Hull City vs Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Squid said:

Derby 80/1 for 4-0 win. And 50/1 for promotion with Skybet. 

What are the odds on us to win the tie? Might throw away a tenner on it. Be one of the greatest comebacks ever 

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Derby 80/1 for 4-0 win. And 50/1 for promotion with Skybet. 

that makes no sense at all.

To get promoted wed have to get a 4-0 and then win at Wembley, or a 3-0 and et or penalties.

Surely the chances of doing both has to be less than just getting past hull?

50 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Well IF we are serious we need to play the game of our lives. I'm going for us to win 4 - 0 :lol:.

I think an early goal for us and anything could happen.  Stranger things have happened at sea.

A bit of a waste of time if you ask me. So is my post.

Blackman hat trick and a Snodgrass own goal. 

5 minutes ago, davenportram said:

that makes no sense at all.

To get promoted wed have to get a 4-0 and then win at Wembley, or a 3-0 and et or penalties.

Surely the chances of doing both has to be less than just getting past hull?

Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 21.43.39.png

1 minute ago, Squid said:

Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 21.43.39.png

what are the odds on us getting a 3-0 win and win on ET or penalties (the most likely way to get through) it appears,the bookies think that if we get passed Hull they will make us odds on favourites - otherwise the odds on us getting promoted would be longer than us getting past hull.

6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

what are the odds on us getting a 3-0 win and win on ET or penalties (the most likely way to get through) it appears,the bookies think that if we get passed Hull they will make us odds on favourites - otherwise the odds on us getting promoted would be longer than us getting past hull.

40/1 to win 3-0

Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 21.57.27.png

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I can't see how we can be 50-1 for promotion when we are 200-1 to get past hull in ET, 120-1 for penalties and 80-1 or longer to do it in normal time.

We must be favourites to win the final if we get there.

I have gone from being amazed at the ineptitude of the performance once Hull scored to total confusion as to why it really happened. My best guess is that they knew they had to score first and would probably not get it back if they lost the first goal. BJ and Shackell to blame for the first one but unlucky for the second and totally remiss for the third. It was so bad that we are not far short of a laughing stock, to be confirmed if we do not turn up on tuesday.

I was suspicious after 5 minutes but I knew after 15 minutes that we were not going to win if we continued to play in the same vein as what we started in.

Can we put 'Arry on the touchline next to wassall for this one ??. I dont like him being on the phone in the stands, if him being on the touchline giving orders gives us an extra 2% then we should do it. If he's with us to aid Wass then he should be beside him aiding him on a match day not just on the training ground and in the stands

I for one have recovered from the game yesterday. I am a Derby County fan and always will be. Every player tried to do what they could and at the end of the day, we came up short. We lost a goal through match unfitness, a goal through a deflection that could easily have gone for a corner and a third goal when we were trying to reduce the deficit. We did not expect to be outplayed, Darren Wassall did not expect it and neither did the Derby or Hull players. So put it down to experience. Mel was right, we do not want to go up until we have a really good chance of staying up. He sees the longer term plan. It is Mel who has bought the club and is in it for the long haul. So let's get behind Mel and settle down again. We must not let Darren Wassall leave the Club, we need him here at the Academy. Whatever happens on tuesday is what happens. We are fighting for pride like Darren Wassall said. So lets get behind the team and staff as best as we can. Three of the Play Off sides are not going up. All the best to Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday and Hull City. We are Derby County COYR  :thumbsup::D:):cool::thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Rampage said:

I for one have recovered from the game yesterday. I am a Derby County fan and always will be. Every player tried to do what they could and at the end of the day, we came up short. We lost a goal through match unfitness, a goal through a deflection that could easily have gone for a corner and a third goal when we were trying to reduce the deficit. We did not expect to be outplayed, Darren Wassall did not expect it and neither did the Derby or Hull players. So put it down to experience. Mel was right, we do not want to go up until we have a really good chance of staying up. He sees the longer term plan. It is Mel who has bought the club and is in it for the long haul. So let's get behind Mel and settle down again. We must not let Darren Wassall leave the Club, we need him here at the Academy. Whatever happens on tuesday is what happens. We are fighting for pride like Darren Wassall said. So lets get behind the team and staff as best as we can. Three of the Play Off sides are not going up. All the best to Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday and Hull City. We are Derby County COYR  :thumbsup::D:):cool::thumbsup:

Well said Rampage, sounds like you've been taking lessons off B4.

Archived