

Rip-off prices, Mel.

Sorry, when people are campaigning for an overall reduction in away prices, to hike our match tickets to the level we are charging for the Brighton or Villa game is not on.

We now have the quite ridiculous situation where away prices for the Premier League are capped at £30, but away fans - and home fans in the Championship - are going to be fleeced by around a tenner more than Premier League prices for an (arguably) inferior product.

I'm a season ticket holder and not directly affected by this as far as home games are concerned, but you can bet your life that the clubs we hammer on prices at the iPro are going to reciprocate when we visit them, so I'm going to be hit in the pocket just as much.

Sort it out, Derby County - this is a serious error of judgement.

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

£38 plus £1 booking fee.

So £39 to go to this game.

Honestly - Mel Morris/Sam Rush/John Vicars/Stephen Pearce/Lisa Biesty/Brandon Furse - Whoever is responsible for these prices you're an embarrassment. You've lost touch with reality. You've lost touch with how much fans with families can afford to pay to go to a game.

Do you not take comments you see on here, in the media, other clubs fans (Sheff Wed/Leeds etc) into any consideration.

I'm embarrassed at our pricing structure, I'm embarrassed at your exploitation of fans and where the club is heading.

£25 for Preston away - there is a proper price to see a game. That should be a limit - but £39 - sweet jesus.

Its very well when you sit in your ivory tower - Morris with your (well earned) Millions, Rush on your £400k plus, Vicars/Pearce I'm sure will be on 6-digit packages and you can afford to pay these sums but look at your fan base. Do a bit of research, find out what the average income is from your fans etc

I'm annoyed, I'm embarrassed, I'm ashamed of my club. I'm a season ticket holder as well before anyone moans - I don't have an issue with my season ticket price which is around £18 a game - that's good value for money - but those who can only afford a few games a season I'm defending here. I want to come to games with a full house, lots of away fans and a great atmosphere - but sorry, £40 is ridiculous.

Just for the record for Villa:

Cat E - £36 + £1 booking
Cat D - £36 + £1 booking
Cat C - £38 + £1 booking
Cat B - £38 + £1 booking
Cat A - £40 + £1 booking

Its ridiculous, simply ridiculous. So much respect lost for the management team until they start looking after ALL fans. (Season ticket Holders which they do most of the time, but also match day fans which are just as important)

Well put. Dynamic ticket pricicing was a fantastic way for people on a limited budget to attend games as well as making sure there was more bums on seats helping to create a better atmosphere. 

A lot of the lads I work with are not on great money, dynamic ticket pricing gave them the chance to get to games and often take their kids with them which in turn surely helps bring through the next generation on DCFC fans.

Times are tight if your not fortunate and it's a shame that what was once a working mans sport is now too pricey for a lot of folk to attend.

Price of a season ticket is fair but you try and save that with a family. There's always something crops up and ends up eating in to it. It's easier for a lot of people to get to a game when their a little bit more flush and the ticket prices are reasonable.

6 minutes ago, ostrichram said:

I fall into the unfortunate category of being a few years to young to qualify for pensioner reduction. Im not a student and i have a part time job at the nhs. So of course it is full whack...40 notes for second division football no matter how they pretty it up with the " championship" label etc. A season ticket is no good to me because i work shifts and cannot guarantee making any game especially as sky are always changing the dates. So im afraid its radio derby for me even though i can see the ipro lights from my bedroom window lol

Two points on your post.

1: Back in 2001 my dad got his senior season ticket when he was 55. Now its what 70 or something for seniors?

2: Derby should be disgusted that someone who lives so close to the ground is priced out of going to games.

44 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

Well put. Dynamic ticket pricicing was a fantastic way for people on a limited budget to attend games as well as making sure there was more bums on seats helping to create a better atmosphere. 

A lot of the lads I work with are not on great money, dynamic ticket pricing gave them the chance to get to games and often take their kids with them which in turn surely helps bring through the next generation on DCFC fans.

Times are tight if your not fortunate and it's a shame that what was once a working mans sport is now too pricey for a lot of folk to attend.

Price of a season ticket is fair but you try and save that with a family. There's always something crops up and ends up eating in to it. It's easier for a lot of people to get to a game when their a little bit more flush and the ticket prices are reasonable.

I'm not in the know or any hunting like that but Dynamic pricing was absolutely useless for a few reasons:

1) The club had huge differences in pricing between the category of game. An inferior opposition was something like £15 in the North West corner but this was close to thirty when a big team came to town.

2) The prices hardly ever varied. £1 or £2 and then an excuse to charge more on a match day. 

3) Surely the idea behind dynamic was to achieve as close to sell out as possible. Sadly we never really did. It was almost as like despite having a 33500 capacity, their target was to achieve about 29/30,000 for optimising the model.

52 minutes ago, eddie said:

Rip-off prices, Mel.

Sorry, when people are campaigning for an overall reduction in away prices, to hike our match tickets to the level we are charging for the Brighton or Villa game is not on.

We now have the quite ridiculous situation where away prices for the Premier League are capped at £30, but away fans - and home fans in the Championship - are going to be fleeced by around a tenner more than Premier League prices for an (arguably) inferior product.

I'm a season ticket holder and not directly affected by this as far as home games are concerned, but you can bet your life that the clubs we hammer on prices at the iPro are going to reciprocate when we visit them, so I'm going to be hit in the pocket just as much.

Sort it out, Derby County - this is a serious error of judgement.

Eddie - I think we are fortunate in that clubs cannot do this. They have to submit pricing and be consistent throughout a season. They cannot just pick on Derby because we charge stupid pricing and do the same back.

Where it does leave a sour taste is how away fans will see us and no doubt, some teams will not sell out or get close to selling out because we are so expensive.

Same reason I won't go to Sheffield Wednesday now because they charge so much.

41 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Two points on your post.

1: Back in 2001 my dad got his senior season ticket when he was 55. Now its what 70 or something for seniors?

2: Derby should be disgusted that someone who lives so close to the ground is priced out of going to games.

I wouldn't be surprised.

I was 54 when they put the seniors bracket up from 55 to 60, then a couple of years later it went up to 65. As I get closer to retirement age, the seniors threshold seems to be accelerating away from me.

Also a new season in cat B is £555. This is £24 per game. Not quite the cheapest in the world when some teams are charging a match day price cheaper than this so for new season ticket holders it can be difficult to get on board for the first time.

The real benefit is renewing season ticket holders who take the early bird.

Archived