Hull City vs Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
3 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Great first half. Proud of that effort. Nothing in the second half, players understandably knackered, especially in midfield. Substitutes ineffective. Not enough penetration, nobody willing to shoot. A lack of pace. But a valiant effort I suppose. How bad was that Bryson miss??

And so.... a season that promised so much with a change of emphasis and style, fresh faces, all went to pot and we're now back to the same old, same old. Big summer ahead. Time for me to rest up now. Come back refreshed next season. But Wassall shouldn't be in charge.

I'm staying in Hull overnight. More beer needed.

See you's next season. UTR

To be fair to Wassall the selections today worked very well... Never understood why weimann wasn't even on the bench on Saturday. One slight quibble players were looking leggy in th second half so I don't know why subs weren't used earlier. Was shouting for butterfield to come on for Bryson ... I think the injury to weiman plus russell being knackered meant we lacked width at the end. Butterfield could give us some decent crosses but hey ho,, we gave it everything. 

Good effort from the lads today. Really think we would have won the tie overall if Weimann didn't get injured. Would have liked to have seen Bent and Camara get at least 25 minutes to do something. Don't know what I'm most shocked about, Hendrick in the cdm position or Wassall's tactics.

11 minutes ago, Kinder said:

And I think we'd have done it if Weimann hadn't got injured - he had a worldy.

Weimann isn't has bad as what we've seen. 

In fact judging on tonight we'd be a real force with the right manager and mentality, it p*sses me off that this group of talented players have been f*cked around with this season, get rid of the rubbish and keep the core we have, proper manager in to manage them and motivate them please Mel. 

So proud of the efforts tonight and I'm going away frustrated and pleased at the same time, pleased that we've shown what we can do but god damn, what would have happened with a proper man at the helm?!?!?!

13 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

End of match, for those that haven't seen the Hull fans.

https://streamable.com/pru7

What a horrid little p*ick

They only just managed it, they didn't make a peep until full time and then start getting in oppositions faces when they've done it. 

I disliked them before the game for being plain but I hope they lose the final.

can't tar all their fans with that little bell end though.

I genuinely think Andreas Weimann has earnt himself another season at Derby tonight. Massively proud of all the players who stepped up, particularly Hendrick and Russell who were fantastic.

I love this team, as well as the club and I'm grateful they reminded us all why we love them tonight after whatever Saturday was.

Onto next season, guess who's got a season ticket in the South Upper :cool:

Almost. Why didn't we play like that the first game? Why did we encourage our players to play so deep the first game? Scratch that. Why do we ever do it? Tonight was the Derby way. We should play our game our way our style every single game. That's how we will get promoted. You can't win them all. Doesn't mean you can't get promoted playing your game. Hughes was in the right place on the pitch. Hendrick was ace in that role. Especially when he was sat in their half. We need to sort out that 3rd center mid role if we are going to persist with it. Forget every other position. We have been persistent in our need for that DM role for 3+ years. But why the hell? Our CB's don't need that kind of deep protection. So why do we do it. Stop playing that player so god damn deep all the time and then we'll finally get promoted. The deeper the player in that position get's the worse we perform. It even happened tonight. It's doing my head in. 

23 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

A tiny bit of pride restored but I don't hold much with the British thing of glorious failure. A miss is as good as a mile. We have an idiot clueless coach. He brings Darren Bent on with 7 minutes to go? Abdul Camara with 30 seconds left!

Both teams had punched themselves out with 20/25 minutes left and were out on their feet. We absolutely had to make the changes then and go for it at that point. They would have been terrified by Camara's pace which would have transformed the game. We had to risk Olsson being removed at that point. As ever, Wassall did not react to the situation and watched and waited without the decisive action that any top coach would have seen..

Because of such poor decision making over and over again we are not going to Wembley.

Of the players, very disappointed by Ince who has flattered to deceive. Bryson will be agonizing over what might have been with that opportunity early in the second half. Well done to the others, though not enough urgency at times.

A special mention for Jeff Hendrick. Great performance having been out for so long and being played out of position because of the stupidity of Thorne's injury. Hendrick, Hughes and Bryson put a good performance in as a trio. Who'd have thought it?

You do realise players aren't machines? They ran themselves into the ground. 

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I stand corrected on Hendrick as a defensive midfielder. He did well.

Proud they went down swinging, but still not happy with the way they crumbled on Saturday.

But he wasn't a DM. Not when we were playing well. He was simply a deeper CM. It all started to not function as well when he went deeper and into what we could call the DM role. At the end of the day that role needs to be gone next season. Either that 3rd Midfielder is a slightly deeper CM or we don't play anyone at all. It's what is holding us back. Too protective for no god damn reason. 

Watched the game on holiday. Brave performance and definitely some pride restored. Hull were poor and didn't know how to deal with a 2-0 half time deficit. Unfortunately, we ran out of legs around 75 minutes. I would like to say good luck in the final to those posters on here who have reminded us of how well Hull played on Saturday, but I'm sorry to say a few herberts giving it large on the pitch to our players earned my total disrespect. Enjoy your day at Wembley and I very much look forward to beating you twice next season. 8-3 to the Rams on aggregate. Roll on 16/17!

Archived