Cat C Seat - Home v Villa. Sky Game - £39

rammieib

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

I wouldn't be surprised.

I was 54 when they put the seniors bracket up from 55 to 60, then a couple of years later it went up to 65. As I get closer to retirement age, the seniors threshold seems to be accelerating away from me.

Yep, I feel for you here. I know a legal retirement age is now not defined but a good touch would be 60. The additional cheaper benefit for 75 plus is a nice touch although if there were more than 300 season ticket holders in this category I'd be surprised, so in the grand scheme of things it's roughly a £20k outlay by the club.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly I can see this where we lose the future supporters interest.

As a parent, getting your son to support a 'unfashionable' team is relatively hard.

When I take my son to his football training, there's 12 or so kids. There's probably 10 or them wearing full kit from Man U, Chelsea, Man City or similar, then another who wears his Lincoln kit and my lad who interchanges between Derby and Lincoln. I'd love it if kids supported their local team or their parents local team, that's what football was all about.

I can't imagine how hard it is for some parents to get their kids hooked on Derby when it's so expensive to go to a match, buy merchandise or whatever. The kit costs near £100, going to a match is £100 a time.

As a club and owner that is harping on about helping our homegrown players, surely they need to look at our homegrown fanbase, as forcing parents out with crazy pricing isn't helping one bit.

This is shocking, football is no longer a working man's game. A bit of perspective is needed here, we are a championship club. We may have premier league aspirations but we are still a championship club at the end of the day. We should make the tickets cheaper. As someone said previously, it's better to have 30,000 Derby fans than 25,000 Derby fans as they'd provide more support to the team and they'd buy things in the stadium, whether that would be accessories in the club shop or Beer and food before you make your way to watch the match or at half time.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

As someone said previously, it's better to have 30,000 Derby fans than 25,000 Derby fans as they'd provide more support to the team and they'd buy things in the stadium, whether that would be accessories in the club shop or Beer and food before you make your way to watch the match or at half time.

That might have been an incentive to Derby if they hadn't sold the rights to both the club shop and the catering. 

2 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

That might have been an incentive to Derby if they hadn't sold the rights to both the club shop and the catering. 

Correct - not sure when that deal runs out though. It was a Tom Glick deal from memory.

14 minutes ago, eddie said:

I wouldn't be surprised.

I was 54 when they put the seniors bracket up from 55 to 60, then a couple of years later it went up to 65. As I get closer to retirement age, the seniors threshold seems to be accelerating away from me.

That's similar to one of my friends who's in the West upper. He's had a season ticket for many years, and always seem to be 6 months or so away from something before the category/range is moved another 5 years.

Then his son is on the cusp of becoming a adult instead of a young adult, that'll make his season ticket jump up around £200 in price. He's having second thoughts about renewing after this coming season. 

£200 might not seem a lot to those directors on 6 figure pay packets who make the decisions or someone who's a multi millionaire, but when it's near enough a weeks wages for others, its definitely a huge price to pay.

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Sorry, I wasn't aware of this, thanks for letting me know

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Correct - not sure when that deal runs out though. It was a Tom Glick deal from memory.

Quick google and it's this company that runs the club shop.

http://www.gldgroup.com/retail/derby-county-fc

From other quick research, appears to be a 5 year deal from 2012 to 2017 with them.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2014/06/umbro-to-make-derby-county-14-15-kits.html

24 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Yep, I feel for you here. I know a legal retirement age is now not defined but a good touch would be 60. The additional cheaper benefit for 75 plus is a nice touch although if there were more than 300 season ticket holders in this category I'd be surprised, so in the grand scheme of things it's roughly a £20k outlay by the club.

I can't say I'm would up about seniors prices - after all, I'm an IT consultant still in work at the age of (nearly) 64 whose role is interpreting 40 year old spaghettified code, so money isn't exactly short. This season does, however, mark the 50th anniversary of my first season ticket.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

I can't say I'm would up about seniors prices - after all, I'm an IT consultant still in work at the age of (nearly) 64 whose role is interpreting 40 year old spaghettified code, so money isn't exactly short. This season does, however, mark the 50th anniversary of my first season ticket.

They should present you with a golden season ticket and a carriage clock.

3 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

They should present you with a golden season ticket and a carriage clock.

I didn't have one every year - far from it

For many years I was an international tournament tenpin bowler (as was the Memsahib, and both my kids bowled for the county) and so I only went a few times a year - then when the Amigos were at Derby I never went at all from the moment suspicions arose that they were lining their pockets.

So an iron pyrites season ticket and a broken clock is all I deserve.

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

For many years I was an international tournament tenpin bowler (as was the Memsahib, and both my kids bowled for the county) and so I only went a few times a year - then when the Amigos were at Derby I never went at all from the moment suspicions arose that they were lining their pockets.

half fan

13 minutes ago, eddie said:

a482100.jpg

You and the Mrs.

57 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

I'm a bit confused on the catering side.

On 1 July 2008 DCFC enetered into a 10 year catering contract with Delaware North, so this should expire on 30 June 2018.

However, the other week it was reported that DCFC and Delaware North had formed a strategic alliance (named Club DCFC) to run all of the catering including Starbucks.

Not sure what the financial implications are of this. At the time the deal was rumoured to have been £60m.

Also not sure what changes to expect on matchday catering.

Does anybody have any knowledge of this?

People in Derby have the highest salaries in the East Midlands, according to a recent survey. Figures from the Office of National Statistics showed that the average salary in the city was £22,667 before tax, compared to £20,310 in Leicester and £21,124 in Nottingham.16 Dec 2013. Though this is 2013 I'm sure 2 or so years on this will not have risen a great deal. A few of our players are on more than that a week and in all honesty are flops and failures. Can someone in the know email this to derby county for me please and hopefully they might feel embarrassed. I doubt it though. 

So if you work for 50 years on this wage which may rise with inflation or a yearly pay rise a footballer on 22k which will be some of our lot will earn more in a year than someone on Derbyshire average wage in a year. This is absolutely criminal as ability wise they aren't very good. I'm guessing Johnson is on near 40k so 25 weeks pay will do a lifetime on Derbys average wage. CRIMINAL 

The footballers wage thing is irrelevant. 

They're paid what they're paid. How much did Ben Affleck get for Daredevil movie? How much did Drake get on his ***** music. 

The wage is the wage. And when Derby fans drove to Norwich, paid £40 and then protested that they'd paid £40 that was optional... well that's why players are paid so much. It sells. They sell. 

1 hour ago, Derbyram1983 said:

People in Derby have the highest salaries in the East Midlands, according to a recent survey. Figures from the Office of National Statistics showed that the average salary in the city was £22,667 before tax, compared to £20,310 in Leicester and £21,124 in Nottingham.16 Dec 2013. Though this is 2013 I'm sure 2 or so years on this will not have risen a great deal. A few of our players are on more than that a week and in all honesty are flops and failures. Can someone in the know email this to derby county for me please and hopefully they might feel embarrassed. I doubt it though. 

Against a National average close to £30k? All the more reason for fairer pricing policies.

Archived