Jimbo Ram

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, LazloW said:

"Pathetic"

"Shambolic"

"Worst starting 11 I've ever seen"

Three comments read out on Radio Derby about a 0-0 draw against a good side on the first day of season with a new manager, formation and makeshift left back... Reasonable assessment or over reaction? 

Take a wild guess...

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Can we also assume Weinmann and fozzy would have started under normal circumstances?

Yes. Powell said before the game that their absence meant a couple of players were getting "happy surprises". Don't think Baird or Johnson would have played. 

14 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Pretty awful performance. Johnson rightly cheered off, no effort whatsoever. Don't know why Pearson picked him. Missed Olsson or Fozzy massively, Baird awful. 

Although we was poor, still should have won the game imo. Had a couple of great chances. Hoping that was just a typical first game. New striker and winger a must. 

Rightly cheered off? Are you for real? 

53 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Good point considering we played a fellow top six side with an awful starting lineup. Another clean sheet for Koegh, that rubbish defender a number of 'fans' want out.

Hopefully next match there will be no Bent, Blackman, Baird or Johnson from the start.

4-3-3 please. Russell, Ince, Martin, Hughes, Butterfield, Bryson, Fozzy, Keogh, Shacks, Christie, Carson

I'm one of Keogh's biggest fans but the clean sheet was more down to Brighton 's awful finishing than Keogh's defending. It was Shackell that commanded back 4. My Motm easily. Keogh also did have a moment in the game which Brighton should have scored from.

Performance wasn't great but that's to be expected. Happy with a point against a good Brighton side.

It's going to take a while for Pearson to get them playing how he  wants them to. 

We have a side that has been used to playing, and been built/bought to play 433. The transition to be able to look comfortable in a 442 again won't be immediate.

Onwards and upwards...

Also those calling for a formation change, haven't you learnt that you can't get the most out of 4-3-3 unless Thorne is playing as there is no defensive protection. Can't believe that some fans are criticising Bent either. Put Suarez in that Derby team and he would have struggled as there was no creativity behind him

54 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

That's the problem with social media, it gives idiots a place to voice their stupid thoughts.

Twitter and the south stand the same thing? Took 20 minutes for the groans to start and Bradley Johnson get targeted today.

8 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

Performance wasn't great but that's to be expected. Happy with a point against a good Brighton side.

It's going to take a while for Pearson to get them playing how he  wants them to. 

We have a side that has been used to playing, and been built/bought to play 433. The transition to be able to look comfortable in a 442 again won't be immediate.

Onwards and upwards...

Out of interest,  why is a "not great" performance to be expected? 

I blooming well expected one.

Instead,  it sounds like we got away with a draw against a team having to play a fb at cb and who were missing their supposed main midfielder through suspension. 

Pfft.

Just now, YouRams said:

Twitter and the south stand the same thing? Took 20 minutes for the groans to start and Bradley Johnson get targeted today.

Baird was also targeted. What happened to supporting a player through thick and thin? I may criticise players on here but I'd NEVER target individual players.

11 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'm one of Keogh's biggest fans but the clean sheet was more down to Brighton 's awful finishing than Keogh's defending. It was Shackell that commanded back 4. My Motm easily. Keogh also did have a moment in the game which Brighton should have scored from.

Thought Shacks was as poor as Keogh tbh.....

It was easier to count the headers both won it that game rather than the ones they didn't win. 

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Baird was also targeted. What happened to supporting a player through thick and thin? I may criticise players on here but I'd NEVER target individual players.

I'm not a huge fan of Johnson but in that awful spell we had I didn't think he was any worse than anyone else. Cheering a player off is shocking no matter what you think of them. 

Either the squad's going to have to change it Pearson is. We're in limbo after last summer. Half the squad is suited to one style of play, the other half another and Pearson seemingly another. 

This COULD be another period of transition. Just get behind the team and hope for the best.

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Also those calling for a formation change, haven't you learnt that you can't get the most out of 4-3-3 unless Thorne is playing as there is no defensive protection. Can't believe that some fans are criticising Bent either. Put Suarez in that Derby team and he would have struggled as there was no creativity behind him

It's not just the formation. The style of football Pearson is trying to get us to play just will not work with the squad we have. We don't have any proper wingers. We don't have a strong mobile forward.  We don't have any midfielders that are suited to playing in a central 2.  We need half a dozen new signings if we are going to play this way, or we need Pearson to stop trying to make us into Leicester and try to make the best of the squad he has.

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Out of interest,  why is a "not great" performance to be expected? 

I blooming well expected one.

Instead,  it sounds like we got away with a draw against a team having to play a fb at cb and who were missing their supposed main midfielder through suspension. 

Pfft.

I just wasn't expecting to hit the ground running with a five star performance under a new manager with different ideas and a new formation in the first competitive game of the season.

Even with injuries Brighton are a decent side with the same manager and comfortable in their formation. It would have been a difficult game under any circumstance.

I think the performances will come and results will follow...

8 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

I just wasn't expecting to hit the ground running with a five star performance under a new manager with different ideas and a new formation in the first competitive game of the season.

Even with injuries Brighton are a decent side with the same manager and comfortable in their formation. It would have been a difficult game under any circumstance.

I think the performances will come and results will follow...

Ah well fair enough. 

I shall take my delusional expectations down to the hants local for a couple of pints worth of gratuitous moaning.

I'm sure I'll feel better soon :thumbsup:

Archived