OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't think theres a stand out candidate out of all of the people linked with the job.

Yes Pearson got Leicester promotion but it took him 3 years with a club that was favourite every year at the time. I think people a placing a lot on the fact his team went on to win the league. You could argue he had a set of players capable of winning the league but yet only managed relegation form out of them for most of the season.

His record away from Leicester is very average.

Add to that he seems a bit of a tos*er and I'm pretty put off!

6 minutes ago, Stedcfc said:

Yes Pearson got Leicester promotion but it took him 3 years with a club that was favourite every year at the time

But he's been through those hardships? yes it took him time to work it all out but he's done it and got the tshirt, he'll be a better man for those experiences..

hasn't it took us 3 seasons so far? we're heading into a 4th season now.. one thing is for certain we've been through the bloody ringer, 2 collapses and a playoff final heartache to boot.

After what the club has been through in the past few years I'd say we're gonna be stronger for those failures, you'd think by now the majority of our fans would have become a bit more humble.... 

Looking at the bookies list there are only three that would even consider it Pearson sher wood and wassail no wonder they have made Pearson odds on favourite but what I don't get is why so many fans are against giving wassail a go as a first time manager in the championship he actually did very well when ha came in we were on a losing run , looked like dropping out of the play offs and but for one terrible performance which you can't blame him for wed have been at Wembley on Saturday , and let's not forget he's the same guy that brought huge,  Bassett and others through the academy.

what happens if Pearson fails next season does he go too?

11 minutes ago, Stedcfc said:

I really don't think theres a stand out candidate out of all of the people linked with the job.

Yes Pearson got Leicester promotion but it took him 3 years with a club that was favourite every year at the time. I think people a placing a lot on the fact his team went on to win the league. You could argue he had a set of players capable of winning the league but yet only managed relegation form out of them for most of the season.

His record at Leicester is excellent. League One title. Play offs in their first season back in the Champ. Sacked. Returned. Into the play offs after being appointed in November. Championship title. Kept them in the Premier League.

In his second stint there it took him a season and half to get them to walk the league. The set of players he inherited from Sven Goran Eriksson were going nowhere. He got rid of the bad eggs, trimmed the squad, brought in his own and won them the league.

He's the exact type of character this club needs. We've been nearly men for far too long. We've had a soft underbelly for ages as well. We need someone like him with his arrogance and know how to get out of this league. He's the best candidate out there. I'm amazed its taken us this long to interview him.

5 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

But he's been through those hardships? yes it took him time to work it all out but he's done it and got the tshirt, he'll be a better man for those experiences..

hasn't it took us 3 seasons so far? we're heading into a 4th season now.. one thing is for certain we've been through the bloody ringer, 2 collapses and a playoff final heartache to boot.

After what the club has been through in the past few years I'd say we're gonna be stronger for those failures, you'd think by now the majority of our fans would have become a bit more humble.... 

I seem to remember people saying from the breakfast with Mel that we didn't want to go out and get a manager who would just get us up any which way. It was about building and getting up and staying up.

The main reason for us getting Pearson seems to be that he's done it before. If its all about experience of promotion then you could argue Neil Warnock would be better (I don't want him by the way!!).

To me Pearson doesn't really flatter and I think somehow Leicester winning the league has made people think he's better than he is.

I can see the similarities between his Leicester promotion and our situation though and none of the candidates stand out as amazing.

10 minutes ago, Stedcfc said:

It took him two and a half seasons because of the piles of **** left behind by Sven and Sousa.

We were favourites on the back of Sven spending loads of money. It wasn't based on the ability of the team. 

Complaining about it taking that time is totally misunderstanding the job he had to do.

As for last season, you can't even compare the squad that started our first season to the one that finished last year.

He made some mistakes, but we very very close to being a decent team all season. The signing of Huth sorted out all the issues and we finally started getting the points performances had deserved.

His record away from Leicester, kept saints up, kept Carlisle up I think. That's what he was tasked to do taking them over when in trouble.

At Hull he had to go in and rip the squad up after their relegation, they were in big financial trouble and he gave them a good base to build on, he came back before sorting the job.

As for being a dick, well pretty much all the staff and players adored him. Pearson in the press isn't Pearson away from it. 

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Perhaps MM feels there are some 'personalities' who need managing.

No doubt we have some extremely talented players yet we don't consistantly see the best of them. 

(Time to play hard ball?)

Mostly down to Personnel in my opinion.

Too much weight is put on young players, or players who arent over the hill, and are technically gifted, the Arsene Wenger style to player recruitment - if you will.

Where is the John Eustace of this squad, or even the Joey Barton?

Yes we have talented players, but they dont always make the best team, the team is missing something. I really dont think it needs Pearson to sort this. It just needs the right signings. Probably only 2 are needed.

2 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

really dont think it needs Pearson to sort this

I think Pearson will be able to find us that signing though, every team needs a mean machine in the team, we don't have one and we don't have leaders in our team either, that starts with the manager imo.. if we appoint Pearson you'll see a different Derby next season, Tom Ince will not wear gloves in the middle of winter for example, he'll become a hard little ****, they'll be more attitude as well, more of a swag, because the manager leads by example, Pearson is a hard nosed t*at and our players will follow his lead. 

_45661110_foxeshugpa.jpg

He protects the players and look at that pic above, is that a player that fears his manager?, that player would run through brick walls for him. 

The top priority at Derby County is to rid the team of 'not turning up syndrome'.

Three managers at least have had it to deal with, but no cure has been found as yet.

Bottom line is to ship talented players out who do not have an over riding desire not to lose.

Hard work can make all the difference. Lack of concentration loses matches.

Against Hull at home there is a dvd of a match where an experienced manager could identify the malaise and why it seemed that we could not rise up against a goal down. A single goal defeat or a draw was unlikely to be conclusive.

I would back Pearson to spot and solve the problem. It may involve some surprising departures and arrivals.

Whoever it is, I dont think it will be announced until after the play offs , that would mean DW post has expired, remember he was given to the end of the season, that could of included the final. The final may have a decision on one  of the managers future anyway and iv heard SB name mentioned a few times, 

On a lighter note King BD could be back in the game, just read he is in talks with Charlton

Manager First League Game 2016/17 Season

Nigel Pearson 1/6

Tim Sherwood 8/1

Gary Rowett 10/1

Darren Wassall 12/1

Neil Warnock 14/1

Roberto Martinez 18/1

Owen Coyle 20/1

David Moyes 20/1

Mark Warburton 20/1

Steve Bruce 22/1

Paul Ince 22/1

Quique Sanchez Flores 25/1

Unless someone bursts Nigel's balloon or he gets run over by an ostrich, Nigel Pearson appears to be a cert as the next manager.

30 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

So we're looking to bring in a Nigel who can spot gemstones in a pig trough, spend little money and build great team chemistry 

burton Albion are gonna be looking for a new manager soon

O, I do like this... I like your style my lord.

7 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Whoever it is, I dont think it will be announced until after the play offs , that would mean DW post has expired, remember he was given to the end of the season, that could of included the final. The final may have a decision on one  of the managers future anyway and iv heard SB name mentioned a few times, 

On a lighter note King BD could be back in the game, just read he is in talks with Charlton

Where's the laughing chimp when you need him?

Archived