Hull City vs Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

This is pretty amazing. Makes Saturday's performance all the more bizarre.

Bris it just shows the fine margins between success and failure ... Own goal for us own goal for them. We actually only managed two shots on target so didn't stretch them that much more than on Saturday. It was tight, and maybe a few tweaks in team selection and a bit of luck either way. That's football. We didn't win overall of course but boy did we get our pride back. 

The opposite of Saturday today in so many ways, played so so well. Gave it everything they had tonight, all of them looked dead at the end.

So sad from that Hull fan though, he needs banning.

Very proud with the pride and grit the Rams showed tonight. After the horrid first leg, they very easily could have come out in this with no effort whatsoever and got beaten handedly again. Great support as well from those that went, great to see and hear.

Next season we go at it again.

COYR.

halifaxram

Very proud of my team again, if any criticism, perhaps should have subbed a little earlier when some were running out of steam, but a minor point. I would sooner lose like that, rather than win with a half-hearted effort. This, binds me to the team. Supporters excellent, you were amazing.

Great first half. Proud of that effort. Nothing in the second half, players understandably knackered, especially in midfield. Substitutes ineffective. Not enough penetration, nobody willing to shoot. A lack of pace. But a valiant effort I suppose. How bad was that Bryson miss??

And so.... a season that promised so much with a change of emphasis and style, fresh faces, all went to pot and we're now back to the same old, same old. Big summer ahead. Time for me to rest up now. Come back refreshed next season. But Wassall shouldn't be in charge.

I'm staying in Hull overnight. More beer needed.

See you's next season. UTR

I thought hendrick was fantastic in the holding role today. Did really well at recycling the ball and getting us going again and again. He looked strong too.

Certainly did himself no harm for next season. We would be made to get rid of him.

PistoldPete2
Just now, Papahet said:

Gutted, seriously thought we'd do it in the second half.

Hughes is far too good for this level.

No I thought we wouldn't manage it , after all hull were at home and just had to hang on. but before the game  I thought w ecould get blown away and am actually very happy we didn't. 

I think tonight summed up what it's like to be a Derby fan.

I am pleased they gave it a go and it was nice to see the passion from the manager.

I think he has done a good job but we need make changes, including the manager.

I hope he gets a big pay rise and the thanks he deserves

We need to ship out a few and  bring in more dangerous forwards.

I'd let Ince go for a pound.

Our failures will only serve to make winning the Premier league all the sweeter!

Archived