Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Once I've got over the fact he joined someone else other than NC, (which has still gutted me, I can't believe NC wouldn't have had him top of his list of signings) I'll quickly get back to loving Jake as I always did since his Burton days and will probably go to watch him a couple of times this season outside of the obvious games.

Proper bloke, heart of a lion and how I'd love all footballers to be. How I'd want my lad to be if he was a footballer.

Much better player than some are giving him credit for (and yes I'd have Sammy at the top of that list)

Brilliant signing for Wigan, head and shoulders above Warnock in terms of importance to their side this season.

Spot on Ronald.

That's exactly why the fans loved him so much.

A real hero in a Derby shirt.

Magic.

For all you sad cynics, if you don't get this, then you simply CANNOT be a true Rams fan.

Sith Happens

In fairness i cannot recall the last time i was so gutted by a player leaving. Absolute Derby hero through and through.

I suspect his welcome or ovation will be somewhat similiar to Matt Oakleys when he was at leicester.

9 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I'm a little sad. He says it's been an honour and I believe him, I hope he gets his first team place at Wigan. 

As I have said already, the club needs to bring him back in some type of capacity.

His love of the club and its fans is heartwarming and inspirational, especially in this sordid, mercenary day and age.

Other clubs have done just this, such as Liverpool I think.

Maybe like a Mister Motivator for the junior players, or else as our local Ambassador.

Or even as a real life Rammie figure to scare the living daylights out of the opposition!! Full beard and loud growling please. Our very own Berserker.

If you don't know what that is, please ask my Icelandic mate Ramit.

COYR!!

Why are people concerned about a fee?

Sir Jake gave 7 years of his life - that's approximately 239 million heartbeats - to Derby County.

Even on a free, I'd say we are massvely in profit.

2 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

We've obviously received something as the club wouldn't lie. But we haven't gained any revenue from the sale (well that's was what I was told last night). I could be wrong, I could be right, but I wouldn't make anything up

A bit Johnny Lydon SDSR.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I'm glad that this sort of deals been made, thanks for letting us know of that detail SDSR.

I wonder if there has ever been a bigger celebration of a returning player than there will be when Wigan come to Derby?

Paul Goddard returning was very good, class player

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Why are people concerned about a fee?

Sir Jake gave 7 years of his life - that's approximately 239 million heartbeats - to Derby County.

Even on a free, I'd say we are massvely in profit.

Eddie, please can you start a Jake Buxton thread, along the lines of a Fund to which fans can contribute while he's away from us, culminating in a Testimonial Year before he returns. Which I feel sure he will.

Good idea?

Seen silly good riddance post ,,, really????  You can rate or not rate all players there are very few that you MUST respect ,jake is one ,,,, 

Archived