Picture where you, and your knee are now.

froggg

Paphos in Cyprus. Typical of my luck that it's meant to be cracking the flags back in Blighty. Don't usually go away during the footy season but our form has been that dire, I needed something to take my mind off it. Bit of warm weather training. Back next to week to boo vociferously. :ph34r:

20180419_100530.thumb.jpg.821efc5adf3536b0bc2c890ce9d25436.jpg 

Edited by Steve How Hard?
typo

23 hours ago, eddie said:

Watching Chris Gayle hit a fantastic hundred in the IPL.

Unfortunately, from home.

What a hundred it was too. I've been to see RCB this season and going to see RCB v KKR next week. Cracking atmosphere.

In my (adopted) local watching the cricket.

15242393809161752843382.jpg

1 hour ago, froggg said:

Will be in pathos in June for 28th wedding anniversary and will no doubt sample? any craft ale about in pathos?

I'm staying at an all inclusive resort (Aphrodite Hills)  just outside Paphos itself so haven't been in the centre sorry. The Keo brandy isn't too bad. Didn't realise they did a brandy as well as the lager. It has a bit of a toffee flavour to it when you drink it neat.

6 hours ago, froggg said:

Will be in pathos in June for 28th wedding anniversary and will no doubt sample? any craft ale about in pathos?

Yes. 

The Wooden Pub 1&2.

One in the harbour area, one on Tomb of the Kings Rd.

Good selection of bottled craft ales, locally brewed ales and ciders and tasting paddles available.

The cider one is surprisingly good.

In addition, local stores seem to stock a surprisingly diverse range of world beers at a decent price, at least the ones I've been in do.

14 hours ago, froggg said:

We stayed in the centre about 8/9yrs ago and I can recommend a decent restaurant if it's still there that is. It was at the top main street on the left hand side which I think is imaginatively called Bar St. It was called Flambè. They cooked certain dishes at your table which I thought was quite good and something different. I was a bit naive back then and didn't realise what flambè meant so when they ignited the alcohol in the dish I lurched backwards on my chair and nearly fell off it. The Missus still takes the piss out of me about it now. If it's still there it's worth a visit. :thumbsup:

Edit: Sorry just googled it like I should have done before I posted this and it appears it has closed. Maybe @reveldevil can recommend some places as his knowledge is better and more up to date than mine.

Edited by Steve How Hard?