Cat C Seat - Home v Villa. Sky Game - £39

rammieib

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

The cheapest  villa ticket  is £36. Yet the cheapest Newcastle  ticket is £29. You'd  think these two games would be around the same price. I know villa game is a local derby but Newcastle are a big club.

Is it being classed as a Midlands Derby?

Greedy if anything.

If I wanted to take my daughter and partner to the Brighton game it'll cost nearly £80 to sit in lower north stand, how can anyone even justify that? You want the biggest crowd possible for the first league game of the season, not a 26,000 turn out. I thought the club would've learn from the Hull home leg that prices needed coming down a bit.

How are you going to attract new supporters to the club with those silly prices? Doubt Morris or anyone will even acknowledge it, people/myself will pay it regardless, mugs.

15 hours ago, eddie said:

I wouldn't be surprised.

I was 54 when they put the seniors bracket up from 55 to 60, then a couple of years later it went up to 65. As I get closer to retirement age, the seniors threshold seems to be accelerating away from me.

Sorry Eddie didn't mean to quote

Think this is the first thread where all the forum is in complete agreement. Think that in itself tells the hierarchy at Derby County something must be wrong on this issue. 

Obviously we don't represent thousands upon thousands..... But can imagine there's plenty of unhappy folk out there regarding the prices. Time will tell of course, proof will be in the coming few home matches. 

Wonder how many we will get for Grimsby too.

As much as I am angry at the club for these prices, you can't blame them when people still pay for the tickets. Realistically in any business you're not going to lower the prices of goods if they're selling very well. People can protest as much as they want by refusing to buy tickets but what's the point when someone else is going to buy them instead? Arsenal fans tried to do the same after they moved to the Emirates as the working class fans could no longer afford to pay the ticket prices so they boycotted games. It had the opppsite effect though as you had business suit ******* buying the tickets which drove the ticket prices even higher than previously. A full on protest will never work unfortunately because there will always be people who will buy the tickets instead as the demand is there. Football is no longer a sport, it is now a business which is why I'm not as interested in football as I was 10-15 years ago. Sad state of affairs really.

7 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

To be honest I think it's an excuse to increase the ticket price. If I had a choice  I'd rather go to the Newcastle game.

Yeah, confused me when I saw it being more expensive than Newcastle but seeing Sheff Wed charge £42 for their game v Villa I can only assume it's down to location. Or it could be that they saw the uproar over the ticket price increase a couple of weeks ago and kept this game down as tickets have only just gone on sale to home members where as Villa have been out a while now haven't they? Can't just suddenly drop prices as those that have bought already would be pissed off.

19 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, confused me when I saw it being more expensive than Newcastle but seeing Sheff Wed charge £42 for their game v Villa I can only assume it's down to location. Or it could be that they saw the uproar over the ticket price increase a couple of weeks ago and kept this game down as tickets have only just gone on sale to home members where as Villa have been out a while now haven't they? Can't just suddenly drop prices as those that have bought already would be pissed off.

Sheffield we'd £42 it's getting worse. You are right that the club can't  drop the price now. That wouldn't  be fair if you bought a ticket. If we were in the premiership you'd  pay it but we are in the championship.  You never know they might review some of the ticket prices.

43 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Greedy if anything.

If I wanted to take my daughter and partner to the Brighton game it'll cost nearly £80 to sit in lower north stand, how can anyone even justify that? You want the biggest crowd possible for the first league game of the season, not a 26,000 turn out. I thought the club would've learn from the Hull home leg that prices needed coming down a bit.

How are you going to attract new supporters to the club with those silly prices? Doubt Morris or anyone will even acknowledge it, people/myself will pay it regardless, mugs.

Even acknowledge what?

Unless people protest or let the club know they are unhappy he will have nothing to acknowledge.

2 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Sheffield we'd £42 it's getting worse. You are right that the club can't  drop the price now. That wouldn't  be fair if you bought a ticket. If we were in the premiership you'd  pay it but we are in the championship.  You never know they might review some of the ticket prices.

Ticket prices are out of whack everywhere, League 1 opening game Bolton v Sheff Utd, cheapest ticket?.....£28, Newcastle's first home game of the season, cheapest ticket £27 v Huddersfield. 

Ticket Prices I've quoted are all based on Cat C for Derby and include the £1 booking fee.

@Ambitious You say its about Supply and Demand but I disagree. Look at Wednesday - their ground is 50-60% full with their ticket prices but they have just decided for the second year running now to lower prices but keep them ridiculously high. The £42 I quote is based on an equivalent Cat C seat at Hillsborough. I could have gone worst case which was nearly £50.

I think the disparity on the Villa and Newcastle ticket pricing at Derby is the Villa game was classed as Cat A before they knew it was a Sky game. Once it was moved, they had already sold tickets so couldn't change the pricing policy. Newcastle hadn't gone on sale yet so they were able to lower prices once they knew it was on Sky.

Either way - its downright shameful.

53 minutes ago, McLovin said:

As much as I am angry at the club for these prices, you can't blame them when people still pay for the tickets. Realistically in any business you're not going to lower the prices of goods if they're selling very well. People can protest as much as they want by refusing to buy tickets but what's the point when someone else is going to buy them instead? Arsenal fans tried to do the same after they moved to the Emirates as the working class fans could no longer afford to pay the ticket prices so they boycotted games. It had the opppsite effect though as you had business suit ******* buying the tickets which drove the ticket prices even higher than previously. A full on protest will never work unfortunately because there will always be people who will buy the tickets instead as the demand is there. Football is no longer a sport, it is now a business which is why I'm not as interested in football as I was 10-15 years ago. Sad state of affairs really.

Can't disagree with what you're saying but as angry as most people seem to be, it's just as much a feeling of disappointment.

We have been persuaded that MM is 'one of us' as far as his feelings for the club is concerned and there's no doubt that our investment on new players last season would have underpinned that.

Having got the vast majority of fans on board, to increase ticket prices to these levels gives me a feeling that I've been hoodwinked and it was all part of a master plan.

I don't think that those of us who are fortunate enough to be able to afford a season ticket can complain about those prices but the ones I feel desperately for are those who, purely for financial reasons, had to pick their games through the season. They have really been given a kick in the teeth!

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Even acknowledge what?

The actual reason why there's such a price hike perhaps? duh. Two seasons ago we had one of the cheapest match day pricing in the league, why the sudden increase? 

Clearly people are "protesting", hence the mere 25k home crowd for a play off tie...

17 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I don't think that those of us who are fortunate enough to be able to afford a season ticket can complain about those prices but the ones I feel desperately for are those who, purely for financial reasons, had to pick their games through the season. They have really been given a kick in the teeth!

That's true about the ST prices, but I've a feeling they will rise steeply again for next season, whichever division we will be in. 

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

The actual reason why there's such a price hike perhaps? duh. Two seasons ago we had one of the cheapest match day pricing in the league, why the sudden increase? 

Clearly people are "protesting", hence the mere 25k home crowd for a play off tie...

The gate v Hull was 29,969.

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Was that not down fans have zero belief in Wassall as we later went on to sell a record amount of season tickets in whatever period it was

11 minutes ago, Papahet said:

As far as I am aware there this does not represent a big price hike on last season's prices, so why no protest at the beginning of last season.

The Hull game attracted nearly 30000 I think and people may not have paid the prices with the possibility of the cost of a trip to Wembley 2 weeks later.

Hull home tie - 3,000 away fans and 23,000 (?) holders. 

So just over three thousand Derby fans brought a match ticket for the game. Hardly impressive is it?  Didn't you see how empty it was in north and west stands? The club should be doing their upmost to sell out these games.

Archived