Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

Amazing.

What an oppositional chap you are. But at least consistent.

You're an odd chap aren't you?

FYO information, Hector never ran in straight lines but zigzagged all over the place.

There are lots of different players with lots of different skill sets... My Dad's favourite player has always been Hector as he loved him as a kid... Just because Hector was great doesn't mean all players need to 'zigzag' chief...

So by your yardstick, we should actually be signing Bolt, the fastest man on the planet.

1) We'd never be able to afford to pay him

2) He isn't a footballer

3) He's getting on a bit

4) I know you don't seem to understand basic discussion principles but I'll attempt to explain anyway... Once upon a time in the world of sprinting the field was dominated by smallish, stocky guys... Along cam a chap who was tall and skinny... "You'll never be a good sprinter!" they yelled at him... And yet he went on to show them that you CAN be a good sprinter and be tall... In fact he showed them that you can be the fastest man ever...

The moral of the story is... Just because you are tall... Doesn't mean you can't be fast... 

And here's where it applies to my original post... There are tall footballers... There are fast footballers... There are also tall AND fast footballers... You seem to think there aren't...

7 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

You really need to see a doctor if that's what you look like.

Please don't give up your day job.

Just kidding!!

Some discussion points.

1. You come across as trying too hard to be both whimsical but also make serious points. All at the same time. In every post. It comes across as a bit boring after the first time. If that's your style, fine, you're welcome to post. But it leads me onto point 2...

2. You seem to take offence very easily. If anyone tells you this, as has happened already, there is a mixture of "help!", an attempt to retort back, along with what I assume to be a sarcastic 'just kidding' or 'only joking fella'.

People have different opinions. But just because someone doesn't agree with mine doesn't mean they're calling me a moron. Well, sometimes they do. But then I realise I have a life that isn't dictated by what people say to me on an Internet forum 

worth a thought

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

You're an odd chap aren't you?

There are lots of different players with lots of different skill sets... My Dad's favourite player has always been Hector as he loved him as a kid... Just because Hector was great doesn't mean all players need to 'zigzag' chief...

1) We'd never be able to afford to pay him

2) He isn't a footballer

3) He's getting on a bit

4) I know you don't seem to understand basic discussion principles but I'll attempt to explain anyway... Once upon a time in the world of sprinting the field was dominated by smallish, stocky guys... Along cam a chap who was tall and skinny... "You'll never be a good sprinter!" they yelled at him... And yet he went on to show them that you CAN be a good sprinter and be tall... In fact he showed them that you can be the fastest man ever...

The moral of the story is... Just because you are tall... Doesn't mean you can't be fast... 

And here's where it applies to my original post... There are tall footballers... There are fast footballers... There are also tall AND fast footballers... You seem to think there aren't...

It was just a joke pal. Honest.

Of course you can have any permutation you like.

But seriously, for a start, tall players have a wider turning circle than smaller ones.

Also, they cannot change direction as quickly.

Both are due to them having a higher centre of gravity.

If you're right, then why don't Derby just get a team of rapid giants then? Problem solved.

And please refrain from the unwarranted patronising remarks.

When I respond in kind, you get a right bag on.

Let be friends, eh?

I love to debate.

Plus from the timeline you describe, I've seen much more footy than you. So there. 

16 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

But seriously, for a start, tall players have a wider turning circle than smaller ones.

Also, they cannot change direction as quickly.

Both are due to them having a higher centre of gravity.

You've not done much physics in your life have you? Do you think tall players are like oil tankers?

Have you ever watched basketball? The point guards turn just as quickly as any footballer... They have to as it's part of the game...

And please refrain from the unwarranted patronising remarks.

Nah

When I respond in kind, you get a right bag on.

I don't at all... If you throw a barbed comment I merely respond in kind... That isn't getting 'a right bag on' it's just the law of the internet/playground

17 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Plus from the timeline you describe, I've seen much more footy than you. So there. 

*Slow clap*

Also that's an assumption rather than a known fact chief... Depends how many games a season you see...

24 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Some discussion points.

1. You come across as trying too hard to be both whimsical but also make serious points. All at the same time. In every post. It comes across as a bit boring after the first time. If that's your style, fine, you're welcome to post. But it leads me onto point 2...

2. You seem to take offence very easily. If anyone tells you this, as has happened already, there is a mixture of "help!", an attempt to retort back, along with what I assume to be a sarcastic 'just kidding' or 'only joking fella'.

People have different opinions. But just because someone doesn't agree with mine doesn't mean they're calling me a moron. Well, sometimes they do. But then I realise I have a life that isn't dictated by what people say to me on an Internet forum 

worth a thought

Well chap, it looks like you have really taken the time to look through all my posts. Wow, I'm impressed!!

