Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

30 minutes ago, Seagulls said:

Tbh I think we will come back stronger as we still have a lot of average players on out books that we can now get rid of, I think we will go all out for a big money striker, we were looking at Jonathan calleri from boca juniors for $13m. Depends if we hold onto all of out good players. Surely Derby must have gone over ffp limits last season? I can't believe you all want to be spending so much money? 

tbh with Brighton I wouldn't say you have top quality players but you have a very good manager who gets the best out of them. If you had any other championship manager I don't think you would have come 3rd!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EastStandRam said:

tbh with Brighton I wouldn't say you have top quality players but you have a very good manager who gets the best out of them. If you had any other championship manager I don't think you would have come 3rd!

I agree with you to an extent I think me really lack some quality up front, Zamora and Wilson have both left the club, baldock will never get more than 5 goals a season and Hemed although he's scored a fair few has missed a lot easy chances than he has actually taken. To kick on I think we need at least 2 quality strikers, i don't know who or if you all want another striker but for Brighton I would love one of either kodja or wells. 

29 minutes ago, Seagulls said:

I agree with you to an extent I think me really lack some quality up front, Zamora and Wilson have both left the club, baldock will never get more than 5 goals a season and Hemed although he's scored a fair few has missed a lot easy chances than he has actually taken. To kick on I think we need at least 2 quality strikers, i don't know who or if you all want another striker but for Brighton I would love one of either kodja or wells. 

I want Kodja and Wells here haha, but I just think Brighton need a better ST they have decent players in other positions

With Martin, Russell, Weimann, Zanzala, Bent and Blackman I think we have more than enough strikers to play with a front two. We'll need to loan out Zanzala/sell Bent and Blackman if we want to bring someone else in imo. We absolutely cannot make the mistake of having such a bloated squad again.

25 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Anthony stokes - on loan at hibs (im currently watching the Scottish cup final and he scored a great goal)

Jimmy anderson - on loan from lancashire (im currently watching the cricket and he's took some great wickets)

Though I've seen some great suggestions on this forum but now promotion out of the window we will probably have to sell before buying to stay within fair play rules so who would you sell me personally Ince would go brings odd moment of magic but more often than not detracts from overall team performance also Johnson has brought nothing since he arrived nor has kamara bent is past it and now for controversy if the right offer came in Martin he simply doesn't convert enough chances to get us out of th championship

1 minute ago, bigbullsteve said:

Though I've seen some great suggestions on this forum but now promotion out of the window we will probably have to sell before buying to stay within fair play rules so who would you sell me personally Ince would go brings odd moment of magic but more often than not detracts from overall team performance also Johnson has brought nothing since he arrived nor has kamara bent is past it and now getting it wrongif the right offer came in Martin he simply doesn't convert enough chances to get us out of th championship

FTFY

16 minutes ago, bigbullsteve said:

Though I've seen some great suggestions on this forum but now promotion out of the window we will probably have to sell before buying to stay within fair play rules so who would you sell me personally Ince would go brings odd moment of magic but more often than not detracts from overall team performance also Johnson has brought nothing since he arrived nor has kamara bent is past it and now for controversy if the right offer came in Martin he simply doesn't convert enough chances to get us out of th championship

Who is Kamara? 

I know I've made a couple of suggestions already but this one (I think) could be a very serious shout....

Matej Vydra?!

loaned out to Reading last year and I imagine with Watford staying up he may not be in the 1st team picture. He'd be brilliant in this league 

1 hour ago, AshfieldRam said:

I know I've made a couple of suggestions already but this one (I think) could be a very serious shout....

Matej Vydra?!

loaned out to Reading last year and I imagine with Watford staying up he may not be in the 1st team picture. He'd be brilliant in this league 

A year ago I would agree but Reading just paid 2 million pounds for a seasons loan where he produced basically less that Wieman did for us, on a similar line maybe a season loan for Dwight Gale from crystal palace?

Barton would still be a great signing. May not be able to play all our games but we wouldn't really need him to. Some would still oppose it because of things he did when he was younger, but I'd be happy if we signed him. It's not going to happen though. He has offers from Rangers (2 years) and I believe a one-year offer from Burnley. We'd have to give him at least two for him to consider it as he clearly wants more security, hence his visit to Rangers training ground.

Archived