OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, David said:

Is this where I say that if Rodgers is at Derby next season I'll strap my testicles to the next NASA rocket launch?

Very clever given NASA no longer has its own launch capability. Now if you'd said SpaceX...

7 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Will you still be attached to your testicles at the moment of the launch?

Personally unless you are, I think it's a bit of a cop out.

Or a cock out

18 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

Obviously you like him a great deal.

That is so childish...

Personally I would love to give him a job. And I would take him up, now. 

please don't try to twist this to suggest anything untoward. 

19 hours ago, eddie said:

So you're saying that if we go up via the playoffs, Wassall will be replaced. However, if we don't go up via the playoffs, Wassall will be replaced.

Now I may be a little slow on the uptake nowadays, but please tell me how the alternatives depend whether or not we go up via the playoffs?

They're as different as chalk and, er, chalk.

A not even slightly cheesey post, eddie :D

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

Why do people want these failed managers?

Ossie I reckon most managers have failed at some point with the exception of a few very special ones ( and one of those had an allmighty failing too )

For me Martinez is interesting .. He kept Wigan punching above their weight for a long time and playing attractive football before the gaffer wassisface let him go with all good wishes to Everton. ... 

Rodgers would like a Premiership side to manage next season, so the three relegated sides are no good to him. The two promoted sides will not want him. Which Premier sides may want another manager? I cannot think of any. So a promoted Derby is the only real possibility of the Play Off contenders with Hull a slim possibility if Bruce goes elsewhere eg abroad.On second thoughts he might fancy Newcastle if Rafa goes.

So Derby would indeed be favourite for a quick return to the Premier, otherwise it will be about Xmas time to replace someone who is failing to meet expectations.Offer him a lot of money and he may come at a push.

38 minutes ago, jono said:

Ossie I reckon most managers have failed at some point with the exception of a few very special ones ( and one of those had an allmighty failing too )

For me Martinez is interesting .. He kept Wigan punching above their weight for a long time and playing attractive football before the gaffer wassisface let him go with all good wishes to Everton. ... 

Wigan were very happy to just survive each season and he managed to do that with Whelans backing, But most of us (including Mel) don't want to see us in a relegation battle each season and he has shown at Everton that he can't handle the pressure when more than survival is expected.

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Wigan were very happy to just survive each season and he managed to do that with Whelans backing, But most of us (including Mel) don't want to see us in a relegation battle each season and he has shown at Everton that he can't handle the pressure when more than survival is expected.

According to Wiki, his win percentage at Wigan was around 29%. Not great.

Think we could do better- and if it was between him and Wass would prefer the latter.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very clever given NASA no longer has its own launch capability. Now if you'd said SpaceX...

carrie2_2746119c.jpg

The new manager was shown around the training ground and agreed his deal the day they filmed the Jimmy Bullard thing at St Georges Park.

He's not even in the betting atm.

That's my guess, anyway!

Archived