Or should I be wary instead?

For starters, when I respond to a valid comment, I never set out to insult the poster. Ever.

However, if somebody has a go to try and score points, then I reserve the right to have a go back. Funny or serious as the case may be.

Having only recently joined , I reckon I have written some bloody good posts on here, which some of the more discerning members seem to readily appreciate.

But not you, I assume?

If I want to be both serious and humorous at once, then I will be. Thanks very much. If you don't like that, simply ignore my posts. It comes easily to me, so I'll stick with it. 

In a number of my posts, I have been completely serious and made numerous valid points, which have then received positive feedback. 

TBH, there are some right mardy types on here too who really seem to take themselves seriously.

I'm just not one of them.

There also seems to be a sort of perverse culture prevailing, where if somebody has a dig or does a funny, the recipient isn't supposed to respond.

Well, this one does.

Sincerely, no offence taken or intended. 

BTW, there is really no need to number each point. I mean, what's the point? We can all read, I hope. 

I'm glad you have a life away from this forum. So do I.

Honestly, I didn't join this forum expecting to have to respond to this type of personal criticism. It's a waste of time IMO.

So let's just stick to the football please.

Up the Rams!!

52 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

You've not done much physics in your life have you? Do you think tall players are like oil tankers?

Have you ever watched basketball? The point guards turn just as quickly as any footballer... They have to as it's part of the game...

Nah

I don't at all... If you throw a barbed comment I merely respond in kind... That isn't getting 'a right bag on' it's just the law of the internet/playground

*Slow clap*

Also that's an assumption rather than a known fact chief... Depends how many games a season you see...

Do stop calling me chief, please matey.

Or I might revert to calling you the other name again.

Why oh why are all your comments couched in so much bile and sarcasm, when you clearly don't like it back?

From your very first reply, you have never had a good word to say, even if other people are being positive to exactly the same post.

Keyboard warrior you certainly are.

If you dislike my posts that much, do us both a favour and just ignore them.

It's that simple.

If I really wanted to let rip on here, it could get us both banned. So let's chill, eh?

Friends?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

And several boring "I'm so chill" essays later... everyone else is like:

enhanced-25042-1461371992-1.png

Unfortunately, I think you're just an incurable bully.

You know it too, don't you big boy?

This actually looks like you're trying to force me out, judging by the cartoon. 

And no, I'm certainly not leaving, especially now I know there are actually some decent people on here.

I do think that you should be more careful what you post on here.

How can someone like you purport to be a Rams fan.

God help us. 

4 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Unfortunately, I think you're just an incurable bully.

You know it too, don't you big boy?

This actually looks like you're trying to force me out, judging by the cartoon. 

And no, I'm certainly not leaving, especially now I know there are actually some decent people on here.

*sigh* 

I'm really starting to despair... You spend every post telling us how you can take a joke followed by proceeding to rant about people bullying you...

You complain about my patronising tone yet seem to misunderstand when I'm not even being very subtle... so here we go:

No... I am not trying to force you out... in any way shape or form... In fact I tried to explain to you when you first joined that the internet and by extension this forum has a certain level of brutality which you just get used to... The above post specifically referenced EVERYONE ELSE leaving... not you... Hence why I said:

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

And several boring "I'm so chill" essays later... everyone else is like:

enhanced-25042-1461371992-1.png

9 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

How can someone like you purport to be a Rams fan.

I apologise that you seem to think only people who 100% wholeheartedly agree with you are allowed to include themselves as Derby fans... 

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

*sigh* 

I'm really starting to despair... You spend every post telling us how you can take a joke followed by proceeding to rant about people bullying you...

You complain about my patronising tone yet seem to misunderstand when I'm not even being very subtle... so here we go:

No... I am not trying to force you out... in any way shape or form... In fact I tried to explain to you when you first joined that the internet and by extension this forum has a certain level of brutality which you just get used to... The above post specifically referenced EVERYONE ELSE leaving... not you... Hence why I said:

I apologise that you seem to think only people who 100% wholeheartedly agree with you are allowed to include themselves as Derby fans... 

You getting the willies or what?

That's EXACTLY what you meant and you know it sunshine.

Trying to dig yourself out of a hole now?

I don't give a ff what you think TBH.

I still despair that someone as vindictive as you could pretend to be a Derby fan.

No I don't expect everybody to agree with me. Genuine debate is fine. Spiteful one-upmanship  isn't.

It's your arrogant tone and nasty phrasing that I take offence at, because it something you do deliberately.

Eh, cocker?

Archived