Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

I find it hard to suggest anyone without knowing what division we will be in next season. I have had a quick look and there are some great free agents from the champioship who would really improve this team and hopefully get autos if we don't make it this season. The likes of Dembele, James Vaughan, Rhys Williams, Hoilett to name a few.

If we are in the prem then there will be slim pickings and we are going to have to splash the cash. 

Imo if we go up we will need 7-8 new players just to stay up a number with top flight experience just stay up.

RB, CB, CDM, CM, LW, RW, ST

Come back to me when we know our fate then i can give you names :lol:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All depends which league we will be in.

premiership, we would need the right type of players obviously probably about 5 of them

Championship, we don't actually need extra bodies just confidence in replacing any outgoings or an injured Martin so maybe some form of like for like maybe a Danny graham type that the team could work off. But if we are in the championship then you have to expect Burnley to be back in for Bryson or Norwich after Johnson again and someone going for Hughes properly with maybe the likes of Thorne or Keogh being sort after.

so let's just see - a new manager might have a view on things as well

5 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

I find it hard to suggest anyone without knowing what division we will be in next season. I have had a quick look and there are some great free agents from the champioship who would really improve this team and hopefully get autos if we don't make it this season. The likes of Dembele, James Vaughan, Rhys Williams, Hoilett to name a few.

If we are in the prem then there will be slim pickings and we are going to have to splash the cash. 

Imo if we go up we will need 7-8 new players just to stay up a number with top flight experience just stay up.

RB, CB, CDM, CM, LW, RW, ST

Come back to me when we know our fate then i can give you names :lol:

Dembele was interesting some Prem teams so we'd have competition for his signature.

James Vaughan is the definition of injury prone.

And Hoilett was allegedly on £60k a year

Not seen enough of Williams in the flesh to make a proper judgement

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Robson Kanu under the right management would be lethal as he is with Wales. He is a free agent at the end of the season and would be a cheap upgrade on Russell

Really? On what basis?

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

He is. Don't let Russell's recent run of form cloud your judgement. Robson Kanu starts for a much better national team than Russell, who can't even get in the scotland team.

I don't support Wales . I support Derby. A club team. Wales are better than Scotland because they have Bale and Ramsey. Beyond that Scotland generally have better players. Robson-Kanu has 8 league goals in the last 3 seasons. Hardly a goal machine.

#realfootballnotfifa16

4 minutes ago, sage said:

I don't support Wales . I support Derby. A club team. Wales are better than Scotland because they have Bale and Ramsey. Beyond that Scotland generally have better players. Robson-Kanu has 8 league goals in the last 3 seasons. Hardly a goal machine.

#realfootballnotfifa16

Wales are a better team than Scotland regardless of  Bale and Ramsey. Kanu has been playing in a poor Reading team the last few years and is a proper winger, not a striker playing as a winger which is what we need. He wouldn't be starting for Wales if he was a poor player.  Worth a punt on him especially as a free transfer. Even if you disagree that he is better than Russell, he is a better player than Blackman and Weimann so we can cut our losses on them

Wales are a better team than Scotland regardless of  Bale and Ramsey. Kanu has been playing in a poor Reading team the last few years and is a proper winger, not a striker playing as a winger which is what we need. He wouldn't be starting for Wales if he was a poor player.  Worth a punt on him especially as a free transfer. Even if you disagree that he is better than Russell, he is a better player than Blackman and Weimann so we can cut our losses on them

Who are the alternatives?

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Look at their provisional squad. Their forwards are poor. Add Bale in because he's been given extended leave for the Champions League final of course. But other than that their forwards include Robson-Kanu, Sam Vokes, Tom Bradshaw and Wes Burns from Walsall, Tom Lawrence from Leicester youth team, and Simon Church. Simon Church... come on. If Russell was Welsh he'd be in that squad 110%.

