Cat C Seat - Home v Villa. Sky Game - £39

rammieib

£38 plus £1 booking fee.

So £39 to go to this game.

Honestly - Mel Morris/Sam Rush/John Vicars/Stephen Pearce/Lisa Biesty/Brandon Furse - Whoever is responsible for these prices you're an embarrassment. You've lost touch with reality. You've lost touch with how much fans with families can afford to pay to go to a game.

Do you not take comments you see on here, in the media, other clubs fans (Sheff Wed/Leeds etc) into any consideration.

I'm embarrassed at our pricing structure, I'm embarrassed at your exploitation of fans and where the club is heading.

£25 for Preston away - there is a proper price to see a game. That should be a limit - but £39 - sweet jesus.

Its very well when you sit in your ivory tower - Morris with your (well earned) Millions, Rush on your £400k plus, Vicars/Pearce I'm sure will be on 6-digit packages and you can afford to pay these sums but look at your fan base. Do a bit of research, find out what the average income is from your fans etc

I'm annoyed, I'm embarrassed, I'm ashamed of my club. I'm a season ticket holder as well before anyone moans - I don't have an issue with my season ticket price which is around £18 a game - that's good value for money - but those who can only afford a few games a season I'm defending here. I want to come to games with a full house, lots of away fans and a great atmosphere - but sorry, £40 is ridiculous.

Just for the record for Villa:

Cat E - £36 + £1 booking
Cat D - £36 + £1 booking
Cat C - £38 + £1 booking
Cat B - £38 + £1 booking
Cat A - £40 + £1 booking

Its ridiculous, simply ridiculous. So much respect lost for the management team until they start looking after ALL fans. (Season ticket Holders which they do most of the time, but also match day fans which are just as important)

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be able to afford as many trips to the ipro this season it seems. 

Shame. I thought ticket income was a relatively small proportion of the total but perhaps that's only true for premier league.

Have to admit that I'm a bit naffed off if more revenue is needed as we have to fund a full season of Johnson and blackmans wages.....

Good post rammieib, but you missed the extra £1 for postage. (I think)

So that's a total Match Ticket price of £40 for me, for a game I could have stayed at home and watched with the rest of the Aberdeenshire Rams in the pub in The Black Bull, as I'd made travel and accommodation arrangements before it was announced to be televised on Sky TV.

My printer doesn't want to play at the moment and I'm old school that likes a ticket, so I can keep it, and one day put it in a file with all my other football tickets and gig tickets, so when my kids grow up and I'm brown bread they will know what their Dad/Grandad/Uncle/Brother etc got up to in his life and it helps paint a picture for them and their families, and the misses etc.

To be fair I think last season a lot of Season Ticket purchases were a bit pissed. Rightly so including me as people could pick and choose games at a fraction of the price of the average season ticker / per game price. 

I do think that's a bit steep though being on TV etc. I'm sure Mel is all for being fair and wanting to fill the ground but not many will be turning up with that price!

Completely agree, however, like you said, the game is on sky and for us (family of 5) it would cost £200 without any extras, to go and watch this single game. Instead we're going to a nice pub, having lunch and few drinks and will end up paying half that.

If people start thinking with their feet and don't go to games that are an extortionate price, I'm sure the people responsible for these prices will start to change them, but the fact is Villa will definitely sell out their full allocation at around £40 and that will only leave a few thousand tickets available for everyone else and with it being a 'bigger' team I think a few people that don't usually go to games will head down for this one.

I gather the step ticket prices is to encourage people to buy season tickets, while the prices itself may be an embarassment, you'll find the same at virtually any consistently large club. As far as the club is concerned, for every one person that actually complains about the price and refuses to spend, theres probably someone that would be willing to pay it 

19 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I won't be able to afford as many trips to the ipro this season it seems. 

Shame. I thought ticket income was a relatively small proportion of the total but perhaps that's only true for premier league.

Have to admit that I'm a bit naffed off if more revenue is needed as we have to fund a full season of Johnson and blackmans wages.....

Can anybody give a summary of where income comes from for clubs? Mainly how much comes from ticket sales and how much comes from the rights, shirts etc...? 

These prices are astounding. Ridiculous. This TV money in the EPL has screwed the game. It is totally and utterly perverse that those guys on the pitch doing something that most would do for free are millionaires and those who support them are spending a crippling amount (or not as the case might be for lots who can't afford it) for the pleasure of watching them. I wanted to be a footballer before it meant being a millionaire. 

Why can't Derby fill the stadium with much cheaper tickets, every week? I'd love to see the numbers on this. Surely 33,000 at £20 a pop is better than 28,000 with 5000 paying £40 a pop? (This is taking season ticket holders paying £18 each into account). More people means better atmosphere, more beer sold, more pies sold and more fans hooked for the future!?! 

When we had Ciccio, wanchope, eranio etc.. I used to get myself and a bunch of mates into watch for £10!!! (I think) I know of at least one person who was hooked in from going to these matches who wouldn't have gone if it was £39 and subsequently wouldnt have become a big fan and indoctrinated their kids and wouldnt have bought shirts and tickets over the years in the future and so on....

Rant over.

39 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

.... For me, there's the added cost of £73.20 for the train up from Bristol.

£110 plus for the Brighton game.

I hope they play well!

Don't get me started on train fares......

Though can't you get it better than that if you book in advance and travel at an unfashionable time  (like 6am).

I find a ticket to London varies from 16 to 78 quid within the same calendar day.

@Inverurie Ram - Missed postage but I don't have a big issue with that one to be fair because they offer the print at home/ticket office collection as an alternative.

Taking an average seat (Cat C in Derby's case) for the opening weekend games:

Derby v Brighton £36

Fulham v Newcastle £30

Birmingham v Cardiff £25

Blackburn v Norwich £27

Bristol City v Wigan £24

Huddersfield v Brentford £20 (they jumpy to £30 for their Cat A Games out of interest)

Ipswich v Barnsley £32.50

Forest v Burton £26

Reading v Preston £25 (£28 without a membership card, but a member card costs £2!)

Rotherham v Wolves £25

So if our pricing isn't a complete and utter pi$$ take, I'm not sure what is.

If MM occasionally reads this forum and reads this particular thread then he should be embarrassed and feel a real sense of shame. I'm OK being a season ticket holder but I feel really sorry for those families and supporters who struggle to put together the money needed to treat themselves (and more importantly their kids) to an occasional day out at the IPro.

Any more of this and we can forget all about being a "family" club. Shame on you Derby County!!!

28 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Don't get me started on train fares......

Though can't you get it better than that if you book in advance and travel at an unfashionable time  (like 6am).

I find a ticket to London varies from 16 to 78 quid within the same calendar day.

Trouble with booking too far in advance is some knob then decides to change the game for Sky!

Archived