Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sheepshagger123 said:

john akinde from barnet. 50 goals in 2 seasons. seen him alot holds it up and has pace. wouldnt cost alot maybe 300k

He scored 1 in 16 in the Championship and 2 in 31 League One. 

29 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If our midfield is Thorne, Hughes & Bryson with Butterfield, Hendrick & Johnson as back up where does Barton fit?

Barton and Thorne fighting for that spot OR both together in a 4231 as an option?

If our midfield is Thorne, Hughes & Bryson with Butterfield, Hendrick & Johnson as back up where does Barton fit?

Simple. The only one with the mentality we need. He would be the least talented as a footballer but could become the most important. We won't get him but I think he'd be a great signing despite his past personal life.

Hughes and Barton would be first two on the sheet. the others would play for parts of games to suit. A four man midfield with Barton would have given us better results against Boro, Burnley, Brighton and Hull in the PO, plus any other difficult away games against tough, physical sides. Our midfield can be lightweight against strong arm tactics.If not Barton, then someone similar.

9 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Thorne didn't give him a kick at Wembley. Hughes is just better & Bryson has more legs. A four man midfield just to fit in Barton is not for me. Move on............don't need him.

Plus we haven't had our first choice midfield all season.

Thorne watched him wave the trophy around at Wembley, Hughes is better but not someone you would want to be in the trenches with, and if it is legs you want why don't we just sign up Paula Radcliffe?  

18 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Thorne didn't give him a kick at Wembley. Hughes is just better & Bryson has more legs. A four man midfield just to fit in Barton is not for me. Move on............don't need him.

Plus we haven't had our first choice midfield all season.

Sadly, Thorne isn't the player he was when we were at Wembley. 

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

Thorne watched him wave the trophy around at Wembley, Hughes is better but not someone you would want to be in the trenches with, and if it is legs you want why don't we just sign up Paula Radcliffe?  

First point irrelevant. Second point, did you see Hughes at Hull? Third point Bryson plays football Paula Radcliffe doesn't. 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

First point irrelevant. Second point, did you see Hughes at Hull? Third point Bryson plays football Paula Radcliffe doesn't. 

First point, QPR won - everything else is irrelevant. Second point, I saw Hughes at Hull but missed him loads in the game before (don't get me wrong Hughes I love loads) and as for Bryson, great club man and someone I appreciate, but bang average at the very best of times.

9 hours ago, i-Ram said:

First point, QPR won - everything else is irrelevant. Second point, I saw Hughes at Hull but missed him loads in the game before (don't get me wrong Hughes I love loads) and as for Bryson, great club man and someone I appreciate, but bang average at the very best of times.

Morning......where were we? Oh yes, QPR won but we were discussing Barton vs Thorne at Wembley. Thorne won hands down. Hughes did nothing in the holding role vs Hull but was still probably our best player. IF as I suggest Hughes & Thorne are first on the team sheet you need a Bryson more than a Barton in a three man midfield.

21 hours ago, AshfieldRam said:

I know I've made a couple of suggestions already but this one (I think) could be a very serious shout....

Matej Vydra?!

loaned out to Reading last year and I imagine with Watford staying up he may not be in the 1st team picture. He'd be brilliant in this league 

Good suggestion. Him and Ross Mccormack up front would tear the league apart like Deeney and Ighalo did

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Didn't we say this last year about Ince, Weiman and Bent?

I can't remember anyone saying that but tbf those players weren't played in their best positions

Ince

Bent     Weimann

in a diamond formation would have worked well

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I can't remember anyone saying that but tbf those players weren't played in their best positions

Ince

Bent     Weimann

in a diamond formation would have worked well

I remember someone saying it two minutes earlier.

Archived