Derby County v Brighton

Jimbo Ram

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
42 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Just come back from the match. Wow we were really lucky not to lose by 4 or 5. Chris Hughton will be tearing his hair out (whatever hair he has left) at how Brighton didn't win that. I was surprised that Weimann and Forsyth didn't play but I assume they are injured. Our defence was reletively solid, Shackell my motm, I thought he was fantastic. Keogh did have a "moment" which we were lucky not to get away with. Ince had a complete mare, He ended up lashing out at and shouting at Baird at one point because nothing was going his way. I felt sorry for Bent, there was no creativity behind him. He made a brilliant run in the second half and if the ball was played to him he would have had a clear run at goal but Ince took too long to pass it to him. I also felt sorry for Johnson too when he came off. Yes he had a mare too but there was no need for the Derby fans to jeer him like that. What happened to supporting your players no matter what? Once thing is for sure, we need a couple of wingers if we want to persist with 4-4-2. I'm willing to give it a chance, as I stated before the match a few days ago but the formation looked too narrow today. 

Fozzy's missus is having a baby. Weimann will be out for weeks apparently. Olson out injured, so we lost some attacking mojo at LB.  the weird selections didn't help, but Blackman and bent did ok. Happy with a point with all the absentees, for whatever reason they were absent or kicking their heels on the bench. 

What's the point in Max Lowe being here when we play someone who inhibits our play so much over him even when our other two left backs are injured.

Pearson deserves time obviously but you make big calls like he did today and they have to come off. 

I can only give you my personal views of today but here it goes.

men of the match has to go to the Brighton fans they were awesome.

i thought Brighton were a little like us in recent years tidy but without an end product, although I thought they looked the best team for long periods we always looked the most likely to score and had the better chances . We did look disjointed and a bit undercooked we will improve as will Brighton. 

So on the players , could have shot keough first half for jumping in when he should have covered, he was better second half/ the defence was ok, but Baird although ok defensively is not very forward thinking and that hurt our forward play. Johnson lost his confidence as did Inve later on ( thank you Derby crowd you take some of the blame for that).

bent worked his socks off and made a couple of good defensive challenges a pity Ince was not on his wavelength going forward, Bryson also worked hard and had a good game, Blackman showed promise and will be good for use this season. 

Hughes when he came on was awesome , not for his forward play but because he got his foot in and disrupted their Attacks, we missed Thorne and we hit long balls to Bent which were pointless. 

I get feed up with the constant moans and boos, a guy behind me did it and then laughed, what a prat. Some heads went down due to the moaning cut it out.

happy with the point, the 3 subs made a difference, and although I said that maybe we should try something else other than Martin he did bring some thing to the team that was lacking.

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Good point considering we played a fellow top six side with an awful starting lineup. Another clean sheet for Koegh, that rubbish defender a number of 'fans' want out.

Hopefully next match there will be no Bent, Blackman, Baird or Johnson from the start.

4-3-3 please. Russell, Ince, Martin, Hughes, Butterfield, Bryson, Fozzy, Keogh, Shacks, Christie, Carson

Blackman was fine at RM! And Bent did ok with little service. Not so ince who was cack. 

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

So not experimenting at all then :p

You're probably right in any case. The positive is that the changes worked so, as you say, he'll have learnt a fair amount from today. 

No I think he picked the side based upon their performances in pre season which is fair enough. He'll learn.

I've said it before, but I'll be glad when this 4-4-1-1 is finished. It's inevitably going to revert back to 4-3-3 unless we make 5/6 signings in the next few weeks. 

We simply don't have the players and from what I can gather that was beyond evident in the performance.

ill give it five more games. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I've said it before, but I'll be glad when this 4-4-1-1 is finished

Pearson might be seeing who he wants to keep and bring in the other players he needs to make 4411 work?, I'm happy to be patient and let him make the necessary changes, because 433 with the perssonal we've had haven't been good enough for 3 seasons now. 

Best get your  heads around the fact there will be no 4-3-3 whilst Pearson is manager the players either adapt or will be replaced.Whether they can is open to question some players suit certain systems better but all should be able to play in any system.

It was one of the things I heard when McLaren was here that he found it hugely frustrating the players failed to,or refused to take on board new formations.

5 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

Pearson might be seeing who he wants to keep and bring in the other players he needs to make 4411 work?, I'm happy to be patient and let him make the necessary changes, because 433 with the perssonal we've had haven't been good enough for 3 seasons now. 

Been plenty good enough when we've had everybody fit.

Of course, it Pearson wants to go.4_4_1_1 hes going to.have to stick to it. Its been tried before with these players but never persisted with. 

I will admit I laughed after all the chris martin cheers, he comes on and miscontrols out for a throw in. But thats just one of those moments. 

Needs lots more work but better to stick with it long enough that it becomes familier and second nature.

Also, I can accept a less possession based game, but we did seem to be trying to give the ball away for large parts of the game. 

37 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I've said it before, but I'll be glad when this 4-4-1-1 is finished. It's inevitably going to revert back to 4-3-3 unless we make 5/6 signings in the next few weeks. 

We simply don't have the players and from what I can gather that was beyond evident in the performance.

ill give it five more games. 

Unless Pearson gets sacked 433 won't be coming back.

PistoldPete2
10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I want Butterfield to coach all of the players for one day about how to shoot. He is the only one who seems to shoot outside the box. 

Plenty of shots from outside the box.. Bryson had a go. All rubbish but there were a few shots. 

Archived