OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

19 minutes ago, archied said:

How long have you watched football? ( not being offensive it's serious question). The scenario you put forward that would make you lose interest in football completely is a scenario that has always been a massive part of football certainly over the 50 years I've been watching it ,, it's cyclical and happens to lots of clubs at different times in fact it's a myth that Brian clough built Derby on nothing ,,, he bloody spent a fair bit of Sam longs tons money ( not always sanctioned first) , I'm shocked you don't see that scenario as part and parcel of football ,, it's always been there and always will be ,

About 20 years on and off. More fervently for the last 10. 

I was definitely exaggerating what my reaction would be in my previous post, and I understand that these scenarios (to a lesser extent) are fairly common in modern football, I just really prefer when we're underestimated and disliked the 'Big spending Derby' image attached to us last season. I'd prefer to finish 2nd with a group of average players overachieving, with immense team spirit and attractive football than to finish 1st with a bunch of underachieving primadonnas playing negative football.

Again, I'm not referring to our current situation here, and using extremes just trying to clarify my feelings about football overall. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm not having that @Rampage, I long for the status of tolerable, never mind expert!

You are a real force on here reveldevil. The most liked poster per post on here, i think - .97.596504005%

Members +

4,020 likes

4,119 posts

You are one of the experts that I am talking about.

reveldevil...what a guy!

Warburton would be my choice but I would be very happy with Pearson.

If it is true that those two are real candidates I am very happy.

There has been a lot said about the silence being deafening, infact there is a thread about it, but to me the silence means Wassall will be replaced and the club are going about the business in a professional way and when 1st June passes the announcement will be made.

Exciting times again!

19 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Have a nice day :) I'd suggest that not wanting a particular manager just to spite myself is childish hence I just the nursery reference but that's just my opinion

You seem to misunderstand me - there's no spite involved at all, I'm sure you're a lovely bloke. I just find most of your comments so emphatically disagreeable that opposing them by default seems the wisest course of action going forwards. 

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

You are a real force on here reveldevil. The most liked poster per post on here, i think - .97.596504005%

Members +

4,020 likes

4,119 posts

reveldevil...what a guy!

1884 group have more , MACKWORTHRAM and SDSR all do , just off top of my head no stats to back it up ?

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Members +

4,020 likes

4,119 posts

reveldevil...what a guy!

Oh no Rampage, there are far higher post to likes ratios on here, and deservedly so.

@i-Ram for one.

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Very few managers have been promoted from the Championship more than once. Since 2004 when the division was renamed (and I don't think we need to consider managers from much before that as football has moved on) Steve Bruce holds the record with three promotions and Mick McCarthy, Neil Warnock and Ian Holloway all have two. Steve Coppell, Alan Curbishley, Paul Jewell, Sam Allardyce, Gary Megson and Harry Redknapp all have a single Championship promotion, but achieved previous promotion from Division 1. 

So if your saying that multiple promotions is your main criteria, that is your shortlist. 

No one on that list appeals to me more than Pearson, who also has a League 1 promotion and the distinction of playing a key role in the Leicester story. 

I can understand that but I just think he has a reputation far beyond what he's actually shown. He's not a guarantee of promotion at all like has been suggested and I'm genuinely interested in what he can bring that others with similar records can't. 

I find the idea that he has increased his reputation based on Leicester winning the league a little 'wishy washy'. He had that squad in the bottom 3 for most of last season.

21 minutes ago, Rampage said:

You do often come across as negative, McLovin. You may not realise that you seem to do so. Reread your posts as if you had not written them and you may get a different perspective on them. Everyone on here is an 'expert'. If you do not know that, you have not been reading carefully enough. We all give our best insights because we are all  'experts'.

My only problem with this Forum is that a lot of the other 'experts' actually know more than me. This is rather unacceptable but I am learning to live with it. Keep posting, McLovin.

Thanks for the input Rampage. I may sound negative but I can assure you I am not, I like to put it as I see it as B4 would say and one other user said that I like to reflect the silent majority, against the mainstream view but those what some users are afraid to say. The beauty of a forum is that not everyone has the same views, it would be boring if we all held the same views but it does get frustrating when some users needlessly create arguments just because they don't agree with my particular views such as saying they dont want a particular manager in because I want them in and putting them down because they are a greater fan than myself which I find patronising. Usually i would take this on the chin as 'banter' but I have had a few personal issues in my life at the moment so I apologise if I dont come across as the joking type currently.Anyway we are all Derby fans so onwards and upwards

11 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

1884 group have more , MACKWORTHRAM and SDSR all do , just off top of my head no stats to back it up ?

12 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Rampage said - reveldevil - The most liked poster per post on here, i think -

1884 group have been on here longer than any of us.:thumbsup: They should know how to get likes by now. :D

SDSR is a genius

MACKWORTHRAM should have his own show

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

First thing tomorrow morning I'm going to put £500 on NP being the next Rams manager. 

The winnings will be put towards something nice from the club shop. 

First thing tomorrow morning I'm going to put £500 on NP being the next Rams manager. 

Winnings will be around £100. If you win.

15 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

You seem to misunderstand me - there's no spite involved at all, I'm sure you're a lovely bloke. I just find most of your comments so emphatically disagreeable that opposing them by default seems the wisest course of action going forwards. 

I'm sure you're a lovely bloke too but trying to cause arguments(if you did intend too) shouldn't be the way forwards. We should accept that not everyone will have the same views. We may be different but we are all Derby fans and all want the best for our club. Having different views is healthy. I'm sure @David is grateful that we do have different views because otherwise no-one would visit this forum.

One thing that would irk me a little if we hired Pearson, is that why didnt we hire him after Clements dismissal? (Purely so Mel's buddy Wassell could get a chance and it cost us promotion)

If Moyes won't drop to the championship and Martinez isnt interested. pEARSON WILL DO..

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Thanks for the input Rampage. I may sound negative but I can assure you I am not, I like to put it as I see it as B4 would say and one other user said that I like to reflect the silent majority, against the mainstream view but those what some users are afraid to say. The beauty of a forum is that not everyone has the same views, it would be boring if we all held the same views but it does get frustrating when some users needlessly create arguments just because they don't agree with my particular views such as saying they dont want a particular manager in because I want them in and putting them down because they are a greater fan than myself which I find patronising. Usually i would take this on the chin as 'banter' but I have had a few personal issues in my life at the moment so I apologise if I dont come across as the joking type currently.Anyway we are all Derby fans so onwards and upwards

You are a good dude McLovin and very passionate about the Rams. We all have easy and difficult patches in our life. One day at a time mate. It is the passionate people that achieve things in life.:thumbsup:

McLovin, what a passionate Rams guy.:D

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

You are a good dude McLovin and very passionate about the Rams. We all have easy and difficult patches in our life. One day at a time mate. It is the passionate people that achieve things in life.:thumbsup:

McLovin, what a passionate Rams guy.:D

It takes one good guy to know another Rampage :thumbsup:

Archived