Nervous or Optimistic?

Neither

Happy if we go up via a day out at Wembley, but equally happy to be looking forward to a Championship campaign next season...

Strange isn't it? Maybe its because I've been out of the country so have pretty much missed the last few years.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel confident about the Hull games.  If we can control the tempo as in the other games against them they won't be able to handle us.  There is no real pressure on us this time thankfully and that's in our favor too i think, hopefully we will remain underdogs if we get to the final.  All in all, not nervous, we have an opportunity and if the new found character strength of the side is anything to go by, we will be hard to stop.

14 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Anyone know any of the online betting sites that offer a bet on us not being promoted?

I guess the odds will be weak, but I need something to temper the inevitable diappointment :(

I bet they will not offer 5000/1

Seems like my thinking is along the same lines as several others.

I am looking forward to two tense games, atmosphere will hopefully be good at the iPro tomorrow, although I cannot imagine it will enjoyable unless we score first and play our stuff. And if we get the better of Hull, I will get excited for a potential matchup at Wembley.

However, for some reason in my head, when I think about next season I almost automatically think about us planning for another year in the Championship...and I'm ok with this thought. Either way, I will be ok (but would like us to win tomorrow)

I feel a bit weird about the playoffs, i'm looking forward to the match tomorrow but i'm not nervous in the slightest and i'm not really bothered if we don't win/make the final because i've accepted that the club is on a journey and we will get to the Premier League at some point and eventually establish our place in that league. It's possible that the Thorne injury knocked the stuffing out of me and i just think "eff you football, eff you".

However 'If' we get to Wembley i will no doubt be a nervous wreck.

I don't understand why people hold the belief that because we've beaten them twice already, it won't happen again. Surely it's the opposite? We've beaten them comfortably twice, so why can't we do so again? It's Hull who haven't yet proved they can beat our side. They'll have to up their games that's for sure. If we put in two very similar performances again we'll be at Wembley.

16 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

What are they saying on the Hull sites. Are their fans confident. Just curious. 

Just had a quick look through some Hull forums. Pretty much the same as us.

Some are positive they will win, some say they are worried that Hull have played more games than us due to cup runs and it might come down to fitness/tiredness. Some are spreading the word that Bruce is off to Aston Vile etc.

All in all they are feeling the same as us.

On paper we have the team (if they turn up).

The management have to work their magic and get the team playing just as we know they can.

31 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

What are they saying on the Hull sites. Are their fans confident. Just curious. 

Just had browse through all their forums and have to say not a lot, if anything.

This all depends which Derby side turns up tomorrow and next week.

The side that can play anybody off the park or the side that looks mid table...............

We are certainty very capable of beating Hull in both games and very capable of beating wendies or BHA at Wembley.

COYR

Not really nervous, to qualify that though I have to say that my expectations are low. I think the last two season ends have cast large doubts in my mind for this one. Losing Thorne to injury last week has just compounded these feelings.

Nervous? No!

Optimistic? No!

Dubious? Yes!

Archived