Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

Will always be remembered for the florist and Leeds goals and his performance in the playoff final season, not the best of players but gave it 100% and like an old fashioned player who loved playing football for a living, not like some of these mardy t&@?£ playing these days 

good luck buckenbauer 

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a tear in my eye reading this news. Wore his badge on his heart. He made his way through the pitch invading Hull fans to show his appreciation to the travelling army. Fearless of any potential hooligan to say Thanks. Well Jake take a big Thank You from me!!

Now onto more important stuff have we signed a new centre half yet??

Is it too early to start petitioning for a testimonial?

If Barker got a whole year long event, then surely Buxton who's been with us longer deserves at least a game?

He's had his injuries sure, but most can agree he's shown the most heart and passion than any player over the last 7 years.

Just now, Ram@Lincoln said:

Is it too early to start petitioning for a testimonial?

If Barker got a whole year long event, then surely Buxton who's been with us longer deserves at least a game?

He's had his injuries sure, but most can agree he's shown the most heart and passion than any player over the last 7 years.

I'm sure he will when he retires. 

Wasn't a time based thing with Barker. His career was ended by injury playing for us. 

He figured he wouldn't get much first team action, a player like he is is wasted on the subs bench.  Because i am such a fan of his i wish him all the best at his new club, he will be sorely missed.  Thanks for the unforgettable memories Bucko.  Going to the pool and plan on sitting at least a half hour in the steam bath hugging me knees.

I would have let a fair few other players from our squad leave over Bucko! However if he wasn't guaranteed first team football then i'll take solace in the fact he gets regular football! Best of luck Jake! Legend.

Just now, SaintRam said:

I'm sure he will when he retires. 

Wasn't a time based thing with Barker. His career was ended by injury playing for us. 

I think the 10 years time thing has gone out the window really, and it's now done on a individual circumstances thing.

Barker's horrific injury and commitment to come back certainly earned it him.

Buxton, likewise, he's had many long term lay offs but has always came back stronger. Definitely became a modern day legend/cult hero among the majority of supporters. So in my eyes he definitely deserves one.

I'm absolutely gutted that he hasn't had the chance to play in the Prem with with. Would have capped off a fantastic journey.

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

Forgot to add Pearson out.

We can only let players go who a) want to go and/or b) have an interested party.

Bucko says in his Wigan interview that they've been talking to him for a while and while he loves Derby he wants to be playing. He didn't get a sniff last season (after getting fit). 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

We can only let players go who a) want to go and/or b) have an interested party.

Bucko says in his Wigan interview that they've been talking to him for a while and while he loves Derby he wants to be playing. He didn't get a sniff last season (after getting fit). 

Mate it was a joke.

God bless ya Buxo. A true servant to the club. Passionate, loyal and a true professional. Those passes you used to play across the park were pin point. Will miss you greatly.

All the best for the future. 

Just now, King Kevin said:

Mate it was a joke.

I know the Pearson out bit was, I just couldn't be arsed to click back to your former post (which I think is a view echoed by many) of others players going first.

1 hour ago, Sammy1946 said:

I like how people frantically trying to prove that we have received at least a measly penny for our "cult hero". It is so miserable. Glad he is gone. 

YOU said no one wants him - signs for a championship club

YOU said we'd have to give him away - received undisclosed fee (doesn't matter what we spend it on, covering costs etc)

The lack of respect you have shown to him is a disgrace, He was a player who gave 110% every time he played FOR YOUR TEAM!!! and all you could say was good riddance!.

(that's another one for your ignore list.....PLEASE).

16 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

YOU said no one wants him - signs for a championship club

YOU said we'd have to give him away - received undisclosed fee (doesn't matter what we spend it on, covering costs etc)

The lack of respect you have shown to him is a disgrace, He was a player who gave 110% every time he played FOR YOUR TEAM!!! and all you could say was good riddance!.

(that's another one for your ignore list.....PLEASE).

He's joined that Polls fellow on mine :lol: from zero to two in such a short space of time :( 

Archived