Hull City vs Derby County

Chris Mills

Carson - ok tonight but anyway to slow. he should have got the first goal in the first game against Hull.

Christie - very good - good energi and fine crosses

Keogh - decent - I would keep him next year too.

Shackell - good in the air - but too slow nowadays.

Olsson - decent - we need better and Craig Forsyth for sure a lit better player.

Bryson - a very fine player - would always be in my team.

Hendrick - good tonoght a still one for the future. Should tonight have been replaced late in second by Butterfield who's got a lovely shoot.

Thorne - why in hell was he risked against Ipswich - if we had got him against Hull we would now have played against Sheff. W at Wembley. He so importan for the team and so unlucky that Hanson got injured too that has cost us deepley late on this season

MARTIN - I think we should keep him next ywar he has still a lit to offer but mostly we playe him wrong

Ruusel - i love - what a fighter we need more players like him .

Ince - has still a lot too prove. He too lazy at times. I think we should play him up front as a striker in the midlle then he is dangerous.

Bent and Camara - keep them both and give them more time on the field and the goals will come for sure.

Johnson - was out of form in the first game againt Hull but has quality if played in center of midfield. Could be a greath player next year.

Wassell - not good enough. Too often wrobg teamsellection and tactics. Today Bent too late on, Olsson out too late, Camara on too late, Ince in - wrong decission, Shackell should have been replaced by Buxton who's better and a lot more a goalthreath.

Has too be replaced by Harry Redknapp in my opinion in th next 2-3 weekstime - then we'll go up next year.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, angieram said:

Could you hear us on the telly? Sang ourselves hoarse and got applauded by all the Hull fans. 

I was sat near the divide. They were absolutely terrified by us!

Could hear nothing but you guys, proper proud of our support, my cousin went tonight and he said it was awesome.. got to say a big well done to the one's who stayed positive and loyal, even though we were 3-0 down and looked dead and buried they still went and sang their hearts out, proper supporters and deserve a massive round of applause. 

13 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

This day/night is fine for me I had us to win, and won £140 .

Ha, well done! 

Plenty of time to discuss changes over summer. Im just happy they showed what they can do tonight, even if it was too little too late (just). They put down a marker tonight and can't let that standard drop next season now.

10 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

As well as we played tonight do not forget this is the same set of players that have failed to play to this standard enough games during the 46 game season.

Changes are needed

At last some sense,I have read all the posts since the game ended and have almost lost the will to live. However the changes you want are unlikely to happen with this disaster of an owner/manager.(sorry,can't remember his name). He has got everything wrong all season,I don't know when he took over,the last owner I can remember sold caravans. This bloke has got everything wrong.He should have stuck with Clement,who had got us into the top 2.When he was sacked we were 5th and 5 points from autos.At the end of the season we were 5th and 11 points from the autos. We failed to win the play-offs,and to be honest Unless we have a change of owner we won't make it in the near future,either.. 

Carson - ok tonight but anyway to slow. he should have got the first goal in the first game against Hull.

Christie - very good - good energi and fine crosses

Keogh - decent - I would keep him next year too.

Shackell - good in the air - but too slow nowadays.

Olsson - decent - we need better and Craig Forsyth for sure a lit better player.

Bryson - a very fine player - would always be in my team.

Hendrick - good tonoght a still one for the future. Should tonight have been replaced late in second by Butterfield who's got a lovely shoot.

Thorne - why in hell was he risked against Ipswich - if we had got him against Hull we would now have played against Sheff. W at Wembley. He so importan for the team and so unlucky that Hanson got injured too that has cost us deepley late on this season

MARTIN - I think we should keep him next ywar he has still a lit to offer but mostly we playe him wrong

Ruusel - i love - what a fighter we need more players like him .

Ince - has still a lot too prove. He too lazy at times. I think we should play him up front as a striker in the midlle then he is dangerous.

Bent and Camara - keep them both and give them more time on the field and the goals will come for sure.

Johnson - was out of form in the first game againt Hull but has quality if played in center of midfield. Could be a greath player next year.

Wassell - not good enough. Too often wrobg teamsellection and tactics. Today Bent too late on, Olsson out too late, Camara on too late, Ince in - wrong decission, Shackell should have been replaced by Buxton who's better and a lot more a goalthreath.

Has too be replaced by Harry Redknapp in my opinion in th next 2-3 weekstime - then we'll go up next year.

24 minutes ago, twinthe_12 said:

Blatantly obvious

9 minutes ago, twinthe_12 said:

Will probably be a good idea but I think Flores or Hughton would be better. Would cost a lot of money.

