Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Holloway intimated as a joke that Akinfenwa ate his twin. The other presenter nearly wee'd himself.

saw that on Facebook hilarious......when the floodlights went out ten mins to go - after the game  - he asked him if he was worried...he said no bother for him - he grew up playing footie in Hackney and was used to playing in the dark......

My policy regarding our striker issue would be to look to the lower league's/Scotland or loan market to find a new striker who can do the fundamental basics of Martin's holding up role (under the assumption Bent is going, which he should for his own sake). Idea of doing this is that you get more hungry players who understand and appreciate sitting on the bench more than someone like Anichebe or Bent, who've played PL football and think they should be starting in a championship team.

We shouldn't be buying players from the PL/higher championship to be utility men/squad players, it's backfired on us with Baird, Pearce, Bent and Shotton to some extent. You can't bring in those players to be cover, it bloats the squad wages wise and doesn't help team spirit.

My top three transfer targets are: Ayoze Perez (Newcastle), Anthony Knockeart (Brighton), Callum O'Dowda (Oxford).

Would be very happy with any of them.O'Dowda could cost around £1.5 million, Knockeart possibly £3 million to £6 million? Perez around £7 million maybe. They would all really add something to our team, pace, goals, skill and more.

Danny Ings on loan? Can imagine Klopp bringing in a big name or two which will surely leave him down the pecking order. Proven goalscorer at this level and some playing time is bound to help his progression after his injury.

Firstly, we need to bring in a new manager soon. However, we need to take long enough to make the right call, don't rush it as it will hopefully be a long term appointment. My top choices would be Mark Warbuton or Karl Robinson. Then we need to look at the following position, I reckon.

DM (It would be naïve to think another quality option here isn't needed):

• Steve Sidwell

•Daniel Williams

•Jonny Howson

Winger(s):

•Jordan Ibe (loan-to-buy)

•Anthony Knockaert

•Stuart Dallas

ST (Chris Martin just isn't consistent enough as a goal threat or contributor to make us serious contenders)

•Charlie Austin (loan)

•Ross McCormack

•Nicky Ajose, to replace Bent

Carson

Christie       Keogh     Shackell       Forsyth

Thorne/Sidwell

Hendrick       Hughes

Ince                McCormack         Dallas/Ibe

Selling: Roos, Buxton, Shotton, Albentosa, Baird, Johnson, Blackman, Weimann or Camara, Bent

I like the look of Ajose. Gayle would be a great signing, definitely the type of striker we need. I also wouldn't mind Jota. He had a good season at Brentford then for some reason went off on loan. He could be cheap in that circumstance.

56 minutes ago, SouthernRam said:

Firstly, we need to bring in a new manager soon. However, we need to take long enough to make the right call, don't rush it as it will hopefully be a long term appointment. My top choices would be Mark Warbuton or Karl Robinson. Then we need to look at the following position, I reckon.

DM (It would be naïve to think another quality option here isn't needed):

• Steve Sidwell

•Daniel Williams

•Jonny Howson

Winger(s):

•Jordan Ibe (loan-to-buy)

•Anthony Knockaert

•Stuart Dallas

ST (Chris Martin just isn't consistent enough as a goal threat or contributor to make us serious contenders)

•Charlie Austin (loan)

•Ross McCormack

•Nicky Ajose, to replace Bent

Carson

Christie       Keogh     Shackell       Forsyth

Thorne/Sidwell

Hendrick       Hughes

Ince                McCormack         Dallas/Ibe

Selling: Roos, Buxton, Shotton, Albentosa, Baird, Johnson, Blackman, Weimann or Camara, Bent

Most chances created of any player in this league would suggest he is a consistent enough contributor. 

3 hours ago, The Rams 127 said:

My top three transfer targets are: Ayoze Perez (Newcastle), Anthony Knockeart (Brighton), Callum O'Dowda (Oxford).

Would be very happy with any of them.O'Dowda could cost around £1.5 million, Knockeart possibly £3 million to £6 million? Perez around £7 million maybe. They would all really add something to our team, pace, goals, skill and more.

You must be drunk if you think we would sell knockaert to another championship club for anything close to 6mil considering he's been here for 6 months we would only sell to a prem team and only for stupid money 10m plus.

3 hours ago, Seagulls said:

You must be drunk if you think we would sell knockaert to another championship club for anything close to 6mil considering he's been here for 6 months we would only sell to a prem team and only for stupid money 10m plus.

Oi Seagulls shouldn't you be drowning your sorrows like us? What you doing here?!! I don't want him you'd be glad to know.... Or should that be glad all over.... (Sorry couldn't resist, bro-in-law is a Palace man)  He dives for fun and would out score Tom Daley. Tough old season looming don't you think. 

7 hours ago, SKRam said:

Oi Seagulls shouldn't you be drowning your sorrows like us? What you doing here?!! I don't want him you'd be glad to know.... Or should that be glad all over.... (Sorry couldn't resist, bro-in-law is a Palace man)  He dives for fun and would out score Tom Daley. Tough old season looming don't you think. 

Tbh I think we will come back stronger as we still have a lot of average players on out books that we can now get rid of, I think we will go all out for a big money striker, we were looking at Jonathan calleri from boca juniors for $13m. Depends if we hold onto all of out good players. Surely Derby must have gone over ffp limits last season? I can't believe you all want to be spending so much money? 

At the risk of being shot at, I would bring in a new keeper. We need to get rid of any keeper we wouldn't be happy with as a first team regular, not keep young ones for fun.

Whilst Carson is an able keeper, he doesn't marshal his defence, come for corners or kick well. 

He would be my number two. 

Archived