Just now, Kernow said:

Look at their provisional squad. Their forwards are poor. Add Bale in because he's been given extended leave for the Champions League final of course. But other than that their forwards include Robson-Kanu, Sam Vokes, Tom Bradshaw and Wes Burns from Walsall, Tom Lawrence from Leicester youth team, and Simon Church. Simon Church... come on. If Russell was Welsh he'd be in that squad 110%.

He'd still be a decent player for our squad though on a free transfer

Just now, McLovin said:

He'd still be a decent player for our squad though on a free transfer

I'd still start Russell over him. Squad player in the Championship, perhaps. The fact we went for Blackman instead suggests we rate him higher, as a smaller fee probably would have secured Robson-Kanu's services.

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I'd still start Russell over him. Squad player in the Championship, perhaps. The fact we went for Blackman instead suggests we rate him higher, as a smaller fee probably would have secured Robson-Kanu's services.

Spot on, dont think we really need any squad player signings, should be looking at better players even if we stay down.

Summer Transfers in my opinion (getting rid of the dead wood in the squad as well)

Championship:

O'Dowda - seen 3 Oxford games this season and watched him due to our speculation, he looks like one for the future.

Wisdom - I think Liverpool would be willing to get rid and after his season he might want to go back to a team he enjoyed (competition for Christie or even a backup CB)

Moussa Dembele - out of contract in the summer but I think we could get him on loan from the club he goes to

Premier League:

Miguel Veloso - out of contract, a fantastic player to get on a free

Michael Carrick - also out of contract, experienced and would fit in our system

Ibe - we need the magic back, loan or permanent

Wisdom - same as above

Dembele - as above doubt we'd be able to get him permanently though

You can argue all you like over whether whoever we've got lined up is better than Russell or Ince or whoever we've got, but in reality you need around 3/4 good wingers because they'll drop in and out of form throughout the course of the season.

Russell's been brilliant at times this season and at other times completely anonymous. I don't think I actually saw him run faster than a jog at any point away to Wolves, then the next time I saw him play he was tearing Hull apart.

Same goes for the ST position, people go on about a Martin clone and some people go on about having an alternative option. In reality we need both.

I don't buy all the ******** spouted that it's 'impossible' to find someone of Martin's standard and ask him to sit on the bench, you don't need someone of Martin's standard, you need someone who can hold the ball-up and finish some chances. Plenty of strikers like that around who'd be happy to be Martin's competition.

I'd personally use Zanzala as our striker who offers something a bit different next season. We can't talk the talk about our academy and then not utilise one of our best academy prospects in our match day squad.

3 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Moussa Dembele - out of contract in the summer but I think we could get him on loan from the club he goes to

Isn't he rumoured to be going to Tottenham? They were definitely interested. If Spurs get him I can't see them letting him go, much like Dele Alli. Spurs are in the tricky position where they only have one striker - Harry Kane. They won't replace Kane, nor will they need to. They then have the issue of needing to find strikers who are good enough but at the same time willing to spend a lot of their season on the bench. It's a difficult task. But they'll need a bigger squad for the Champions League. Kane won't be able to play every PL game and every Champions League game. Think Dembele is a bit ambitious regardless of what league we're in.

20 minutes ago, Dale The Ram said:

Summer Transfers in my opinion (getting rid of the dead wood in the squad as well)

Championship:

O'Dowda - seen 3 Oxford games this season and watched him due to our speculation, he looks like one for the future.

Wisdom - I think Liverpool would be willing to get rid and after his season he might want to go back to a team he enjoyed (competition for Christie or even a backup CB)

Premier League:

Miguel Veloso - out of contract, a fantastic player to get on a free

Michael Carrick - also out of contract, experienced and would fit in our system

Ibe - we need the magic back, loan or permanent

Wisdom - same as above

Dembele - as above doubt we'd be able to get him permanently though

Veloso seems like a possibility but I think Carrick would probably be too ambitious. 

McCormack would be a good signing if we went up imo, he's carried a rubbish Fulham team.

Archived