Buxton - Confirmed to Wigan Athletic

Flaps

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Rams1956fan said:

Buxton, is too small, too slow, and not Good enough standard to be in our team anymore. Today's young fast forwards all look about 6 ft 13" he's just a very good none league player.

I agree with all of the above apart from this bit 'Buxton, is too small, too slow, and not Good enough standard to be in our team anymore. Today's young fast forwards all look about 6 ft 13" he's just a very good none league player.'

3 hours ago, Rams1956fan said:

Buxton, is too small, too slow, and not Good enough standard to be in our team anymore. Today's young fast forwards all look about 6 ft 13" he's just a very good none league player.

Tripe

10 hours ago, Rams1956fan said:

Very funny.

Anybody who is over 7 feet tall as you describe, cannot be fast over short distances as their stride is too long.

That is the body of loper and jumper, a basketball player's physique.

However, at times, he did struggle in the air against tall forwards.

With his two footed ability to hit quick accurate long passes allied to his tough tackling, I think he would still make a really good defensive midfielder.

BUT, you are missing what else he brought to our team - PASSION.

If you don't think that's important, as a direct comparison, trying reading new Chelsea manager Conte's opinion of what John Terry brings to their squad "whether playing or not playing." Surprise, surprise - passion!!! That's exactly why Conte wants to keep him there. 

So anyway, how many big club sides and national teams have you managed to make your opinion more valid than his on this subject? 

2 hours ago, satty atwal said:

Why does this keep popping up at top of the news feed? Very annoying. He left days ago.... lets move on :(

You're quite right chap.

It should be moved to its own slot.

Most of our players are leg ends.... while JAKE WAS A LEGEND.

On 30/07/2016 at 17:16, Robbie Ram said:

Very funny.

Anybody who is over 7 feet tall as you describe, cannot be fast over short distances as their stride is too long.

I would imagine he meant 6 ft 3... At least I would hope so...

And the fastest man in the world is 6ft 4 in an event traditionally dominated by guys under 6ft...

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I would imagine he meant 6 ft 3... At least I would hope so...

And the fastest man in the world is 6ft 4 in an event traditionally dominated by guys under 6ft...

Think he was just trying to be funny.

Presumably you mean a sprinter?

Unfortunately, football isn't played in straight lines is it?

Otherwise Usain Bolt would be halfway down the A52 before a ball was kicked.

As the bishop said to the actress, four inches is nothing baby!!

3 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Think he was just trying to be funny.

As the bishop said to the actress, four inches is nothing baby!!

Brilliant...

5 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Unfortunately, football isn't played in straight lines is it?

Yet so many coaches refer to a players 'straight line speed'... Odd that isn't it?

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Brilliant...

Yet so many coaches refer to a players 'straight line speed'... Odd that isn't it?

Amazing.

What an oppositional chap you are. But at least consistent.

What , like "Mister Stats" aka the pedant PC?

FYO information, Hector never ran in straight lines but zigzagged all over the place.

So by your yardstick, we should actually be signing Bolt, the fastest man on the planet.

FFS, get real dude.

BTW. The latest "straight liner" we had was Dean Sturridge.

But Kevin scored a few more goals, as I recall. 

On 7/30/2016 at 17:16, Robbie Ram said:

Very funny.

That is the body of loper and jumper, a basketball player's physique.

However, at times, he did struggle in the air against tall forwards.

With his two footed ability to hit quick accurate long passes allied to his tough tackling, I think he would still make a really good defensive midfielder.

BUT, you are missing what else he brought to our team - PASSION.

If you don't think that's important, as a direct comparison, trying reading new Chelsea manager Conte's opinion of what John Terry brings to their squad "whether playing or not playing." Surprise, surprise - passion!!! That's exactly why Conte wants to keep him there. 

So anyway, how many big club sides and national teams have you managed to make your opinion more valid than his on this subject? 

I knew you'd write a good post eventually.  

11 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Love you.

Give us a kiss big boy. Tongues allowed. Nice 'n' deep.

With no silly yellow faces though...

that look like you've just had a stroke.

Tbh i think that's out of order. I think you need to apologise. Eddie right or wrong is well respected on here and deserves a bit of respect from you.

18 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Tbh i think that's out of order. I think you need to apologise. Eddie right or wrong is well respected on here and deserves a bit of respect from you.

Aw shucks.

So sorry, funny man.

Gritters, you are right.

Blancmange versus knuckledusters is just not fair.

Archived