1 hour ago, eddie said:

New laptop - new keys.

KeyboardFaceSmash_zps9984319b.gif

An oldie, but probably my favourite gif around :lol:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

There are another 3 but great going forward and solid at the back is a rare mix. Most people know my 1st choice but where we finish is going to totally change those who will be interested.

Chris Hughton is my first choice, if Darren goes. He is a very smart guy. The other two will not come here, I think. Obviously, Chris Hughton will not come if Brighton are promoted.

Deloitte, the financial guys says any team being promoted this year will get £170 million for one year in the Premiership and two years of parachute payments. BUT up to £290 million if they mange to survive the first year in the Premiership. No pressure then!!!!!

This is the year to get promotion. relegation after one year is not a problem. Competing with teams who have been promoted will be increasingly difficult.

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

This is the year to get promotion. relegation after one year is not a problem. Competing with teams who have been promoted will be increasingly difficult.

They do say that every year.

One day, it will turn out to be true.

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Chris Hughton is my first choice, if Darren goes. He is a very smart guy. The other two will not come here, I think. Obviously, Chris Hughton will not come if Brighton are promoted.

Deloitte, the financial guys says any team being promoted this year will get £170 million for one year in the Premiership and two years of parachute payments. BUT up to £290 million if they mange to survive the first year in the Premiership. No pressure then!!!!!

when we last went up in 2007 the corresponding number to the 170m + parachute was stated at about 60m I think. I don't think the championship had too much trouble being competitive against us when we came back down.

Whilst all the numbers have simply got bigger, there is still the chance of a massively expensive crock of s*** dropping out of the prem. A Villa or a Newcastle for example with no guarantee that the team will then set the Champ alight :)

Just now, Rampage said:

Newcastle?, Sunderland?, Aston Villa with Pearson and Norwich? are tougher than last year's relegation trio.

Newcastle and Sunderland are enough to make that point. Leave Villa out of it. Not even slightly scared of them, whoever manages them. Fodder.

Really don't want another summer of change, I'd stick with Wassall for another season and see if he can grow in the role and learn from whatever happens with the remainder of this season.

Wasnt a fan when appointed, but now Hughes and Bryson are back we are looking more solid in midfield and starting to control games  - instead of relying on an out of form Johnson. If Wassall can just stop with the poorly timed subtiutions and his over enthuastic post match  I'd be more than happy to give him another season. 

The only thing which I'm curious to know, is just how much influence is Harry having? And who'd come in to lend Wassall a hand once Harry's gone?

If X manager was brought in, they'll want to bring in their own players and it'll be yet another season of getting them to gel, learn their style of play ETC, which I've lost patience with.

2 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Firmly tongue in cheek DEL. He's just a Scottish Paul Clement.

Haha fair enough I'll let you off this time. 

Stats for Premiership

Leicester 17th for possession

Leicester 17th for passes per game

Leicester 20th for passing accuracy

Leicester 5th  for shots on target

Leicester 7th for shooting accuracy

Leicester 1st for points

They have reinvented Football. they played other teams with their own style and did not alter it against any team.

I suspect that Derby will still play their own game if they get promoted but Bryson's pass to Ince against Brighton could be worth developing.

5 hours ago, Rampage said:

Stats for Premiership

Leicester 1st for points

They have reinvented Football. they played other teams with their own style and did not alter it against any team.

I suspect that Derby will still play their own game if they get promoted but Bryson's pass to Ince against Brighton could be worth developing.

Chelsea done something similar in playing styles to Leicester, when they won the champions league under Di matteo-

limited possession, second best in games and played on the counter, but won the CL!

5 hours ago, Rampage said:

Stats for Premiership

Leicester 1st for points

spot on rampage. Wasn't it a long pass to bryson that he played on to Ince? 

2 or 3 passes max - from our box to Brightons. 

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Chelsea done something similar in playing styles to Leicester, when they won the champions league under Di matteo-

limited possession, second best in games and played on the counter, but won the CL!

Good to have the ability to play this way when it suits us. Maybe Hull away after winning at home? Not going to happen

I think wassall deserves a shot at the job , bottom line is the players look as if they are enjoying it under him , you don't have to be the greatest tactician in the world to be a good manager , they are all professionals and know what their job is , it just takes a good man manager to get the best out of them and to me he looks like he is doing that , mind you if he doesn't get appointed warburton for me all day long 

38 minutes ago, valleyram said:

I think wassall deserves a shot at the job , bottom line is the players look as if they are enjoying it under him , you don't have to be the greatest tactician in the world to be a good manager , they are all professionals and know what their job is , it just takes a good man manager to get the best out of them and to me he looks like he is doing that , mind you if he doesn't get appointed warburton for me all day long 

You probably know better than me from talking to your mate Bryson, but (and, even though I have full faith in Wassall's talents), it feels to me that Redknapp's contribution has been the difference in getting all our jaded first-teamers back onside. 

Redknapp's contribution can't be under estimated. He stated publicly how he changed our play to be more pressing and upping the tempo. This is clearly what we needed.

As much as a manager may get on with players (which is important) , they also need to have the intelligence in how to win games regularly too at this level. Not sure Wassall has this (yet). 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Warburton would never leave Rangers for Derby. I reckon we should hire Darrell Clarke.

Bris I don't get why not ? Surely it must be better to sign players you want rather than shop in league 2 in England , no disrespect to that league but that's where rangers are signing players from ! N before I get the Jamie vardy reply for every vardy there are a hundred duds in that league 

Archived