Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

It was time for him to go, he should have the chance of regular football and I doubt he would have got that at Derby, I wish him well and I glad a fee was involved as no fee at all would be disrespectful for someone who can more than hold their own at this level 

all the best JB ( just don't score against us) 

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice that a player is going and there's no snide comments from them or any bad smells left behind. Surprised he's been here as long as he has, but probably not going to play much. Fair dos, good servant, nice bloke, good move. Thanks.

PistoldPete2

Surprised that Bucko is going especially after shotton and albentosa have gone too. Maybe injuries have taken their toll and he's not the player he was in 2014. Anyway good luck to him.. A three year contract at his age is a good deal for him and he deserves it after giving such good service to the Rams. 

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Best deal all round, he wants to play so goes off to Wigan, good luck to him.

He made up for in passion what he lacked in skill, but always gave 100%.

He's better with a football than Shackell though

Thank you jake buxton.... you may be at wigan now but you are and always will be a ram. Very sad you have gone but all good things come to an end.... first score i will check as walking out the ground every saturday will be wigans.... best of luck pal....

On a separate not i wont get into any itk debates..... but to everyone that hounded out mackworth ram.... eat dog **** for breakfast now.

2 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Thank you jake buxton.... you may be at wigan now but you are and always will be a ram. Very sad you have gone but all good things come to an end.... first score i will check as walking out the ground every saturday will be wigans.... best of luck pal....

On a separate not i wont get into any itk debates..... but to everyone that hounded out mackworth ram.... eat dog **** for breakfast now.

Hounded him out? He spat the dummy over nothing and said he was deleting his account! He didn't though because I have seen him online since. 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Hounded him out? He spat the dummy over nothing and said he was deleting his account! He didn't though because I have seen him online since. 

Yes hounded out.... was getting abuse left right and centre and being ridiculed.... not saying by you btw.... giving an overall generalisation 

to any critic, Jake Buxton has easily been in our top 3 centre backs THIS century.

Leacock was awesome in promotion season but rubbish after, same with Darren Moore. Those that battled relegation at the turn of the century and ultimately came down were not as consistent as Buxton, and those in the horror years of Gregory, Brown, Burley and Jewell weren't fit to lace Buxton's boots.

If he was a foreigner he'd be held in much higher regard for his actual ability, he plays the game like an Italian defender.

I would argue he's better than both Keogh and Shackell, but I will never convince people that, nor will I want to, but, beyond those 2 and Buxton.... there's nobody else, in the last 15-16 years as good.

17 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Hounded out?

Waaambulance.jpg

Archived