Probably my first and last post All I can say lads and lasses ... well done tonight you where awesome both on and off the pitch, We just never turned up or you didn't let us turn up. No gloating from me, As for the guy who squared up to Keogh at the end Keogh should have knocked him out. Apparently he has supposedly been named and shamed on twitter and hopefully a ban . Good luck next season. I hope we are in the Prem but I have my doubts after tonight.. 

I'm proud to be a Derby fan tonight. We certainly restored some pride but it makes Saturday's performance all the more disappointing.

Big decisions need to be made. Get them right and I see no reason why we can't put up another very good challenge next year. I made a thread questioning whether an overhaul was needed or not as I was interested in seeing how people felt we should move forward following Saturday. I still think it's a case of cutting down the numbers, and bringing in a few. I'm all of a sudden looking forward to next season. I'm confident.

Come on you Rams.

I think tonight's performance raises more questions about this team's character than it answers. Couldn't fault them tonight all over the pitch, but it's definitely easier to do it when you're written off and have nothing to lose, plus Hull were psychologically in the final anyway which definitely effected their game. In a strange way I'm more pi**Ed off after tonight because it could be said that it proves they lacked backbone when it mattered most, i.e on Saturday. How else can you explain tonight? Glorious in defeat is still defeat.

15 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

I think tonight's performance raises more questions about this team's character than it answers. Couldn't fault them tonight all over the pitch, but it's definitely easier to do it when you're written off and have nothing to lose, plus Hull were psychologically in the final anyway which definitely effected their game. In a strange way I'm more pi**Ed off after tonight because it could be said that it proves they lacked backbone when it mattered most, i.e on Saturday. How else can you explain tonight? Glorious in defeat is still defeat.

Its still glorious though?

That certainly made my Tuesday night more interesting. Saved face or restored pride, I don't know, but the glimmers of hope shone through at times tonight. Not sure what's needed to get it right, but despite this pap season, the signs are still there - we can't be that far off, can we?

Summer will be fun.

Quick shoutout to Hendrick who I thought was excellent in that DM role we all know he can't play in. :ph34r:

And Keogh, because he's Captain Fantastic. Positive, direct and effective in both his defending and playmaking.

Also, not read the full thread, but is #ChristheRedeemer back??! Does this count as a Matchday thread win?@Chris Mills

32 minutes ago, cosmic said:

That certainly made my Tuesday night more interesting. Saved face or restored pride, I don't know, but the glimmers of hope shone through at times tonight. Not sure what's needed to get it right, but despite this pap season, the signs are still there - we can't be that far off, can we?

Summer will be fun.

Quick shoutout to Hendrick who I thought was excellent in that DM role we all know he can't play in. :ph34r:

And Keogh, because he's Captain Fantastic. Positive, direct and effective in both his defending and playmaking.

Also, not read the full thread, but is #ChristheRedeemer back??! Does this count as a Matchday thread win?@Chris Mills

I think we need to play with the passion and determination that we showed to night for 46 games then we might be sitting pretty. 

8 hours ago, angieram said:

Could you hear us on the telly? Sang ourselves hoarse and got applauded by all the Hull fans. 

We could hear you angieram. You were all fantastic.  A credit to our club.

8 hours ago, angieram said:

Yep we heard ! Made me so jelous I wasn't there . Well done ! :D

7 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

At last some sense,I have read all the posts since the game ended and have almost lost the will to live. However the changes you want are unlikely to happen with this disaster of an owner/manager.(sorry,can't remember his name). He has got everything wrong all season,I don't know when he took over,the last owner I can remember sold caravans. This bloke has got everything wrong.He should have stuck with Clement,who had got us into the top 2.When he was sacked we were 5th and 5 points from autos.At the end of the season we were 5th and 11 points from the autos. We failed to win the play-offs,and to be honest Unless we have a change of owner we won't make it in the near future,either.. 

Rubbish.

We have just played a team who cost over 40 mill with a manager who had his 200th game for that club. They finished 6 points off the autos.

So what makes you think we would have hit the autos with an experienced manager?.

We was going 1 way with clement, so what if we were in the top two in nov/dec, means **** all. You have no idea where we would of finished if we kept pc.

Brighton was top for most parts of this season, with an experienced manager. How did they get on?

Experienced managers does not mean promotion.

So until pep guadiola, jose mourinho and co want to come to derby we will have to make do with trying to attract the likes of Pearson and co.

I was obviously gutted last night when the full tome whistle went (it’s the hope that kills you) but having slept on it this is the most positive/optimistic I’ve felt following a failure to go up.

Living in London I’ve always tried to make a point of saying “I’m a Derby fan” and making it part of how people identify me. Last night made me really proud to be a Derby fan. I had people texting me throughout the match and colleagues this morning raving about how well we played. 

It’s a shame it wasn’t to be this year but that’s part of the joy of watching football – you sometimes have to wait a while for your moment. Bring on next season, just a shame we have to wait so long.

Archived