Hull City vs Derby County

Chris Mills

I can't help feeling this says something about our attitude 

The team fought last night, they sweated, they battled, they worked for each other. They anticipated ball movement instead of waiting for it to arrive at their feet. Ok so it was a particular occasion and 100% every game with your gonads hanging out might not be possible ... But instead of seeing sound 90% performances week in week out we are seeing halfhearted "just turn up" efforts far too often. Can't help feeling management and dressing room need to look hard at themselves and sort it out because we drop out of gear and coast far to often. Get it right and we could win the league with this group of players

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

A simply magnificent performance. Very proud of the players & coaching team. Some of the comments on here earlier were disgraceful. What is Darren Wassalls actual record since he took over?

It improved over time, first off we did not lose at home but lost virtually every away game

Managers without jobs probably watched Derby last night and thought that we are a good option. Stable club with great facilities. 

The real problem is fixing the 'did not turn up issue'.

It is a three year old problem.

It is probably not the managers or the ownership or the fans as it has persisted despite changes.

It appears to be embedded in the psyche of the team ethic.

My best guess is that players who do not perform have not been dropped quick enough so have great felt no need to get it right every game. If I was not in the starting eleven on saturday and could not get on the pitch when we were playing so badly, I for one would have a problem with it.

Ranieri was asked what would happen if any of your players stopped working so hard. He replied that they would not be in the team!!!

Anyone else just sat at work in awe of that performance, I'm still oozing with pride today. Great performance and atmosphere to suit last night, lost my voice, sore throat and hardly had any sleep but who cares? Their defence was literally terrified, we were on fire!

I was at the match last night and went with the thoughts of that as long as we restored some pride in our performance I would go home happy. I went home in a state of delirious joy and pride at the way we set about that display of football,reminiscent of the last play offs. Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick were magnificent, Hughes came out for the 2nd half, turned to the fans and acknowledged our support by waving his arms up to us to keep our noise levels up, he is Derby and hope to god hes gives us one more shot at it next season. Each and every one of them put a shift in  and its such a shame we were so poor on Saturday. The fans didn't stop singing all night, even through the half time break! My only disapointment was that when I got home I found that the match hadn't recorded! I set it up ready on saturday. Does anyone know if Man U game replaced ours on Sky sports 1 and we got bumped onto another channel? Can't think of any other explanation than that and now I can't watch it again, and again and....... I know, I need to get out more

So bittersweet. I'd written us off but my, oh my - over the moon we went down all gun's blazing.

Two key "if only moments" for me:

1) Hull scoring their third with last kick of the game

2) Bryson not connecting with Martin's cross right in front of goal.

Fair play though - really feeling the love for DCFC today. 

Was at the game last night , currently sipping honey and lemon to get my voice back , what a monumental performance from the lads , and the supporters , what can i say that hasnt already been said , ive never heard anything like it two and a half thousand people sounded like a full house at the ipro in full voice. Unlucky Darren , thank you for your efforts ,go back to the academy with your head held high. A message for Mel , please lock Hughesy in a cupboard somewhere , feed and water him and dont let him out till August , what a performance from a very talented footballer

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Hull's attendance last night 20,470. Shocking.

2,309 of us. Sounded like a lot more!

It was 2,309 B4s though.

Played well with the old squad==Martin-Russell-Bryson-,Hendricks--Hughes-Keogh--Shackell .had a good game,with Weiman ,Carson enjoyed a quiet night.and Christie,blew hot and cold.

Ince was poor.. Old Bent gets a average of 5 minutes to score a goal,   The other players bought to make a difference,

Didn't a good effort from the team,on the night.But just papering over the cracks.

Championship football next season,and millions wasted

I just wanted us to put in a performance last night and regain some pride, dignity and respect. They certainly delivered.

The 97th minute goal on Saturday killed us and the major frustration this season has been knowing how good we can be when we turn up.

1 hour ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I was at the match last night and went with the thoughts of that as long as we restored some pride in our performance I would go home happy. I went home in a state of delirious joy and pride at the way we set about that display of football,reminiscent of the last play offs. Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick were magnificent, Hughes came out for the 2nd half, turned to the fans and acknowledged our support by waving his arms up to us to keep our noise levels up, he is Derby and hope to god hes gives us one more shot at it next season. Each and every one of them put a shift in  and its such a shame we were so poor on Saturday. The fans didn't stop singing all night, even through the half time break! My only disapointment was that when I got home I found that the match hadn't recorded! I set it up ready on saturday. Does anyone know if Man U game replaced ours on Sky sports 1 and we got bumped onto another channel? Can't think of any other explanation than that and now I can't watch it again, and again and....... I know, I need to get out more

That's exactly what happened, bumped onto SS2.

It's all my fault that we didn't go through by the way.

I was on an appointment for most of the first half. I got into the pub at the start of the second half and as I walked in, Bryson looked at me and miscued his shot.

Once I took my seat the team looked heavier and resigned to their fate.

I knew I should have gone straight home!

22 hours ago, angieram said:

Could you hear us on the telly? Sang ourselves hoarse and got applauded by all the Hull fans. 

I was sat near the divide. They were absolutely terrified by us!

Well done, and here's hoping the hoarse is OK. I've not heard anything from any of my Hull family yet so respect to them for not rubbing it in. I will catch up with my folks at the weekend who will be planning on going to Wembley. I'm sure neither will want to take my Aberdeen to London return megabus ticket off my hands, and I'm sure they will be looking at flights and hotels etc. I've had better weeks in my life, Saturday Rams lost, Sunday West Ham lost to poxy Stoke City, I had £20 on West Ham at 25/1 to finnish top 6. Monday I receive letter that I'm up for Redundancy at Work. Tuesday Rams are so close, but not close enough to cheering me up. Wednesday it's p1ssing it down.........hope Thursday improves my mood, probably get knocked down by a singing Hoarse giving it....."We Are Derby Super Derby, Super Rams"

Archived