OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

Well he ticks one major box for me and that's the fact that he is an extremely strong character. I really feel that some of our under performers need a manager who'll put the fear of God into them and deliver a few well chosen arse kicking. Everything else.......who knows?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Pearson comes in and plays his 442...

didnt bradley Johnson play at the left of midfield for Norwich, where he scored about 15 goals in their promotion playing his best?

could possibly see the best out of him, he's pearsons type of player

Assumptions/conclusions about the likely success or otherwise of the new manager are one thing (still maintain that past glories of failures count for very little) but now people are also categorically stating the formations a new manager will play (as if they can't adapt!), who he'll definitely sell, who he'll definitely have as an assistant, coaches, kit man. It could all end in tears. Sit back, relax and see what happens. Healthier in the long run.

If it's Pearson I don't think he will need to or want to totally rip out and rebuild ,,, look at hall away in the play offs and how the pace of wiemen was a revelation and a different option ,, someone posted 4411 formation ,,, imagine that ,, buy another solid Thorne type to play centre mid with Thorne ,, pace from wiemen , Russell ,camara Blackman or any others wide mid / wingers , Hughes as the 1 ,and Martin as the other 1 , defence stays the same ,,, no we have a very good good squad of players that a good manager could really do something with if he can organise them and get their heads in the right place ,, there is a place for ince too and Pearson may just be the making of him,,, yes there are no garuantees and yes it may not but instant but I believe Pearson and Mel could build something special ,,, he's the only one of the candidates that really makes me excited about next year and the future years ,,,,, if it's Pearson ,,,,,, I BELIEVE 

15 minutes ago, archied said:

If it's Pearson I don't think he will need to or want to totally rip out and rebuild ,,, look at hall away in the play offs and how the pace of wiemen was a revelation and a different option ,, someone posted 4411 formation ,,, imagine that ,, buy another solid Thorne type to play centre mid with Thorne ,, pace from wiemen , Russell ,camara Blackman or any others wide mid / wingers , Hughes as the 1 ,and Martin as the other 1 , defence stays the same ,,, no we have a very good good squad of players that a good manager could really do something with if he can organise them and get their heads in the right place ,, there is a place for ince too and Pearson may just be the making of him,,, yes there are no garuantees and yes it may not but instant but I believe Pearson and Mel could build something special ,,, he's the only one of the candidates that really makes me excited about next year and the future years ,,,,, if it's Pearson ,,,,,, I BELIEVE 

^^^^ spot on, well put archied. 

34 minutes ago, archied said:

Be an amazing signing for me. I have always thought we had one of the best sides in this league, problem is we would play brilliant for 2-3 games then the players would go missing for 2-3 games which shouts out lack of motivation to me (maybe wrong but that's how I read it this season).

Pearson would give players like Ince a kick up the arse and I'm sure he can go on to become a top player for us.

I don't worry about all the negative press around him, his son didn't help him at Leic's, being a dick and his antics with the media were warranted as they were being ********* and trying to get a rise out of him.

He's a bloke that takes no **** and this group of players need that, been too nicey nicey for the past 3 seasons.

Great appointment for me if it happens.

25 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:
25 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Agreed - I actually think Pearson could bring out the best in a player like Johnson... Maybe we'll see him get back some of the form he showed in Norwich's promotion season... For me, what he does with the embarrassment of riches we have in midfield will be really interesting

25 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Someone put me out my misery and tell me we've employed him the suspense is affecting my work and daily life , looking on the forum every second the customers aren't watching me  :ph34r:

Two things...they are generally called passengers not customers..and are you at least at the bus stop before you check your phone?

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

Expect to see Ted Nugent here pretty soon if Pearson gets the job. 

Awesome.

All this 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1 talk and now trying to slot players into fantasy lineups because this is what Pearson has done in the past.....I would like to think any manager/head coach coming into a club will know how to find the best system with the players at the club, not have a set formation he never strays from regardless of the players he has it his disposal. 

With my zero experience in football management and coaching and I've barely took any team past 2 seasons on Football Manager. These are not the formations best suited for us, unless we're planning a huge clear out and starting from scratch.

Archived