Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

We haven't gained anything from this transfer. Loyalty bonuses ect are covered. Look at the Wigan story on their website, a fee isn't mentioned at all. 

omission of mentioning it doesn't make it not be there.

plus not making anything on it bit having the loyalty bonusses etc covered are a contradiction. If they've been covered we haven't had to pay them because the "fee received" has covered those costs.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Farewell to a cult hero, meant in the best possible terms rather than to make fun.

Not always the best, never the worst, but he always put in his utmost effort. Also played through a number of knocks and scrapes, and always looked like he understood the importance of putting on the club's shirt, with no intention of ever letting it go easily.

Favourite moment, that draw against Wednesday when we were crap under McClaren a couple of years back?

And also that great video of Simon Cox running into him like he's a brick wall and going to ground, Bucko unmoved, which will always make me smile.

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

We haven't gained anything from this transfer. Loyalty bonuses ect are covered. Look at the Wigan story on their website, a fee isn't mentioned at all. 

3 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

Fee would be to cover as SDSR has mentioned above... Just like when we bought Albentosa out of his contract... There would be money (ie, a 'fee') to cover from the final year of Bucko's contract...

Plus letting a player who has been a loyal servant of the club for 7 (?) years so he can go off and get some first team football and a nice solid contract to see him into the future after football is the honourable thing to do...

1 minute ago, Kennington Ram said:

And also that great video of Simon Cox running into him like he's a brick wall and going to ground, Bucko unmoved, which will always make me smile.

That the one against Forest when he leans in with the shoulder as the dude comes towards him? Brutal and brilliant...

Also is that Kennington Oxford or London?

2 minutes ago, davenportram said:

omission of mentioning it doesn't make it not be there.

plus not making anything on it bit having the loyalty bonusses etc covered are a contradiction. If they've been covered we haven't had to pay them because the "fee received" has covered those costs.

But I'd say covering those costs isn't really getting money for the transfer though? I was told it was a free transfer about a week ago, but Buxton was deciding on his move, so it was down to him and the clubs had agreed the terms. Maybe somethings changed, but I think Wigan not saying anything on their site is key to be honest.

I am glad Jake learned to play football with Derby  ,McClaren,,brought the best out of a talented squad,

Or was it shortsighted people,calling,players not good enough for the rams,and bemoaning players brought on the cheap from Scotland.wanting academy players,in the side,but showing no patience,with them, A squad.,was built to enable Derby to move forward,Buxton was a free,brought because his qualities  were recognised by Clough,and the service he gave to the club,was excellent,The skill of running a football club,and finding talent ,does not bode well with mcClaren.

Coaching is his talent,       Buxton  our best wishes are with you

Thankyou for everything Buckenbauer

My favourite player in my time of watching the Rams, really hope he is appreciated by the Wigan fans, they don't know yet just how lucky they are.

Time for him to move on for his own sake but he'll always be welcome in Derby and he's going to get one hell of a reception when he returns home. 

Hope after he retires he can return in some capacity (maybe lead us to European glory????)

Sad day

Just now, cheron85 said:

That the one against Forest when he leans in with the shoulder as the dude comes towards him? Brutal and brilliant...

Also is that Kennington Oxford or London?

Kennington London. Although I've since moved, so it's basically just the least useful name possible now.

Here's the video. I could watch this all day:

Just now, Sammy1946 said:

I like how people frantically trying to prove that we have received at least a measly penny for our "cult hero". It is so miserable. Glad he is gone. 

I like how you've spent weeks insisting no one would be interested in Buxton and that we wouldn't receive a penny for him. Now he's moved to a fellow Championship team for an undisclosed fee you're still trying to argue that point. I hope the 1946 in your name is linked with the FA Cup win and not your age, because if it is you really do need to grow up.

2 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

I like how people frantically trying to prove that we have received at least a measly penny for our "cult hero". It is so miserable. Glad he is gone. 

I like how you said no one was/would be interested in him and now he's signed for someone...

Get a grip chief

5 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

Kennington London. Although I've since moved, so it's basically just the least useful name possible now.

Here's the video. I could watch this all day:

Have just been watching it on loop and giggling at my desk... People are giving me funny looks...

Ahhhhh well as a current Kennington resident I just wondered.

4 minutes ago, Sammy1946 said:

You're beginning to sound like a petulant child craving attention. We get it, you don't rate Buxton and glad he's gone.

1 hour ago, AutoWindscreens said:

Yes, Keogh's free kick made me chuckle.

Walking back ten steps for a long run-up, all the while surveying his options .... followed by blasting the ball at arse height into the attacker just yards away. Golden memories.

Perhaps its from studying clips like these that young Tom Ince has perfected his corner taking technique...:lol:

10 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

I am glad Jake learned to play football with Derby  ,McClaren,,brought the best out of a talented squad,

Or was it shortsighted people,calling,players not good enough for the rams,and bemoaning players brought on the cheap from Scotland.wanting academy players,in the side,but showing no patience,with them, A squad.,was built to enable Derby to move forward,Buxton was a free,brought because his qualities  were recognised by Clough,and the service he gave to the club,was excellent,The skill of running a football club,and finding talent ,does not bode well with mcClaren.

Coaching is his talent,       Buxton  our best wishes are with you

Seriously, is there a chance that you could rewrite this so that it is understandable. If English isn't your first language then fine. 

Archived