OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

15 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Late post from me. Had a busy day and not had chance to get on. 

Heard today that Pearson will be announced on Tuesday next week. 

That could change though. If it does. Will do my best to let you know. 

Where did you hear this?

Another guy on facebook just tried to tell me its been confirmed.... but by who?

Not seen it on any reputable news site or through the official site. So I suppect its BS

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Appreciate the good work. The club may be superstitious because Clement was appointed on the 1st June last year which didn't go to plan so they may want it to be done and dusted on the Tuesday :lol:

4 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Where did you hear this?

Another guy on facebook just tried to tell me its been confirmed.... but by who?

Not seen it on any reputable news site or through the official site. So I suppect its BS

This guy and superderbysuperrams are the 2 most reliable itks so we trust them

27 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Mostly down to Personnel in my opinion.

Too much weight is put on young players, or players who arent over the hill, and are technically gifted, the Arsene Wenger style to player recruitment - if you will.

Where is the John Eustace of this squad, or even the Joey Barton?

Yes we have talented players, but they dont always make the best team, the team is missing something. I really dont think it needs Pearson to sort this. It just needs the right signings. Probably only 2 are needed.

Wasn't Johnson supposed to be our replacement for Eustace or alternative to Barton?

How will Darren Wassall feel if Nigel Pearson gets the job? Darren would have to fit around Nigel's plans or move on.

How many people will Nigel want to bring in and who is about to get moved out of DCFC?

Too much change will knock us back a year.

Fasten your safety belts.

If its Pearson ,good luck to him.Theirs never been a outright favorite for the job or indeed an obviuous choice. and he has experience and success in this league. He must have learnt from his time at Leicester and have a point to prove.

I think a sound appointment, a manager with different attributes to others previously hired and that might be what weve been missing.

Lets get behind him ,give him some slack,who ever got the job wasnt going to create a Real Madrid over night and see how we go.

Wasnt my 1st choice but  I wasnt involved in the selection / interview process and have no experience in football management.

Don't particularly like how he comes across but will support him of course.

My biggest concern is a 'rebuild'...lets be honest, we're not far off and these players are so ingrained to playing a certain style (which does work when we're on it), that radically changing the formation and style is risky and I'm not sure alot of fans can put up with a year of rebuilding without some kind of success (playoffs say).

We need tweaks here and there...mentality is the biggest thing, which I think Pearson can help us with but we don't need radical changes.

16 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Wasn't Johnson supposed to be our replacement for Eustace or alternative to Barton?

I bloody hope not. As he was a forward thinking attacking midfielder at Norwich.

He was bought as a ..... he just came available.. so lets go get him.

Butterfield was a replacement for Hughes who was out most of the season.

We never really replaced Eustace, some said Baird was signed for this, but very early on, PC didnt trust him, and he didnt play many games in CDM at all.

18 minutes ago, Rampage said:

How will Darren Wassall feel if Nigel Pearson gets the job? Darren would have to fit around Nigel's plans or move on.

How many people will Nigel want to bring in and who is about to get moved out of DCFC?

Too much change will knock us back a year.

Fasten your safety belts.

I think a third successive failure has knocked us back further than a year, if wholesale changes aren't made. 

The side has shown to be inadequate. Another year without change would only compound that further. 

If it is Pearson at least he should have the balls to put Mel back in his box when he trys to interfere 

My only concern is that with a 4-4-2 Pearson likes physical hard working center mids - bryson, Hendrick and Johnson fit but i dont see Hughes or Butterfield fitting the bill

Should see the back of Ince too

4 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I think a third successive failure has knocked us back further than a year, if wholesale changes aren't made. 

The side has shown to be inadequate. Another year without change would only compound that further. 

I'm just don't agree with that. 

The management upheavals of the last 3 seasons mean that we'll never really know how good we could've been. 

There were big question marks over Clough, SM, Clement and Wassall.

4 managers who, for one reason or another couldn't walk the walk.

but our squad is as good as any others.

its by no means perfect and bit of trimming and a few additions are needed.

but 'wholesale changes'?

behave!!

3 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

If it is Pearson at least he should have the balls to put Mel back in his box when he trys to interfere 

My only concern is that with a 4-4-2 Pearson likes physical hard working center mids - bryson, Hendrick and Johnson fit but i dont see Hughes or Butterfield fitting the bill

Should see the back of Ince too

442... you're teasing me again! 

3 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

The new manager will have to get us in the Play Offs and us playing attractive football by the end of next season or be deemed a failure by many of us. If he brings wholesale change it is less likely that we will make the Play Offs next season. He will need a good start as we have seen that a bad start is not easy to turn round and then catch very good teams.

I would give him £20 million to spend but instructions to get £10 million back in transfers/savings on wages etc.

How much of a hangover will the Rams show at the start of next season?

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

That's good to hear from a reliable poster.

Do you know why the delay though? I'd have expected that it would be announced as soon as the ink was dry on the contract. Even if the 'he can't start until June 1' theory is correct, couldn't they announce him as our new manager who will start work from June 1?

12 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

That's good to hear from a reliable poster.

Do you know why the delay though? I'd have expected that it would be announced as soon as the ink was dry on the contract. Even if the 'he can't start until June 1' theory is correct, couldn't they announce him as our new manager who will start work from June 1?

Lawyers and contract fine print, bank holiday weekend, preparation of press conference, May 31st is Tuesday, telling those interviewed that they haven't been successful and who might be away on holiday...............

59 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Some journalist posted we are announcing Pearson tomorrow. .. Jamie scoins    I can't post the pic search it maybe.

Have a look through his tweets from earlier today, doubt he's genuine

I do like the thought of Pearson as our manager as he knows this level, he'll know the expectation levels and what standard the players should be playing to in order to win promotion. 

I saw some campaigning for him as he would sell Martin, Keogh and Ince - three of our best players from last season; our two highest scorers and the captain! I would advise that Pearson would do the exact opposite. I think he will work well with what he has at hand and won't make any rash decisions. I think that's exactly what is needed. I really don't understand those who want to rip the heart of the team out for the sake of it. 

As for his approach, I'd be pretty surprised if he doesn't change the system. He did fiddle with formations and tactics at Leicester, as I'm sure he would do here. I know 4-4-2 was his most common choice, but he did play with five at the back for much of the last season. I know he also likes the use of 'big' strikers and I don't see him changing that - I'd say Martin is still going to be a big part of our side next season, unless of course, he's sold. 

The biggest change, I imagine, is the football is going to be a lot more direct. I don't necessarily mean hoof ball, but we will be playing a much more cut throat method. I also think the fitness levels of certain players will be boosted, too. I do think we will be a bit of a flat-track bully kind of side that, hopefully, is consistent. 

Chris Powell as number two will also be a huge, huge coup. I'd bet Butterfield will be relishing that prospect as he thought so highly of him at Huddersfield. 

In summary, it's just a smart move. I don't think we will get any surprises and fundamentally he will improve us without ripping the team apart. I'd guess that he will be backed as well as can be in the transfer market, but I'd wager the main plan on improving what he already has at the club.  

Archived