Picture where you, and your knee are now.

froggg

43 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

We stayed in the centre about 8/9yrs ago and I can recommend a decent restaurant if it's still there that is. It was at the top main street on the left hand side which I think is imaginatively called Bar St. It was called Flambè. They cooked certain dishes at your table which I thought was quite good and something different. I was a bit naive back then and didn't realise what flambè meant so when they ignited the alcohol in the dish I lurched backwards on my chair and nearly fell off it. The Missus still takes the piss out of me about it now. If it's still there it's worth a visit. :thumbsup:

Edit: Sorry just googled it like I should have done before I posted this and it appears it has closed. Maybe @reveldevil can recommend some places as his knowledge is better and more up to date than mine.

It burnt down mate.

On 20/04/2018 at 13:01, Steve How Hard? said:

Bottle of Richards finest. If we don't win tomorrow I'm gonna down the bugger in one. :blink:

20180420_125515.thumb.jpg.96a7bcd2b6e743dab07c001e595b2312.jpg

11 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

Get it down you Zulu warrior,

Get it down you Zulu Chief, chief, chief

Bloody Rowett, I've got a stinking headache this morning and I think my liver is about to pack up too.:blink:

20180422_102827.thumb.jpg.7759a0da8213adacbffdfba518fc2f1d.jpg

On 21/04/2018 at 06:51, Steve How Hard? said:

We stayed in the centre about 8/9yrs ago and I can recommend a decent restaurant if it's still there that is. It was at the top main street on the left hand side which I think is imaginatively called Bar St. It was called Flambè. They cooked certain dishes at your table which I thought was quite good and something different. I was a bit naive back then and didn't realise what flambè meant so when they ignited the alcohol in the dish I lurched backwards on my chair and nearly fell off it. The Missus still takes the piss out of me about it now. If it's still there it's worth a visit. :thumbsup:

Edit: Sorry just googled it like I should have done before I posted this and it appears it has closed. Maybe @reveldevil can recommend some places as his knowledge is better and more up to date than mine.

Ficardos restaurant is very good, up near the Olympic Lagoon hotel where most of the decent hotels are.

https://m.facebook.com/FicardoRestaurant/?locale2=en_GB

There is an Indian restaurant called Namaste too, having never had a decent Asian meal when abroad I wasn't hopeful, but we went in a party of 16 and to a man said it was the best Indian restaurant we'd ever eaten at.

http://namaste-indian-restaurant.business.site

One of our party was Indian, and she said it was better than her mum's cooking. She also said she'd kill us if we repeated that to her mum. About 100yds up the hill from Bar St.

Also just remembered the Old Fishing Shack, on the next street uphill from Bar St. 

First place I ever tried La Chouffe, has so much choice its unreal, and a real expert running it.

https://m.facebook.com/theoldfishingshack

• 2 weeks later...