Hull City vs Derby County

Chris Mills

3 minutes ago, robglosta said:

You do realise players aren't machines? They ran themselves into the ground. 

The phrase you missed was "at times". Not taking a throw quickly, or a freekick, to put them off balance and on the back foot. Not showing for the ball and sometimes passing along the back instead of moving forward. I don't mean throughout the match. Perhaps I should have said "occasionally" instead of "at times".

I agree the players ran themselves into the ground but that's just an indication of the terrible management to not make a voluntary substitution until the 83rd minute. Is he having a laugh? It's a 14-a-side game, especially when the players are putting so much effort in, but Wassall decided not to bother using his bench.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, angieram said:

Could you hear us on the telly? Sang ourselves hoarse and got applauded by all the Hull fans. 

I was sat near the divide. They were absolutely terrified by us!

You full fans who made the trip were bl**dy brilliant and never stopped singing. Excellent job.

The old guard midfield of Bryson, Hughes and Hendrick have put the pride back in the club, all three immense!

Kept the ball, high tempo, slick passing, intelligent movement, constantly on the front foot, full backs bombing on, pressing high up the pitch and that my friends is probably what is meant by the "Derby way" !

The damage was done Saturday, we've wasted 13 million on players who had no part to play in tonight's display and Wassell got it completely wrong selection wise on Saturday!

Who knows what's going to happen during the summer, management or player wise, but I know one thing...........this grumpy old git will still be at the Ipro in August following the ups and downs, the highs and lows, the expectations and disappointments of this great football club and that my friends is definitely the "Derby way"

Hope that 32 carat muppet gets a life ban. Some plank in front of Wass at final whistle too. Every club has them sadly.  I've fancied Sheffield Wed for months, they have a really promising manager. Respect to genuine Hull fans but I feel it'll be Wednesday's Saturday 

Carson - did nothing really

christie - very good, if he could cross properly everyone would want him

keogh - not much to do

Shackle - did what he had to do

Hendrick - tremendous considering he hasn't played for ages

Hughes - quality, I hope he wants to stay

Bryson - so much effort hull couldn't get near him

martin - decent without looking like scoring

weiman - fitted in today what a weird season

russell - gives so much effort but looked shattered after 60 mins  

subs 

bent - not on the pitch long enough

ince - apparently he was on the pitch which coincided with us not having the ball

camara - hello! Extra time might have been interesting

Wassall - better and thank you for trying, hopefully he can return to the academy and help the new manager with how we can play and who can actually do it.

.... And a big up to Weimann. Thought 'clucking bell' when he got injured, am sure that's what made the difference. I've respect for Wass,he wants the best for our club but agree Camara should have been given a hell of a lot longer, he's got pace

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

keogh - not much to do

subs 

ince - apparently he was on the pitch which coincided with us not having the ball

Wassall - better and thank you for trying, hopefully he can return to the academy and help the new manager with how we can play and who can actually do it.

Spot on.

The Away fans were awesome. the source i watched in on - every time the hull fans started the Derby sang them down.

2 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

As well as we played tonight do not forget this is the same set of players that have failed to play to this standard enough games during the 46 game season.

Changes are needed

Yes, but can we leave it for another day?

2 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

As well as we played tonight do not forget this is the same set of players that have failed to play to this standard enough games during the 46 game season.

Changes are needed

Yes and no in my mind, when we have had the likes of Johnson butterfield and Blackman on the pitch we have looked usually poor only butterfields goals give him some credit. Those two injuries at Bolton caused chaos 

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

keogh - not much to do

subs 

For Olssen, see Christie.

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

keogh - not much to do

subs 

Agree .. I think though a bit more needs to be said about Martin. He got off his backside and fought tooth and nail .. Blimey he was running down the left wing at one point. He'd be a better player if he applied himself like that a little more often rather than some of his admittedly clever gamesmanship that skirts a fine line at times. 

Archived